Official 'Halo' TV Show Thread | Paramount +

Sterling Archer

Spider Mane
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I disagree with this. The reason the Master Chief becomes the Master Chief is because of his compassion for others. He literally becomes team lead when he identifies the artic training mission as a team goal instead of solo survival at like age 10.

He's never been blood thirsty, ever. At this point of the story he's already fought the Covenant on dozens of planets. The colonies are no longer his primary enemy. They haven't been for quite some time.
You’re speaking about Spartans bro. I already said it’s be different if it was a spartan he went against orders for. This is the same chief that killed 3 ODST in the gym and never gave it another thought after he was ordered to. This is still early af in the war. Not all the colonies even know what the covenant is. It’s not about him being bloodthirsty. Never said it was. Chief above all else, puts the mission first. Even in this very ep he spoke as if he didn’t feel right with the mission that killed Kwans mom but said “it was orders”.

They’re doing this for the show and that’s fine. But acknowledge that they are taking liberties with the character.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
You’re speaking about Spartans bro. I already said it’s be different if it was a spartan he went against orders for. This is the same chief that killed 3 ODST in the gym and never gave it another thought after he was ordered to. This is still early af in the war. Not all the colonies even know what the covenant is. It’s not about him being bloodthirsty. Never said it was. Chief above all else, puts the mission first. Even in this very ep he spoke as if he didn’t feel right with the mission that killed Kwans mom but said “it was orders”.

They’re doing this for the show and that’s fine. But acknowledge that they are taking liberties with the character.
But I just pointed out that the very event that made him the chief was based on him seeing the mission as more than what command ordered. Lol that's also the whole plot for Halo 4.

That's simply not true that he didn't give it a thought after he killed the marines. Loool the cut scene literally says, "We heard what happened. It was an accident, but that didn't make it any easier on John." Then the very next scene he's having flashbacks about his friends that died. Go to 30:54.

Also to let my point sink in even more, what did the 3 Spartans do when the breaching devices were planted on the ship? Did they listen to top UNSC command or Dr. Halsey? Were they willing to kill EVERY marine for John despite not knowing what the hell he was doing? YES. I don't know why you think it's crazier for John to not want to kill a non enemy combatant, than it is for 3 Spartans to ignore UNSC brass to kill hundreds of marines to protect him.

In every book and video game Bungie drops hints that John is more human than machine. The show is trying to illustrate this in a little explored way which is through the colonies. What is John's action toward non enemy combatants? Do the colonies ever unite with UNSC? We might finally get to see that.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
They had regular AK's bro lol...plus this is before the Pillar of Autumn 2552 events. This is pre Reach so nobody but the Spartans knows how to kill the Covenant either.
Maybe you missed it...

Some 'Elite' tanking right there, probably desync

Elite-tanking.gif

Later on, MC with the same minigun & further away...they were falling like grunts

Last edited:

RollingStoned

I want a Piece of Peace
Daps
Reppin
Boston, Baltimore, DC, Atlanta
I couldn’t get through the first episode. CGI looks terrible to me.

I don’t think the bit of gore provided will be able cover for the terrible casting and writing in the long haul.

Won’t be revisiting this shyt any time soon.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
the CGI looks great in certain places and then it doesnt its very mismatched :patrice: They need to review and edit each episode like scene by scene

Htrb-nvr-blk-&-ug-as-evr

Black and not crackin’
Supporter
Daps
breh this shyt is terrible. the CGI is worse than movies/shows from 10 years ago

and it makes no sense they sense that they have these weapons/vehicles 500 years into the future. the production quality in this show is pretty bad

I’m not a gamer and ain’t up on this…so in year 2550 on the planet Madrigal, they really got 2004 Chevy Tahoes:troll: