Official Godzilla vs Kong Thread

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
this movie would have been a lot better if it was in Full screen/IMAX and more time at kongs home world..... i hate letterbox sometimes-----

I remember I first time I seen dunkirk,,,,, i was like :whoo:

Max.

Banned
WOAT
Daps
This broad is listening to a podcast :stopitslime:

The bad guy looks like a fake ass robert deniro:lolbron:

Visually it looked good...

But this deaf kid can just walk up to big monsters:stopitslime:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
I liked it.

The scenes with Atlanta dude and Stranger Things chick bogged down what was otherwise a well-paced movie ..and everything with Godzilla and Kong was great. Fight scenes were fantastic and tbh the one who "won" between Godzilla and Kong made sense... that's logically who i'd expect to win anyway. Still i liked how they threw the other a bone and how it was utilized at the end.

The acting was mid... i thought the adorable lil island child was the best actor out of all them... but just like when Mortal Kombat drops i wasn't going in expecting oscar performances.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Rewatching Godzilla 2014... It's kind of wild how we went gritty realism setting to cartoony futuristic green screen settings...

I really miss the cinematography of the 1st film.

Yeah, I think it's all the tech stuff that's ruining it for me honestly

that and all the plot armor that's thicker than mechazilla's chestplating :mjlol:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Rewatching Godzilla 2014... It's kind of wild how we went gritty realism setting to cartoony futuristic green screen settings...

I really miss the cinematography of the 1st film.

The moment Bryan Cranston character died. The wheels started falling off badly.

Well what helped as well is the Godzilla in the 2014 film is almost 2x the size of this Godzilla, even though they are supposed to both be the same, maybe someone can find why the directors made Godzilla so small in this movie (my only knock on this movie)

Godzilla King of Monsters was 390 feet tall.... his tail was also was 500 feet in length, almost 1000 total length, clearly bigger than battle ship cruisers in the first 2 films..

"His tail now measures 582 feet (177 meters) long and has a total length of 984 feet (300 meters)."
this Godzilla was fighting ON boats :francis: and eye level with Kong

they measured Kong at 104 feet tall in Godzilla vs Kong , yet 390 feet Godzilla doesnt seem much bigger than Kong :martin: which means they nerfed Godzilla size, significantly.

and thats why I think shyt felt less dire and more cartoony in this version, at least thats my take

tldr; Godzilla is literally 1/2 the size of his 2014 and King of Monsters version so it makes him less threatening.

Last edited:

taker597

Superstar
Daps
Well what helped as well is the Godzilla in the 2014 film is almost 2x the size of this Godzilla, even though they are supposed to both be the same, maybe someone can find why the directors made Godzilla so small in this movie (my only knock on this movie)

Godzilla King of Monsters was 390 feet tall.... his tail was also was 500 feet in length, almost 1000 total length, clearly bigger than battle ship cruisers in the first 2 films..

"His tail now measures 582 feet (177 meters) long and has a total length of 984 feet (300 meters)."
this Godzilla was fighting ON boats :francis: and eye level with Kong

they measured Kong at 104 feet tall in Godzilla vs Kong , yet 390 feet Godzilla doesnt seem much bigger than Kong :martin: which means they nerfed Godzilla size, significantly.

and thats why I think shyt felt less dire and more cartoony in this version, at least thats my take

tldr; Godzilla is literally 1/2 the size of his 2014 and King of Monsters version so it makes him less threatening.
Idk...
I thought they fukked up making Godzilla stupid big in 2014. Felt like he was the perfect size in GvK.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
"Kong beating Mecha" - did we watch the same movie :mjlol:

Mecha put Kong on his ass the first time they squared off, then the second time Kong was about to get his head split open before fatboy from deadpool threw the drink on the computer to short out Mecha's power. That created the opening for Godzilla to power up the axe and Kong finished it off.

You're acting like Kong threw the 1s with Mecha and Tyson KO'd it or some shyt :dead:

I know you're exaggerating but still, Zilla literally got dragged the entire fight, was literally on its back before Kong got that ridiculous spaceship defib, and started raining blows....even stopping the drill tail....now without going play by play, yes, Zilla upgraded the axe which dealt the killing blow....we saw the same movie, you just thought I meant he 1 v 1 on him directly, obviously Zilla helped....which made it just as corny.