Official Hateful Eight Thread

ineedsleep212

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
I got 4 of the programs. Kinda got tight that I couldn't get all 8 lol. Each has a different poster.

Given the time, setting and the type of characters in it, I wasn't surprised by the n word usage. I could see why people were like yooo what the hell because it was kinda used for comedic effect but at the end of the day,
Sam had a hold of the situation the entire time, the old Confederate General gets killed by him after being utterly embarrassed with Sam's story about his son and Doggins, the clear racist that Kurt Russell says would never team up with Sam, ends up teaming up with him, and he gets to watch the lady get hung, obviously symbolic of the time. Even though everybody dies, it wraps up in a feel good way :yeshrug:.They all died while all harboring some kind of hate or just being hateable type of people.

I don't know what type of movie people were expecting of this movie knowing most of it was in one place. That intermission felt necessary though.

Beautifully shot no doubt. All of the acting was dope. The score was dope. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I don't like comparing movies quickly but I don't see it as one of his worst films that's for sure.

Last edited:

Based Lord Zedd

Colts or Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston TX
Went to the 70mm show, didnt realize.
Got there a few minutes late whole theatre was packed.
Good movie, same as everyone else has said.
Overuse of the n word, mixed with lots of talking and then some action.
I hate going to the movies in general but happy that I went to see it.

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
Went to the 70mm show, didnt realize.
Got there a few minutes late whole theatre was packed.
Good movie, same as everyone else has said.
Overuse of the n word, mixed with lots of talking and then some action.
I hate going to the movies in general but happy that I went to see it.
Damn, so he od'd on the nword in this too:what:

I really have no desire to see this film. Someone needs tedit these movies down for him. Since its obvious he thinks every second is proof of his genius.

pop

Banned
Daps
Why is everybody so hung up on the "n word" usage? You guys need to read a history book. White people owned us like animals and did not view us as humans(and many still don't). You don't think it's appropriate that former confederate soldiers, and white trash outlaws use the word N!993R? It's called reality. Their was no white guilt or liberalism back than. White people were unfiltered and ALWAYS showed their true colors. I think so many black people today have been brainwashed by Hollywood and liberalism and forget or want to deny the true evil nature of many white people.

Anyway the movie was great as always with QT and it was really mature. It reminded me of his 90's work which I prefer over his cartoonish stuff like Kill Bill and Django. I hope he keeps this mature style and does his 1930's gangster movie next.

ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA

Return of the Khryst
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ℒℴѵℯJay ELECTUA
Why is everybody so hung up on the "n word" usage? You guys need to read a history book. White people owned us like animals and did not view us as humans(and many still don't). You don't think it's appropriate that former confederate soldiers, and white trash outlaws use the word N!993R? It's called reality. Their was no white guilt or liberalism back than. White people were unfiltered and ALWAYS showed their true colors. I think so many black people today have been brainwashed by Hollywood and liberalism and forget or want to deny the true evil nature of many white people.

Anyway the movie was great as always with QT and it was really mature. It reminded me of his 90's work which I prefer over his cartoonish stuff like Kill Bill and Django. I hope he keeps this mature style and does his 1930's gangster movie next.

please explain how 8 is more mature than django and kill bill? the splatter head shots, blood/gore was borderline comical..

Bobhoward

Baseball Ready
Daps
:wow:

Loved it. It's in the top half of his filmography for me. Not sure exactly where I'd rank it.

Well see how it holds up to repeat viewings. Will be seeing it again in 70

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
For all the people that are complaining about the use of "******" and how excessive/pointless the violence is, etc.:

This is a fukking Reconstruction film. I can't even believe that I have to point this out on a Black forum of all places, but the whole film, violence of language and brutality of killings included, are tinged by the extreme animosity and divisions roused up in the wake of Confederate surrender and the subsequent abandonment of the Reconstruction project. I mean, honestly, if you're not immediately thinking of Nathan Bedford Forrest and the Night Riders when Mannix recounts his backstory at the beginning of the film, you're already missing a ridiculous amount of the affect that the film is presenting to you.

Oh, and it's a top 3 Tarantino flick, easily. Best thing he's done since Kill Bill, at least. Maybe even since Pulp Fiction.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
I thought Hateful 8 was good but the only issue i had with the film was all the damn drawn out scenes showing people walking through the snow or working on something in the snow. I mean damn, how long do we need to see someone doing labor in the snow. We know its fukking cold.

I dont think the villain was menacing enough to warrant such a send off but i get that its supposed to be a spaghetti western and thats typically how they end. Like a 1980s Hong Kong Kung fu flick.

Goggins was the standout.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
For all the people that are complaining about the use of "******" and how excessive/pointless the violence is, etc.:

This is a fukking Reconstruction film. I can't even believe that I have to point this out on a Black forum of all places, but the whole film, violence of language and brutality of killings included, are tinged by the extreme animosity and divisions roused up in the wake of Confederate surrender and the subsequent abandonment of the Reconstruction project. I mean, honestly, if you're not immediately thinking of Nathan Bedford Forrest and the Night Riders when Mannix recounts his backstory at the beginning of the film, you're already missing a ridiculous amount of the affect that the film is presenting to you.

Oh, and it's a top 3 Tarantino flick, easily. Best thing he's done since Kill Bill, at least. Maybe even since Pulp Fiction.
It gave me a heavy Reservoir Dogs vibe. Just curious where you rank that one in his filmography? Also, are you counting Kill Bill 1 and 2 as one flick?