Official Godzilla: King of Monsters Thread

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
I just wonder if the mixed reception from critics will hurt the B.O. :francis: A lot of reviews that I've watched didn't like it, however reading through the comment sections, it seems like the overall tone is the exact opposite with people getting even more hyped up for it.
Venom proved fukk the critics :yeshrug:Long as audiences have a blast seeing it who gives a damn and I damn sure don't
full-3_zpsobokmvw3.png
It's the only real blockbuster out for now so it'll have plenty of time to do damage at the B.O. Speculation is it's already possibly doing 230mill or more WW opening weekend :wow:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Venom proved fukk the critics :yeshrug:Long as audiences have a blast seeing it who gives a damn and I damn sure don't
full-3_zpsobokmvw3.png
It's the only real blockbuster out for now so it'll have plenty of time to do damage at the B.O. Speculation is it's already possibly doing 230mill or more WW opening weekend :wow:

Also, also....critics are just paid to give their opinions. Idk why we act like they're Moses coming down from Mt. Sinai with the 10 commandments. Their job is to give their opinion of a movie and tell you what to expect. You either align with their opinion or you don't. The people who want to see this movie are already in the bag for it. It'll live and die on word of mouth and its already expected to kill it this weekend.

We need to have a serious debate on this site about the nature of criticism.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
full-3_zpsobokmvw3.png

You thought Venom was good bro? Lol

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Where's your review @MartyMcFly ?

They saying the humans suck in this movie again and bring it down, say it ain't so. :martin:

I’m done with you guys :russ: see the movie and decide for yourselves. Damn robots :russ:

As far as a review not doing that. Taking a couple themes in the movie that I keep seeing in other movies during this trump bullshyt and writing what this movie has to say about them. These shyts keep popping up

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I’m done with you guys :russ: see the movie and decide for yourselves. Damn robots :russ:

As far as a review not doing that. Taking a couple themes in the movie that I keep seeing in other movies during this trump bullshyt and writing what this movie has to say about them. These shyts keep popping up
I feel ya on the themes, coo to hear you working on a piece. Age of Trump runs deep in many areas of theme and overall tone of this era we live in. Many layers involved ironically the man himself is shallow as anyone I've ever seen.

But I'm not no robot. Just a concerned resident who's bread is precious. Not trying to see a mediocre movie just cuz the score and graphics are dope. A brief review is not asking too much.

Either way it's dtrump killer until dtrump kills me. :ahh:

Won Won

Superstar
Daps
Also, also....critics are just paid to give their opinions. Idk why we act like they're Moses coming down from Mt. Sinai with the 10 commandments. Their job is to give their opinion of a movie and tell you what to expect. You either align with their opinion or you don't. The people who want to see this movie are already in the bag for it. It'll live and die on word of mouth and its already expected to kill it this weekend.

We need to have a serious debate on this site about the nature of criticism.

:russ:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I feel ya on the themes, coo to hear you working on a piece. Age of Trump runs deep in many areas of theme and overall tone of this era we live in. Many layers involved ironically the man himself is shallow as anyone I've ever seen.

But I'm not no robot. Just a concerned resident who's bread is precious. Not trying to see a mediocre movie just cuz the score and graphics are dope. A brief review is not asking too much.

Either way it's dtrump killer until dtrump kills me. :ahh:

No but the point I’m making is everyone has opinions and everyone sees shyt differently. So you can’t tell how you’ll feel about a movie unless you see it. Their taste or opinion may vary from yours. I read a review that says the humans are basically nonexistent and that’s a good thing. Another said they’re nonexistent and that’s a bad thing. Another said it’s too many humans. Another said it’s not enough. Everyone has their own idea of what a thing should be and their own reactions to it.

Which is why I say see it for yourself and decide if you like it. Trying to gauge your opinion based on the opinion of others is a losing battle. Especially when said opinions are all over the board. The shyt will either work for you or it won’t. It worked for me but I’d be blown if you just took my opinion and ran with it. Much prefer you to see it for yourself and either agree or disagree.

And you’re 1000% right about trump. Amazing a man who’s about as deep as a bathroom sink inspires so much. There’s a theme in this movie of hope vs nihilism and the state of the world environmentally, socially, and politically. And so many movies have taken that theme on since he won and have handled it in different ways. But I didn’t expect to see it in a Godzilla movie

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
No but the point I’m making is everyone has opinions and everyone sees shyt differently. So you can’t tell how you’ll feel about a movie unless you see it. Their taste or opinion may vary from yours. I read a review that says the humans are basically nonexistent and that’s a good thing. Another said they’re nonexistent and that’s a bad thing. Another said it’s too many humans. Another said it’s not enough. Everyone has their own idea of what a thing should be and their own reactions to it.

Which is why I say see it for yourself and decide if you like it. Trying to gauge your opinion based on the opinion of others is a losing battle. Especially when said opinions are all over the board. The shyt will either work for you or it won’t. It worked for me but I’d be blown if you just took my opinion and ran with it. Much prefer you to see it for yourself and either agree or disagree.

And you’re 1000% right about trump. Amazing a man who’s about as deep as a bathroom sink inspires so much. There’s a theme in this movie of hope vs nihilism and the state of the world environmentally, socially, and politically. And so many movies have taken that theme on since he won and have handled it in different ways. But I didn’t expect to see it in a Godzilla movie
No lie you have praised some questionable films.:russ:

was just looking for a brief review Mart. We all fam in the Film room. :hubie:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
No lie you have praised some questionable films.:russ:

was just looking for a brief review Mart. We all fam in the Film room. :hubie:

Meh lol questionable is all in the eye of the beholder, homie. I love them shyts tho and I stand by it. Like I said, if we all liked the same shyt, the world, and this site in particular, would be a boring ass place. All about taste and what works for you. I’m not a fan of Nolan’s last two movies but plenty of people on this site are. Is what it is