Official Hateful Eight Thread

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Better than I expected. He didn't OD on hipstery Tarantino-isms as much as expected, though he did a little bit towards the end. The use of modern music on the stagecoach maybe 20 mins in with someone looking out the window was definite Tarantino hipsterism.

The first hour was very strong, the setup to getting to the habadashery was great. Sam Jack's story with the flashback was Leone-esque in a good way.

I was less into the second half of the movie, I thought it got less interesting with the change of pace and a bunch of gore/people dying.

A message of the movie is that you never know when CACS will decide to start CACCING together, something Samuel L learned when Walton Goggins was pondering the deal at the end.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
This shyt was gawd awful...

Plot was nonsensical even for a tarentino film...if you just add up all the plot holes you could make a movie out of it...

Gratuitous use of the word ****** just to have the word ****** in the movie

Beating on the chick for no reason...every time she opened her mouth she got beat and called a bytch...

If I had watched this in theaters I might have legit asked for my money back...every QT movie from here on out is wiki plot summary status for me...

Not just a bad QT movie just a bad movie in general...I want my time and bandwidth back...

CM_Burns

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Plot was nonsensical even for a tarentino film...if you just add up all the plot holes you could make a movie out of it...

Beating on the chick for no reason...every time she opened her mouth she got beat and called a bytch...

I liked the movie, but yea, that was stupid. It seemed like he was going for laughs and a way to show that Kurt Russell wasn't as racist as others early on, but it just made Tarantino seem autistic (because he likely is).

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I liked the movie, but yea, that was stupid. It seemed like he was going for laughs and a way to show that Kurt Russell wasn't as racist as others early on, but it just made Tarantino seem autistic (because he likely is).

Everything about this move is garbage...

This is pretty much the whole movie...

Blah blah blah...white guy call sam a ******...

Blah blah blah...white woman call sam a ******...

white woman talk...get punched in the face by kurt russell...

white woman talk...get called a bytch by somebody not kurt russell...

blah blah blahl...white guy call sam a ******...

blah blah blah...white woman call sam a ******...

blah blah blah...white woman get beat by kurt russell...

blah blah blah...sam tells story about white guy sucking his dikk...this somehow is supposed to make up for calling sam ****** throughout the first half of the movie...

blah blah blah...poison...gunshot...gunshot...mexican guy call sam ******...gun shot...white guy call sam ******...gunshot...blah blah blah...white woman call sam ******...gunshot...gunshot...white woman call sam ******...hanging...blah blah blah...sam shares tender moment with white guy who called him ****** 20 times and this is supposed to make up for all the times sam is called ****** in the second half of the movie...the end...

and then QT had the nerve to say this film speaks to some type of systemic racism and social injustices in today's word :yeah ok:

If that's the case then the predator series speaks to the issue of illegal poaching and hunting of endangered animals :yeah ok:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
My biggest problem with the movie:

why didn't Ruth just put a bullet in the bytch head. Hard to imagine he made it that long being a bounty hunter cause he thinks a hangman deserve a living (weak ass excuse)

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
I really liked this movie. I cant believe that I was throughly entertained for all 2 hours and 45 minutes of it. There were very few slow parts.

Did not expect for Sam L and Walter Goggin's characters to team up at the end.

I definitely thought Sam L was a goner when Walter was negotiating with ol' girl.

RIP to Sam L's nuts :mjcry:

nomoreneveragain

Superstar
Daps
I liked it

The part about the Colonel's son was disturbing though

I didn't expect Channing GOATum to go out like that

i would assume so.

Im also wondering if the Lincoln letter was actually authentic

It's not, the letter got crumpled up and remember the scene in the dinner table

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
3 hours of trash.

This was just a contest to see how many times they could call Samuel l Jackson's character a ******. It got old really really fast. Like 10 minutes into a 3 hour movie. It's not even pushing the envelope at this point, it's just straight overkill.

Tarantinos obsession with having white people say ****** is like a cheesy shock tactic that makes the dialogue sound ridiculous. Ironically the only person with any memorable lines in the whole movie is Samuel l Jackson's character, the guy who didn't have his dialogue dragged down by the word ******. I see why Spike Lee wanted to put hands on tarantino. Dude isn't using ****** to accomplish anything, he's just using it for shock

klutch2381

A Doctor of Love
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
If you think you're lonely now, ohhh girl...

If I had watched this in theaters I might have legit asked for my money back...every QT movie from here on out is wiki plot summary status for me...

Not just a bad QT movie just a bad movie in general...I want my time and bandwidth back...

I agree 1000%. I'm so :blessed: to have watched this shyt on a screener. I've never asked for my money back in regards to a film; but, I legit think I would have. This movie was utter rubbish.

Fortunate Lee

Superstar
Daps
Good one but as far tarantino standard this shiit was light, it tried too hard to be like his other movies without its own identity and just didnt connect with me like his other movies. no standout characters, the plot was so so, it just didnt have it this time.

7/10

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
i would assume so.

Im also wondering if the Lincoln letter was actually authentic

Me too. Since Jackson's character was clearly a liar, there was a lot of stuff he did that I questioned. That and the forced oral sex. I was questioning both of those. I sort of thought the letter was real.