Official Hateful Eight Thread

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
3 hours of trash.

This was just a contest to see how many times they could call Samuel l Jackson's character a ******. It got old really really fast. Like 10 minutes into a 3 hour movie. It's not even pushing the envelope at this point, it's just straight overkill.

Tarantinos obsession with having white people say ****** is like a cheesy shock tactic that makes the dialogue sound ridiculous. Ironically the only person with any memorable lines in the whole movie is Samuel l Jackson's character, the guy who didn't have his dialogue dragged down by the word ******. I see why Spike Lee wanted to put hands on tarantino. Dude isn't using ****** to accomplish anything, he's just using it for shock
I saw Django in the theater and the theater was about 50/50 black/white and whenever the n bomb would drop and some of the audience laughed but some didn't it was really cringe-worthy.

In this movie the word makes less sense since it's in the post Civil War North of all places, and maybe it really did get thrown around that much, but he uses it to the point of it being distracting and taking me out of the movie.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
Even though this is Tarantino, I was not expecting this kinda violence. shyt caught me off guard a couple of times :huhldup:

I had very low expectations for this, but I was engaged for the whole 2hr40+min the movie runs. Not a top tier Tarantino film but it was still pretty damn good, way better than I expected. And yes, the "N" word is used way too much for no damn reason, Tarantino 101.

Neither this or The Revenant were "best picture" worthy though.

PS: I always find it funny that y'all bytch and moan about watching screeners and the quality of some of the stuff that leaks. Motherfukkers, not even Creed has hit theaters here in Chile. If it's not a blockbuster like Star Wars, we get award season movies in like February-March and I'm not waiting all that damn time :manny:

Yea being overseas and wanting to watch Hollywood films is a chore, its like they don't care if people overseas bootleg them or not.. shyt I cant even get Netflix without a vpn out here, I basically rely on bootlegs and don't feel bad about it..

Finished last night. Need to watch again asap. :blessed:This is def a top 3 QT flick. Better than Django by far.

This shyt was gawd awful...

Plot was nonsensical even for a tarentino film...if you just add up all the plot holes you could make a movie out of it...

Gratuitous use of the word ****** just to have the word ****** in the movie

Beating on the chick for no reason...every time she opened her mouth she got beat and called a bytch...

If I had watched this in theaters I might have legit asked for my money back...every QT movie from here on out is wiki plot summary status for me...

Not just a bad QT movie just a bad movie in general...I want my time and bandwidth back...

I really liked this movie. I cant believe that I was throughly entertained for all 2 hours and 45 minutes of it. There were very few slow parts.

Did not expect for Sam L and Walter Goggin's characters to team up at the end.

I definitely thought Sam L was a goner when Walter was negotiating with ol' girl.

RIP to Sam L's nuts :mjcry:

3 hours of trash.

This was just a contest to see how many times they could call Samuel l Jackson's character a ******. It got old really really fast. Like 10 minutes into a 3 hour movie. It's not even pushing the envelope at this point, it's just straight overkill.

Tarantinos obsession with having white people say ****** is like a cheesy shock tactic that makes the dialogue sound ridiculous. Ironically the only person with any memorable lines in the whole movie is Samuel l Jackson's character, the guy who didn't have his dialogue dragged down by the word ******. I see why Spike Lee wanted to put hands on tarantino. Dude isn't using ****** to accomplish anything, he's just using it for shock

Good one but as far tarantino standard this shiit was light, it tried too hard to be like his other movies without its own identity and just didnt connect with me like his other movies. no standout characters, the plot was so so, it just didnt have it this time.

7/10

:snoop: so yall are saying I am either going to love or hate it? so there is no inbetween? I should know better this is the classic or trash era. I'm not saying yalls opinions are wrong I just don't understand why yall opinions are polar oposites

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:snoop: so yall are saying I am either going to love or hate it? so there is no inbetween? I should know better this is the classic or trash era. I'm not saying yalls opinions are wrong I just don't understand why yall opinions are polar oposites

It's this new PC culture breh. People are easily offended and quick to trash something that isn't norm. Just watch it and share your own opinion. The RT rating is solid so the people trashing it are most likely QT haters or PC tea baggers. The majority of people love it. Just like most QT flicks.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Yea being overseas and wanting to watch Hollywood films is a chore, its like they don't care if people overseas bootleg them or not.. shyt I cant even get Netflix without a vpn out here, I basically rely on bootlegs and don't feel bad about it..

If u r a big time Tarantino fan u will probably like it if u see through his charade and not a Stanley u might not like it as much is how I take it.

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus

If hearing one black person be referred to as a ****** every 5 seconds by a room full of white people for three hours while waiting until a hour and a forty five minutes for the plot to kick in is your idea of a good movie then you'll like it. It looks nice but the dialogue is redundant trash that doesn't help it in any way but I'm pretty sure tarantino thinks he wrote the 2nd coming of the godfather. I never thought of dude as a hack until watching this shyt.

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps

Its not trash thats why i gave it a 7. But you gotta be kidding yourself if you think this is a quality qt film.

I

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
kill bill was the ultimate tribute IMO..he got everything right..but cats saw the hackness in that too..

i just loved he got the right folks involved for a marvellous festival of action and homage to kung fu and femme fatle cinema..
My fav too, that movie was special. This felt like a b*stard version of django

2 Up 2 Down

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not going to peep this trailer or read through this thread. Just need to know the release date because I'll be there opening night.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Best movie of his in years and I find a lot of his movies obnoxious as fukk. Really good fukking movie. Acting all across the board was crazy and it was a tense fukking thriller until the very end. He tapered the ridiculousness down and focused more on just telling a really compelling story with compelling characters.

USSInsiders

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Makes me physically ill breh. Dudes were watching The Revenant screener too

It also irks me that 00s babies don't go to thr theater. Star wars played 9% teen lol

:jbhmm: Do I....?

:jbhmm: Sit in a large dark room in silence with strangers while eating overpriced high fructose corn syrup foodstuffs and holding in my urine to prevent my bladder from exploding so I can see the movie I paid for or....

:jbhmm: Sit in a smaller dark room in silence by myself for free listening on $100+ Bose headphones while eating unlimited free food and drinks I make at home with the ability to pause the action at any time I choose, and as a bonus, if I catch a random erection, I can just open a new tab get a nut and go right back to watching the free DVD quality film...

:heh: Man oh man, this sure is a hard decision for me to make