Official Godzilla Minus One Thread

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I saw this yesterday, and before yesterday my favorite Kaiju film was the Suicide Squad (or Jurassic Park if you want to count that. ) Now i wanna go back and watch a bunch of the non GvK stuff, cause that shyt put me off these types of films. Any streaming service you know with a decent catalog of these?

This is definitely in my top ten of the year.
  • Rodan - Available for free on Pluto TV
  • Mothra - Available for free on Pluto TV
  • The Beast from 20,000 Fathoms - Available to rent on YouTube
  • King Kong (1933 and 2005) - Available to rent on YouTube
  • Cloverfield - Available to rent on YouTube
  • The Host (2007) - Available for free on Kanopy
  • The Mist - Available for free on Peacock
  • Monsters - Available on Peacock and Tubi
  • Pacific Rim - Available to rent on YouTube
All of these films are your best bets if you're looking for some lone-non-Godzilla flicks to find.

The Heisei Gamera trilogy does feature giant monster fights but has a nice, interconnected story in all three films. I have them on blu-ray but I'm not sure where to stream them at the moment.

And if you're looking for Godzilla movies to revisit or watch for the first time, I recommend:

• Gojira - Available for free on Pluto TV
  • Mothra vs, Godzilla - Available on HBO Max or Pluto TV
  • Godzilla vs. Destroyah - Available for free on Internet Archive
  • GMK - Available for free on Pluto TV
  • Shin Godzilla - Available for free on Internet Archive
Have fun.

Last edited:

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is Shin Godzilla worth watching? The director created one of the greatest anime of all time in Evangelion and i’m thinking of watching it since this film blew my mind
Yeah it is in it take the japanese goverment view point on how to stop godzilla where as this movie is the view point of the civilian's it the same but different also when you see Shin Godzilla in action you can tell that movie was make by the mind behind Evangelion.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Is Shin Godzilla worth watching? The director created one of the greatest anime of all time in Evangelion and i’m thinking of watching it since this film blew my mind
I thought it was boring. People talking in rooms. Baby Godzilla looks goofy AF. There was a dope nighttime destruction scene that I wish minus one had but this movie makes shin look like it's from the 50s

chiefdogg

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ayo!!! Just got back from watching and shyt was 🔥🔥🔥🔥 like someone else mentioned love that it wasn't focused on just Godzilla. Oh and I don't know how to spoiler but there is a small tie in with the Monarch series on Apple TV in the beginning.

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I gotta agree with Korey from Double Toasted on this, Godzilla was a fukkin a$$hole in this film. :pachaha:

this might be my favorite Godzilla film ever, shyt was raw. aint even interested in that new Godzilla kong bullshyt thats coming out.

Jayou Ayen

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The East Bay
I saw the movie last night at Cinemark in D-Box. Never watched a film like that before. I’m sure it would still have been great in standard seating, but the experience was incredible.
My brother said that he saw Pacific Rim in D-Box in Mexico when it premiered. I wish I could’ve seen it like that too.

Anyway, movie was excellent.