Official Hateful Eight Thread

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
i really enjoyed this.. the 2nd half was really dope to me.

i loved how the roadshow version didn't have the 22 minutes of previews and just started right away.

the overture was dope and the ennio morricone score was :noah:

he went a bit over the top a few times but i still enjoyed the movie overall.

not sure where i'd rank it as of yet or rate it.

Where on the screen was the image at your screening?

At my screening, the image was at the very top of the screen, rather than in the middle like I assume it should have been. The audio was also subpar...louder dialog had a bit of an echo, Couldn't tell if it was a shot speaker or something in how it was played. Those with me didn't notice though.

Second year in a row I've been disappointed by a theater's inability to properly show a hyped up film print (Interstellar in IMAX).

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Where on the screen was the image at your screening?

At my screening, the image was at the very top of the screen, rather than in the middle like I assume it should have been. The audio was also subpar...louder dialog had a bit of an echo, Couldn't tell if it was a shot speaker or something in how it was played. Those with me didn't notice though.

Second year in a row I've been disappointed by a theater's inability to properly show a hyped up film print (Interstellar in IMAX).
I feel like a moron being unable to answer this. I even was that guy and snapped a quick shytty pic during the overture.

I foolishly thought it was going to be in the huge theater with the 30 foot screen but of course star wars took that screen :sadquentin:

20fzrco.jpg

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
I feel like a moron being unable to answer this. I even was that guy and snapped a quick shytty pic during the overture.

I foolishly thought it was going to be in the huge theater with the 30 foot screen but of course star wars took that screen :sadquentin:

20fzrco.jpg

I can't tell shyt from that :heh:

Were there "black bars" above and below the image?

And yea, Star Wars jacked the LieMAX screen at my theater too :beli:

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How would you prefer he had the former Confederate soldiers address the black, former Union soldier?

"boy", "black b*stard" work just fine:sas1:....or better yet,how about black actors have some self respect and stop appearing in his movies just so he can have a reason to throw the word around trolling:sas1:?

If I thought it was for authenticity sake as a period piece I wouldn't have a problem with it,sorry I'm not convinced that's the case with this weirdo.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I can't tell shyt from that :heh:

Were there "black bars" above and below the image?

And yea, Star Wars jacked the LieMAX screen at my theater too :beli:
I don't recall any bars breh. But i was so immersed in the movie maybe i missed em

@ineedsleep212 weigh in breh lol

@HHR you just seem to have bad luck with these screenings

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

Pifferry

blegh
Daps
"boy", "black b*stard" work just fine:sas1:....or better yet,how about black actors have some self respect and stop appearing in his movies just so he can have a reason to throw the word around trolling:sas1:?

If I thought it was for authenticity sake as a period piece I wouldn't have a problem with it,sorry I'm not convinced that's the case with this weirdo.
How can you determine that they have no self respect just because they take a different perspective on the word ****** than you?

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I don't recall any bars breh. But i was so immersed in the movie maybe i missed em

@ineedsleep212 weigh in breh lol

@HHR you just seem to have bad luck with these screenings
Same here I don't recall any bars but I wasn't really looking for em cuz I was glued to the screen the entire time. Seemed right to me. Everything seemed perfect and went perfectly.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Just got home from the show. It's his weakest film. 7/10. Second half was definitely better than the first.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Man..... We about 5 mins into the Intermission..... How long does this last?

Cats in here walking around and shyt.
I'd honestly prefer them go the Grindhouse route and run this straight but I get it.

That Sam L story though! :gladbron::mjlol:

Can't wait for the 2nd half:lolbron:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Damn!! That second half.... Shut escalated QUICK!:whew:

Not a bad movie though.... :obama:Not sure if it needed to be 3hrs.:ld:

And not really overly fawning over the 7m scenery!:russell:

I mean yes it was pretty but if I really cared about scenery I'd watch more Nat. Geo. shyt.:yeshrug:

Solid movie, Trinidad James would be proud with all the ways and times "nicca" was used:mjlol:

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Well....

8. Death Proof
7. Reservoir Dogs
6. Kill Bill
5. Jackie Brown
4. Django Unchained
3. The Hateful Eight
2. Pulp Fiction
1. Inglorious Basterds

But... I still need to see how this holds up with repeat viewings.

And I'm sorta curious to see what they cut for the non-roadshow version.. I'm guessing mostly exterior shots but I don't think I'd want to see the movie without them.

Na... They can go B.:camby:

In the grande scheme of things..... I don't think cutting the scenery scenes will take away from the film..... But I also don't think they really added that much to it either. I mean 92% of that movie felt like it was in a room of sorts.

Now a G about to get some Cookout then head to the house!

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Movie was good, i wouldnt watch it again though.

QT needs to do a Spook who sat by the door Type flick to piss off cops lol.

And the N word usage was OD as usual, I kinda feel Kurt Russel didnt wanna say it so he had QT tone it down in his lines

Yo, that's crazy cuz I kinda got that exact same vibe too:ohhh: