Official Hateful Eight Thread

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I was thinking about that as well. Just wanted to make the old mans soul burn slow.
And a justification for killing him in self defense.

Hangman clearly had a different attitude toward Marques and his blackness. He said black fella because he knew they didnt like to be called "******", and that explanation was one of the only couple times he said it. Plus he felt some respect/kinship w/ him on account of being a fellow bounty hunter, and of course the letter. Of course Hangman still got racist when he was pissed off but other than that he didnt treat him different from anyone. Im sure his mentality was considered very progressive back then lol

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
i'm about an hour in...they definitely crushed the n1993r per hour record on this shyt :mjpls:

i get that people might have been more open with their racism back then, but were they really saying that shyt every other word? its beginning to get annoying. Tarantino needs to exploit something else in his next batch of films.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Can't say this is a QT classic nor a dud. Kept my attention and I didn't think it felt overly long. There was a feel that it wasn't going to have the pay off it deserved as the film preogressed. Seemed like several characters were wasted. But all in all, solid film. The Tarantino die hards will love it. Sam Jackson was good even though he was just being himself. I give it a solid B.

• Dap
Reactions: jeh

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
i'm about an hour in...they definitely crushed the n1993r per hour record on this shyt :mjpls:

i get that people might have been more open with their racism back then, but were they really saying that shyt every other word? its beginning to get annoying. Tarantino needs to exploit something else in his next batch of films.
i think he may have found his niche in "period pieces" :mjpls:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Can't say this is a QT classic nor a dud. Kept my attention and I didn't think it felt overly long. There was a feel that it wasn't going to have the pay off it deserved as the film preogressed. Seemed like several characters were wasted. But all in all, solid film. The Tarantino die hards will love it. Sam Jackson was good even though he was just being himself. I give it a solid B.
I have it somewhere in the middle of his filmography at the moment, but i still give it an 8/10

Tarantino is only competing with himself at the moment

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
after seeing it..it was cool. it def dragged at times like most QT movies but not really in a bad way. they say ****** every 3 seconds and it got kind of annoying...

also i found it kind of unrealistic everyone knew eachother's name....people coming out the cut and the next words you hear "OH WELL LOOK WHO IT IS...MR JOHN P WENTWORTH THE 3RD...STRONGEST MAN IN THE MIDWEST...HE ALWAYS GETS HIS WOMAN" ....like ok i can accept that once, but it was like every time a new character was introduced they had another character say their full name and know their whole story. no one appeared organically and just popped into the storyline.

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
Then someone is lying..... Because in a recent Actors panel interview (the one with Will, Benecio, and etc).

Sam says that QT calls him and tell him he got a part in a movie for him and Sam just says "ok"

:patrice:
they are both basically true. i saw an interview with both of them and QT said he writes a specific role for Sam each movie but he lets Sam read the script and pick who he wants without telling him which character was written for him.

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
I have it somewhere in the middle of his filmography at the moment, but i still give it an 8/10

Tarantino is only competing with himself at the moment

I agree.....

The dude is in his own league...I cant think of another director/writer that can make tense scenes like him.

The one character that was at the end with SJ was really good too....his accent and dialogue were great...Im gonna watch tonite again

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
after seeing it..it was cool. it def dragged at times like most QT movies but not really in a bad way. they say ****** every 3 seconds and it got kind of annoying...

also i found it kind of unrealistic everyone knew eachother's name....people coming out the cut and the next words you hear "OH WELL LOOK WHO IT IS...MR JOHN P WENTWORTH THE 3RD...STRONGEST MAN IN THE MIDWEST...HE ALWAYS GETS HIS WOMAN" ....like ok i can accept that once, but it was like every time a new character was introduced they had another character say their full name and know their whole story. no one appeared organically and just popped into the storyline.

It's post America Civil War breh. It's very possible that all of the cats knew each other either through hearing stories or fighting in the war.