Official Godzilla: King of Monsters Thread

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Yall are actually sleeping on Kong in this:mjpls:Kong can actually get on and off the island at any time due to the hollow earth. He just chooses not to cause he doesn't care.
When False King did his war cry summoning all the monsters and waking them up Kong was absent. Him and Mothra besides Godzilla were the only ones unaffected. It's due to them being alphas:ufdup:The end newspaper clips said some monsters were gathering at Skull Island. It's due to some going to bend the knee to him and not Godzilla:ufdup:/SPOILER]

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Rocketman instead but we may just see that sunday

that movie is :ld:...might be cause I'm not that big of an EJ fan and only really know the hits.

movie had a lot of musical numbers...it's more Mama Mia than Bohemian Rhapsody

and I denno, since I'm not really a fan of his, the 2 hour run time made me get antsy by the hour and a half mark.

plus...
there's a :wrist::hubie: scene that lasts longer than it should have

:scust:

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
I watched all the old school flicks because of my pops and uncles as a kid but i never knew all of the history. Ghidora is from outer space? He is a mutant hydra Or was that made up for this movie?
He's been both, depending on the movie.

In the original series of movies (1954-1975), Ghidorah was a dragon from outer space.
In the second series (1984-1995), which begins after the original and reboots everything else, Ghidorah was a monster mutated from three smaller creatures from the future.
In the third series (1999-2004), each Godzilla movie was a reboot and Ghidorah appears in two of them. In the 2001 movie, Ghidorah was one of three mythical gods (along with Mothra and Baragon) who are awakened to fight against Godzilla. And in the 2004 movie, Ghidorah is back to being a dragon from outer space.

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Movie was dope. Better than Endgame.

Every scene with Rodan was piff. Especially the Mexico dogfighting scene.

I didn't even occur to me that burning Godzilla would make an appearance. Man that shyt was epic.

I knew that short haired Asian lady was a Mothra twin reference. I'm so glad they confirmed it when they showed her family history. Great job paying homage.

Yeah there were a couple of plot holes like how can the Orca be left unguarded for the young girl to steal. But in a movie like this the plot holes weren't that major for me to obsess about.

Ghidorah was an absolute badass. And the fact that he went out of his way to kill people just made him that much more of a villain..

I don't recall anyone online guessing that the falling being on fire was actually Godzilla as he was being dropped by the Ghidorah. Once again that shyt was dope too.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
It's a pity that Legendary couldn't get the rights to Anguirus. In the late 60's/early 70's he was the Jeremy Renner to Godzilla's Ben Affleck in The Town.

Godzilla: "I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can't ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people. :stopitslime:"
Anguirus: ":ehh: Who's car we taking?"

1024px-Anguirus_DAM.jpg

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

It is when the original hit 94 mil opening weekend and over performed. Deadline has a pretty good write up in that same article about whit probably didn't do as well and how WB/Legendary chose to market it. The overseas numbers aren't looking too hot either.

BUT, the good news is, Godzilla V Kong is already shot and in post production now. Meaning we will be getting that but they've got to find the right angle to market it or this will be the last kong or Godzilla movie they make for a while

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
BUT, the good news is, Godzilla V Kong is already shot and in post production now. Meaning we will be getting that but they've got to find the right angle to market it or this will be the last kong or Godzilla movie they make for a while

shiiit...it should be able to market itself...it's like Freddy v Jason