Official Godzilla: King of Monsters Thread

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
To be fair, if the human drama in the 2014 movie were more compelling it wouldn’t be such a big problem. But the most interesting character got killed off 30 minutes in and we got stuck with Aaron Taylor-Johnson for the rest of the film.

You know it's funny because I remember watching the trailer and being like "Cranston doesn't seem to be in the movie past a certain point but surely they wouldn't be brazen enough to kill him off." And they did. :beli:.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
This flick looks coo but no doubt the human characters gonna fukk this up some how. They got that little cac kid getting all the close ups.

They don’t. There’s not that much focus on them and when they are in focus, it ties into everything else. They’re all in the same movie as opposed to feeling like they’re in two different movies like the 2014 flick. Everything works in concert to the ending

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
They don’t. There’s not that much focus on them and when they are in focus, it ties into everything else. They’re all in the same movie as opposed to feeling like they’re in two different movies like the 2014 flick. Everything works in concert to the ending
Did you catch this already? How was it?

KingCesar

All Star
Daps
You know it's funny because I remember watching the trailer and being like "Cranston doesn't seem to be in the movie past a certain point but surely they wouldn't be brazen enough to kill him off." And they did. :beli:.
I keep wondering how much better the movie would have been if Cranston was the main character the whole time. I couldn’t believe they wasted him. If you have Walter White in your movie, you utilize him for everything he’s worth.

I don’t know if this new movie will be any better. But at least we know that if it fails it won’t be because the film centered the least interesting elements of the movie and cut short the best parts (Cranston, Godzilla, etc.).

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Did you catch this already? How was it?

Yup saw it at a screening last week. It’s really good. It’s a big budget action movie that looks gorgeous. I’ve got a few issues with the script in certain moments but those are minor quibbles in the grand scheme of things.

See it on the largest screen possible. Also the score is top notch

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
Yup saw it at a screening last week. It’s really good. It’s a big budget action movie that looks gorgeous. I’ve got a few issues with the script in certain moments but those are minor quibbles in the grand scheme of things.

See it on the largest screen possible. Also the score is top notch
Nice. Yeah was on the fence back and forth cuz been so disappointed in the past. I think I'll try and hit it up on Friday.

Don't let me down, Marty, like the predator. :ufdup:

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!

:dwillhuh:

Folks bytching about a movie about Godzilla and co fukking shyt up..that sounds dope

I also found an interesting reply to this tweet. Godzilla's screen time in all of his films:

Mf8Rlm0.jpg

• Godzilla had less screen time in his debut than Darth Vader did in Star Wars: ANH.
  • I figured Tokyo S.O.S. would be #1 because it seems like the first thirty minutes set up the human element and from then on out, it was monster action.
  • Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla II is #1 which might be why I hold that film in high regard.
  • He has never gone over 30 minutes.
  • I'm shocked that All Monsters Attack isn't last because that film is mostly Godzilla in stock footage.
  • It seems like he was in Ghidorah: The Three Headed Monster and Invasion of Astro Monster longer than those times listed.

Last edited:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Yup. They do early screenings every now and then. Sign up for alerts on screenings at advancedscreenings.com

Anytime something pops, you’ll get an email. This one was at a nice amc imax and not everyone showed so I had a dope seat
:dead: breh getting screenings of everything now