Official Godzilla Minus One Thread

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I still liked "Shin Godzilla" better, although "Godzilla Minus One" being done in full Japanese had something to do with my opinion, plus the AMC app still isn't letting their members know the entire film was done with English subtitles. I almost had the same experience with an AMC theater when I went to see "The Cello" recently. That movie wasn't listed on any movie app as being subtitled. However only half of the film was actually subtitled, so I guess they were being half way honest. Still a somewhat disappointing experience if you don't know this going in. Thank me later. No wonder there was only two people in the entire auditorium, including myself. When I asked the other viewer if the movie was gonna be entirely subtitled, he didn't know either, and he was getting more and more disappointed like I was. He said he also walked into "Godzilla Minus One" last week like I did, not knowing the entire film was gonna be subtitled.

Anyway, it took a while before "The Cello" finally turned English spoken. But it kept going back and forth between subtitled and English spoken for the rest of the movie. I can't say "The Cello" was the best horror movie, or up there with the worst, but it was one of the weirdest I've seen that you could still somewhat relate to, when you think about music and concerts. I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed the film that much more, even if the film would have been done in English all the way through. I'll leave it like that, before I spoil the movie.

As far as the Godzilla movies, nothing matched that scene in "Shin Godzilla", when Godzilla finally showed up from the shore, and the camera slowly went up from his knees, to his waist, to his chest, and finally to his face. Then he burst out with the loudest roar in the movie auditorium up to that point. That had grown men in the audience screaming like women. Ok, that didn't really happen, but that part was still very moving.

Last edited:

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
I still liked "Shin Godzilla" better, although "Godzilla Minus One" being done in full Japanese had something to do with my opinion, plus the AMC app still isn't letting their members know the entire film was done with English subtitles. I almost had the same experience with an AMC theater when I went to see "The Cello" recently. That movie wasn't listed on any movie app as being subtitled. However only half of the film was actually subtitled, so I guess they were being half way honest. Still a somewhat disappointing experience if you don't know this going in. Thank me later. No wonder there was only two people in the entire auditorium, including myself. When I asked the other viewer if the movie was gonna be entirely subtitled, he didn't know either, and he was getting more and more disappointed like I was. He said he also walked into "Godzilla Minus One" last week like I did, not knowing the entire film was gonna be subtitled.

Anyway, it took a while before "The Cello" finally turned English spoken. But it kept going back and forth between subtitled and English spoken for the rest of the movie. I can't say "The Cello" was the best horror movie, or up there with the worst, but it was one of the weirdest I've seen that you could still somewhat relate to, when you think about music and concerts. I'm not sure if I would have enjoyed the film that much more, even if the film would have been done in English all the way through. I'll leave it like that, before I spoil the movie.

As far as the Godzilla movies, nothing matched that scene in "Shin Godzilla", when Godzilla finally showed up from the shore, and the camera slowly went up from his knees, to his waist, to his chest, and finally to his face. Then he burst out with the loudest roar in the movie auditorium up to that point. That had grown men in the audience screaming like women. Ok, that didn't really happen, but that part was still very moving.
Dawg you've been crying about this movie being subtitled for a week. Let the hurt go

taker597

Superstar
Daps

For a dawg that doesn't like to read. You sure be writing a novel for no reason.

Is the English dubbing in Shin Godzilla any good? I never knew they English dubbed it

FunkDoc1112

Heavily Armed
Daps
Reppin
The 718
For a dawg that doesn't like to read. You sure be writing a novel for no reason.

Is the English dubbing in Shin Godzilla any good? I never knew they English dubbed it
It's meh. Funimation did it and they approached it like an anime dub, which didn't fit the visuals at all IMO. Script was accurate but the voice acting was aight...plus I couldn't unhear certain Funimation regulars and had their anime character roles in my head :mjlol: