Official Godfrey Comedian (In Godfrey We Trust Podcast)

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
Oh I actually thought I was talking to someone who knew the Cellar Crowd NY comics (Burr, Patrice, Keith, Vos etc) and that whole world and its various subcultures,Opie and Anthony, Cult of Black Philip etc
If you don't know about Godfrey's taste for white chicks then you're not qualified to be having this discussion with me.

Peace6

:dahell: I thought @Ya' Cousin Cleon told u to chill with the weirdo shyt :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Oh I actually thought I was talking to someone who knew the Cellar Crowd NY comics (Burr, Patrice, Keith, Vos etc) and that whole world and its various subcultures,Opie and Anthony, Cult of Black Philip etc
If you don't know about Godfrey's taste for white chicks then you're not qualified to be having this discussion with me.

Peace6

Dodged the discourse like a genuine fukk nikka..... :smh: Internet cats I swear....

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
:dahell: I thought @Ya' Cousin Cleon told u to chill with the weirdo shyt :mjlol:
What weirdo shyt?...

Godfrey is from Chicago, he started off with all my favorite comics and Bernie Mac was their OG (Deray Davis, Deon Cole, Corey Holcomb) etc all started around the same time.

The guys who moved to New York became part of the legendary Cellar Crowd comic circle, ring leader is/was Colin Quinn, their most talented comedic talent was the late genius Patrice O'Neal.

Having watched and listened to these guys from the old school days of bootleg tough crowd episodes, the Opie And Anthony Sirius XM days, then the advent of of YouTube and popularity of podcasting etc I've watched the entire careers of Bill Burr, Godfrey, Kevin Hart from their Cellar days.

I didn't follow the likes of Deon Cole coz they're weren't part of the cellar crew.

Godfrey's taste for white women has been used in roasts and many of their legendary jibes at each other over the years.

It's okay to be wrong breh, it's also okay to not know the nuanced details of a situation, you don't have to quote me out of context and name call.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Episode 203 with Dean Edwards was very good. He's a great guest. Haven't seen the last one yet

Last edited:

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
Can no longer listen to the Podcast with Andre Kim Jong Un on it :francis:

That gook has a lot of repressed anti blackness to him that spills out of him every week.
Godfrey always ALWAYS stays friends with the most :mjpls:people

Cape Town JHB

All Star
Daps
TI conversation low-key heated.

:merchant:
T.I doesn't have an ounce of comedic bone in his body.
He got the skinny guy, short guy and light skinned guy complex rolled up in one.

Godfrey on the other hand is so desperate for future potential favors from TI that he let a grown man talk to him like his Daddy.
It's no wonder TIP had all them guns.

rico_ens

Pro
Daps
@capetown 100 percent correct, ppl in this thread arguing just to argue.

Been following them cellar crowd comics since late 90's godfrey was ALWAYS known as the token safe comic who would mainly just joke on his nigerian dad n upbringing. ALWAYS use to see him with a skinny ass white chick downtown.

Lord Jamar fukked my boy head up bad influence ass niga

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds
T.I doesn't have an ounce of comedic bone in his body.
He got the skinny guy, short guy and light skinned guy complex rolled up in one.

Godfrey on the other hand is so desperate for future potential favors from TI that he let a grown man talk to him like his Daddy.
It's no wonder TIP had all them guns.

All Facts. You see it too fam :patrice:

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
@capetown 100 percent correct, ppl in this thread arguing just to argue.

Been following them cellar crowd comics since late 90's godfrey was ALWAYS known as the token safe comic who would mainly just joke on his nigerian dad n upbringing. ALWAYS use to see him with a skinny ass white chick downtown.

Lord Jamar fukked my boy head up bad influence ass niga

I think Godfrey just kinda got in where he could early on.

But if you listen to him talk about his college days, he was always on his pro-Black thing. I think he's just more outspoken now bc he's seen things happen in his career where he now knows racism played a factor. Like less talented white comics made it big, got specials etc. And also, you just realize things as you get older and this ers allows for more freedom to say things

I'm sure he did date white women, in the 00s him and Ardie Fuqua were cellar staples and we know Black women aren't hanging around late night NYC comedy clubs. It's young white women and tourists.

My thing with Godfrey is, I don't see why he doesn't put out a special via YouTube. He talks about how he can go on stage 2-3x a night and do different sets, cmon bruh put your special on YouTube and charge $5 like Louis CK did. You got the connections to camera men, all you need is like 2. Actually, Vlad did this for him a few years ago, he posted a 30 min set or so.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Yeah he got fired near end of last year I believe.
Wait, he got FIRED? :ohhh:

I knew he was gone, but he stated he was gonna go do his own show. Why did he get fired?

Also, I'm wondering what happened with Alex (girl in the sound booth).. All of a sudden her and that other dude were gone. I didn't know if they got tired of Godfrey white bashing or if they got fired.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
The Ali Siddiq episode was great. They did 2 parts

Godfrey really should've let Ali handle the interview with T.I

Ali was on there TI interview. TI talked kinda sideways with him too. Smh.

Dante was also giving TI great advice about spending a strong 10mins on stage vs 30mins, and TI went sideways at him. A strong 10-12 mins will get you over better with crowd than a laboring 30mins

He's a elite rapper and alltime great, but he's gonna learn the hard way with comedy