Official 'Halo' TV Show Thread | Paramount +

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Damn I finally watched E4. Yo this is a good ass show.

I gotta go back to the last couple episodes. Where is Cai? Did she make it during the initial escape?

I’m bothered we lost 2 brehs this episode 😡

I was bothered to but after today's episode 5 think its one of the better decisions of the series. And the show runners at least know what MC represented in the Halo games.

It seems this show is going down parody levels now.

tru_m.a.c

IC veteran
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Gaithersburg, MD via Queens/LI
Damn I finally watched E4. Yo this is a good ass show.

I gotta go back to the last couple episodes. Where is Cai? Did she make it during the initial escape?

I’m bothered we lost 2 brehs this episode 😡
Kai was out in the city looking for master chief, so we'll find out how she survived this episode.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
So should I binge is season 2 good? I have not seen one scene from this show

Season 2 is fantastic. I say that as someone who is a fan of the games.

Put another way: If you watched the MCU 2008-2018 and didn't like even the better movies because none of it was comic accurate, you might feel the same with this. But if you like engaging storytelling within the lore + good special effects/set pieces, you'll have a lot of fun with s2.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
Season 2 is fantastic. I say that as someone who is a fan of the games.

Put another way: If you watched the MCU 2008-2018 and didn't like even the better movies because none of it was comic accurate, you might feel the same with this. But if you like engaging storytelling within the lore + good special effects/set pieces, you'll have a lot of fun with s2.
It's not there for me, but I realize they didn't have the budget to do the destruction of Reach properly plus they have unexplained stuff from the first season like what the f a Halo is, (by the third game it's just a cool title for the game).

Brehs can fill in the gaps of what I don't know and don't care to do research on.

The Arbiter was the villain of Halo 1 which I never played, just the multiplayer. At the beginning of Halo 2, he was tortured and punished for failing to kill Master Chief.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
The Arbiter was the villain of Halo 1 which I never played, just the multiplayer. At the beginning of Halo 2, he was tortured and punished for failing to kill Master Chief.

The arbiter was the villain in halo 1 but was not in the game. The villain in the game was 343 guilty spark.

If they don’t even have the budget to do a few episodes of the fall of reach idk how they will have a full season on a halo ring with it even being remotely similar to the games. The flood will be just walking dead zombies, 343 will be an actual person and halo control in a dark 4x4 room with a control panel.

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Kwan character reboot has been nothing short of miracle work.

Attaching her to Gravemind/Flood is about as brilliant of a pivot any one could of asked for to be honest.

Yea her character is night and day from s1

Damn near brought the entire 1st season down single-handily but here in s2 you would never know she was a shyt character

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
Only thing about Kwan is it feels like they may not have enough rope to fill her character out completely. I mean we're talking season 4 or 5 payoff here based on how its going. Idk if she has enough character to make it that far. Its not like Arya in Game of Thrones where she was a Stark and grew through the developments of the family.

She has nothing tying her to the characters except them just being nice and not telling her to kick rocks. She needs a central character tie-in like Makee-Chief at the very least. Kessler and that old white lady aint gonna cut it.

I cant wait to see Arbiter fully unleashed 😩