Official 'Halo' TV Show Thread | Paramount +

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
This feels a lot like halo 4 which wouldn’t be as disappointing if they were adapting the podcast that was released and not the actual game narrative.

Hypris

Superstar
Daps
Some of the CGI throws me off, but it's cool to see a live action Halo finally out.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
As a OG fan from the OG trilogy, I'm still kinda :jbhmm:, like all the recent halos games outside of Halo 1, 2 and 3 their really isnt much you can do with the story. If it deviates from the games to much it becomes a joke and if it follow the games its limited to where it can go. I see this show as a test run to bring in a wider audience to gain the exposure to create a proper halo movie.

After watching episode 1 and 2 the show does a really good job of world building. Sh1ts gonna be bananas when the covenant and human war finally breaks out.
The only problem I have is master chief becoming some "chosen one" character, witch seems inevitable.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
As a OG fan from the OG trilogy, I'm still kinda :jbhmm:, like all the recent halos games outside of Halo 1, 2 and 3 their really isnt much you can do with the story. If it deviates from the games to much it becomes a joke and if it follow the games its limited to where it can go. I see this show as a test run to bring in a wider audience to gain the exposure to create a proper halo movie.

After watching episode 1 and 2 the show does a really good job of world building. Sh1ts gonna be bananas when the covenant and human war finally breaks out.
The only problem I have is master chief becoming some "chosen one" character, witch seems inevitable.

the planet they landed and visited reminded me of something out of mass effect

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
this shyt is full on train wreck status after ep2 :pachaha: you wouldn't even know this shyt is halo if just went off this episode

they out here making up all kinds of trash new shyt that got nothing to do with nothing :dead:

I like it as someone NoT familiar with the storyline from the games, why the hate???:patrice:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I like it as someone NoT familiar with the storyline from the games, why the hate???:patrice:
its actually worse than an attempt at recreating halo where they ignore original content - they're taking existing characters and actively contorting them to prop up storylines that go against the grain of what made the IP pop in the first place. even reth is a joke

cortana isn't special because she's the first ai, chief isn't special because he's the chosen/blessed one,etc ... hell there's even a way to sell the UNSC/Insurrectionist war in a way that gives new color a lot of stuff - why the UNSC doesn't work can be laid out a lot better than monotone exposition dumps that leaves people liking the covenant more by the end of the episode you want to take off chief's helmet? cool. having him chill out of armor around enemies like an idiot is straight up against the character as belligerent readiness is what he is.

this isn't bad because "lol live action rendition of a long running franchise is automatically bad", its bad by comparison to existing live action halo runs. you can't look at the old forward unto dawn or ODST shorts and think this comes close or lives up to the quality of either

Tha Gawd Amen

Mamba Mentality
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang
I'mma watch it because I ain't got shyt else to watch, but shyt kinda mid. They're just taking the liberties of the characters bit far for the sake of getting wider audience. The Reth shyt was unbelievably and unnecessarily trash.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
its actually worse than an attempt at recreating halo where they ignore original content - they're taking existing characters and actively contorting them to prop up storylines that go against the grain of what made the IP pop in the first place. even reth is a joke

cortana isn't special because she's the first ai, chief isn't special because he's the chosen/blessed one,etc ... hell there's even a way to sell the UNSC/Insurrectionist war in a way that gives new color a lot of stuff - why the UNSC doesn't work can be laid out a lot better than monotone exposition dumps that leaves people liking the covenant more by the end of the episode you want to take off chief's helmet? cool. having him chill out of armor around enemies like an idiot is straight up against the character as belligerent readiness is what he is.

this isn't bad because "lol live action rendition of a long running franchise is automatically bad", its bad by comparison to existing live action halo runs. you can't look at the old forward unto dawn or ODST shorts and think this comes close or lives up to the quality of either

Then maybe the writer isnt familiar with the lore or core story and just writing his version of events :francis: I get where your coming from tho.
I didn't get into halo when it came out a long time ago i just know the basics, but the thing for me that stood out was why is the UNSC so evil in this show??? playing the games im and watching the show im like :dahell: did they do all this evil shyt and they're supposed to be the good guys?

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Then maybe the writer isnt familiar with the lore or core story and just writing his version of events :francis: I get where your coming from tho.
I didn't get into halo when it came out a long time ago i just know the basics, but the thing for me that stood out was why is the UNSC so evil in this show??? playing the games im and watching the show im like :dahell: did they do all this evil shyt and they're supposed to be the good guys?
Stop listening to these nikkas man.

The show is not on the same timeline as the games because the games have a singular focus which is you as the MC fighting the covenant.

This show is on the "silver team timeline". The Spartans minus John aren't even the original 200.

The point of this show is to show the combat BUT focus on the human aspect which is what all the books do. Yes the UNSC is this evil. Yes Halsey is a kidnapping psycho. That's what makes this rendition so dope.

There are mad books and comics that point to all this colony shyt. In the books the colonies fight the covenant head up. In the books the covenant team up with the colonies against other covenant.

This is actually the Halo universe. The games never depicted anything close to the real depth and complexity of the story. Mass effect is more Halo than Halo.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The UNSC is fukked up in the games. The Spartan program was kidnapping children and flash cloning them. The flash clones were sent back to the families n shortly died. The original children were genetically modified (think The Witcher) and their original purpose was to crush any human rebellion. Spartans mission changed because of the war with the Covenant/Flood so they became heroes of humanity, but that was not their original purpose. Halsey was the architect of the Spartan program and her cloned brain was used to create Cortana, which also helped saved humanity. All of her work and research tho was propelled for more nefarious reasons as said above.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
The UNSC is fukked up in the games. The Spartan program was kidnapping children and flash cloning them. The flash clones were sent back to the families n shortly died. The original children were genetically modified (think The Witcher) and their original purpose was to crush any human rebellion. Spartans mission changed because of the war with the Covenant/Flood so they became heroes of humanity, but that was not their original purpose. Halsey was the architect of the Spartan program and her cloned brain was used to create Cortana, which also helped saved humanity. All of her work and research tho was propelled for more nefarious reasons as said above.

WoW :dahell: