Official Hateful Eight Thread

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
going to check this out in 70 mm tomorrow since QT made such a big deal out of it. QT said on Howard Stern that Sam Jackson casts himself in all of QT's movies. Sam gets a hold of the script and gives QT a call and tells him that he's going to be the piano player in Kill Bill or do the narration for Basterds...

Then someone is lying..... Because in a recent Actors panel interview (the one with Will, Benecio, and etc).

Sam says that QT calls him and tell him he got a part in a movie for him and Sam just says "ok"

:patrice:

#SOG_soldier

New York knicks and phoenix suns stan
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
You ever see him when he went on BET. It was fukking hilarious and pathetic. Dude literally changed the way he talked to sound "black"

EDIT: Cracked did a hilarious video with it :dead:

this nikka cant be serious :why:

QT is just too damn cringewothy. I HATE when CACS try too hard :huhnikka119:

• Dap
Reactions: Hi!

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yea being overseas and wanting to watch Hollywood films is a chore, its like they don't care if people overseas bootleg them or not.. shyt I cant even get Netflix without a vpn out here, I basically rely on bootlegs and don't feel bad about it..

:snoop: so yall are saying I am either going to love or hate it? so there is no inbetween? I should know better this is the classic or trash era. I'm not saying yalls opinions are wrong I just don't understand why yall opinions are polar oposites

If it makes you feel better... I'm that middle ground! I didn't hate this movie..... But I'm not gonna overrate it for that it is

Solid movie

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Can't say Hateful 8 was better than Django. That movie to me had the perfect mix of comedy, action and moments that generally pissed you off (which is what he was going for)

I feel like if this movie was shorter it could have been better. I understood why Django was such a long movie. This, not so much.

There's a great movie in 2hrs here if Tarantino would just trust an editor. Stlll..

shyt sort of reminded me of The Thing.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Well....

8. Death Proof
7. Reservoir Dogs
6. Kill Bill
5. Jackie Brown
4. Django Unchained
3. The Hateful Eight
2. Pulp Fiction
1. Inglorious Basterds

But... I still need to see how this holds up with repeat viewings.

And I'm sorta curious to see what they cut for the non-roadshow version.. I'm guessing mostly exterior shots but I don't think I'd want to see the movie without them.
My list
1. Pulp Fiction/Jackie Brown
2.. Django Unchained
3. Reservoir Dogs
4. Inglorious Basterds
5. The Hateful Eight/Kill Bill
6. Death Proof

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Just got back

If you didnt see this 70mm in the theatre then you didnt see it.

Was not expecting a straight stage play, which I enjoyed. Then was really not expecting a spatter flick, which was also well done. Loved it and I love that QT is out here still tryna give audiences new experiences when they go to the movies. The playbills handed out were a nice touch.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Might of broke the record for N word slinging in a Tarantino film. Lil Mama got her ass whipped from start to finish. That scene with Sam holding his balls was funny as shyt.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Can't say Hateful 8 was better than Django. That movie to me had the perfect mix of comedy, action and moments that generally pissed you off (which is what he was going for)

I feel like if this movie was shorter it could have been better. I understood why Django was such a long movie. This, not so much.

There's a great movie in 2hrs here if Tarantino would just trust an editor.
Stlll..

shyt sort of reminded me of The Thing.
Sally Menke died the year after Inglorious basterds came out. She had edited every single one of his movies.

Would have been interesting to see how Django and this might have turned out differently.

But im a stan so i love both

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Sally Menke died the year after Inglorious basterds came out. She had edited every single one of his movies.

Would have been interesting to see how Django and this might have turned out differently.

But im a stan so i love both

Django's run time was good. There was actually over an hour or so cut from that movie. I do wonder what she would have edited/replaced in the movie. There were a few different shots in the trailer that didn't make the film.

Hateful Eight could have been a GREAT 2hr movie. But still was very good.

I think Tarantino just needs to say fukk it and go to HBO. Just tell them you want to do anthology (4 to 8 episodes) every other year.

His movies seem more like mini-series lately.

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
I can't tell shyt from that :heh:

Were there "black bars" above and below the image?

And yea, Star Wars jacked the LieMAX screen at my theater too :beli:

Mine had the image projected to the top. Just from reading other experiences sounds like most multiplex theaters had it either projected to the top or bottom.

Theaters that have actual experience with 70mm are the places to go if you can swing it.

Music Box in Chicago, AFI Silver, Arclight Hollywood, ect