Official Godfather Trilogy thread. Plus info on why Sicilians called Michael "Migueleh"

Realest nikka from the GF trilogy?

• Vito Andolini Corleone

• Miguele Corleone

• Fredo Corleone

• Santino Corleone

• Constanzia Corleone Rizzi

• Mama Corleone

• Vinzenzo Mancini Corleone

• Pete Clemenza

• Tessio

• Luca Brasi

• Moe Greene

• Hyman Roth

• Tom Hagen

• Johnny Fontaine

• Joey zaza

Results are only viewable after voting.

Quarterback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOaI06zAvg
Daps
Reppin
Where many murders occur
Just google it breh.

There's no reason Vit would give the other 3 Italian names, but an anglo name for him? :what: Nah, they're Italians, their names are Italian. But when they went into widespread NY society, their teachers, classmates etc. called them by the anglo versions of their names, and that's what they're known by by the time of the movie.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Sonny is my favorite although Michael is the more compelling and is the best character. Sonny wasn't as cold blooded as Mike, which I like, and of course he's a hothead, and truly cares about family. If I had to pick one of them I'm most like, it's Michael in the sense that he thinks things out, always has a plan even when you think he doesn't, and tries to see the angles to a fault where it ends up costing him a lot but I'm not cold like him, which is why I lean toward Sonny as my favorite.

Last edited:

Kyle Barker

Superstar
Daps
Just google it breh.

There's no reason Vit would give the other 3 Italian names, but an anglo name for him? :what: Nah, they're Italians, their names are Italian. But when they went into widespread NY society, their teachers, classmates etc. called them by the anglo versions of their names, and that's what they're known by by the time of the movie.

I did Google it breh. Can you post a link? I can't even find anything that says "Miguele" is an Italian name. You're assuming that because the other siblings have Italian names, he must have one too. Michael is the youngest son, so the family could have assimilated enough to call him Michael by the time he was born. Plus, it's just a movie.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I feel like this isn't fair because some of them didn't get fleshed out as well as others. Besides Michael though, I really found Tessio intriguing.

tessio: :lupe:"he can't do that it screws up all my arrangements"

tom: :manny:"i can't go with you either, tessio."

cici: :birdman:

tessio: :whoa:..."tell mike it was only business, i always liked him"

tom: :mjpls:"he understands that."

tessio: :mjcry:"could you get me off the hook tom?? for old times sake??

tom: :smugdraper:"can't do it sally"

tessio: :snoop:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
Just google it breh.

:camby:Making an argument for 3 pages without posting any single bit of proof or source. I don't give a fukk if you're Italian and your last name is Corleone. You don't know shyt about The Godfather. You are literally the only person on the world wide web claiming this bogus theory. Nothing on google proves that Michael's real name is Miguele. Nothing comes up. :pachaha:I should neg your dumb ass twice for making up shyt out of the blue and calling it facts just cause of your so called Italian background. :pacspit:

Last edited:

Quarterback

Daps
Reppin
Where many murders occur
:camby:Making an argument for 3 pages without posting any single bit of proof or source. I don't give a fukk if you're Italian and your last name is Corleone. You don't know shyt about The Godfather. You are literally the only person on the world wide web claiming this bogus theory. Nothing on google proves that Michael's real name is Miguele. Nothing comes up. :pachaha:I should neg your dumb ass twice for making up shyt out of the blue and calling it facts just cause of your so called Italian background. :pacspit:
:what: 800 results come up: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q="miguele+corleone" That's how it's spelled according to our pronunciation.

I wasn't gonna spell it by the original "Michele", because it looks like a girl's name, and I ain't finna disrespect my nikka like that. So I spelt it by how it's pronounced, with a "g" sound. If I spelled it "Migele", yall would think it's pronounced "Mijelle", so I added a "u" to differentiate. Them Southern cats and sicilians pronounce a c as a g. A cumpa is a companion, a friend, but they pronounce it gumba even tho it's spelled cumpa. And that's where the slur Goombah came from. Different pronunciation forced a different spelling, just like in this case.

Here's the script, dikklicker. I am a Godfather expert, don't ever question my knowledge :ufdup: http://www.thegodfathertrilogy.com/gf1/transcript/gf1transcript.html

DISSOLVE TO: Sicilian countryside, during the day. "The Love Theme" music plays.

Michael is walking with his bodyguards, Fabrizio and Calo. A car drives up to them and

stops. Fabrizio opens the door for Tommasino -day

Fabrizio

[In Italian: I kiss your hand, Don Tommasino]

TOMMASINO

[In Italian: Michele, Why are you so far from the house? You know I'm responsible to your

father for your life]

MICHAEL

[In Italian: I'm with Calo and Fabrizio...]

Fabrizio (to Michael, who can't keep his eyes off of Apollonia)

Oh -- I think you got hit by the thunderbolt]

CALO (poking Michael's shoulder)

[In Italian: Michele -- In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns]

[Apollonia turns to look at Michael]

DISSOLVE TO: Vitelli's Yard. Michael, holding gifts, is introduced to each of the relatives,

then to Apollonia, after she descends the steps and sits on the bench beside her mother.

-day

VITELLI (introducing Apollonia to Michael)

E guesta mia figlia, Apollonia -- e guesto Michele Corleone [this is my daughter, Apollonia -- and this is Michael Corleone]

[Apollonia shakes Michael's hand, accepts his gift, and looks at her mother who

nods, giving her permission to open it. She unwraps a boxed necklace]

Now why would his bodyguards and one of Sicily's most respected men call him his Italian name? If his real name was Michael, they'd call him Michael. But they know him personally, Tommasino has known him all his life, his real name ain't Michael.

So vafanculo to you. Tu sei un omosessuale e ho scopato tua madre! :birdman:

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
:what: 800 results come up: https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q="miguele corleone" That's how it's spelled according to our pronunciation.

I wasn't gonna spell it by the original "Michele", because it looks like a girl's name, and I ain't finna disrespect my nikka like that. So I spelt it by how it's pronounced, with a "g" sound. If I spelled it "Migele", yall would think it's pronounced "Mijelle", so I added a "u" to differentiate. Them Southern cats and sicilians pronounce a c as a g. A cumpa is a companion, a friend, but they pronounce it gumba even tho it's spelled cumpa. And that's where the slur Goombah came from. Different pronunciation forced a different spelling, just like in this case.

Here's the script, dikklicker. I am a Godfather expert, don't ever question my knowledge :ufdup: http://www.thegodfathertrilogy.com/gf1/transcript/gf1transcript.html

DISSOLVE TO: Sicilian countryside, during the day. "The Love Theme" music plays.

Michael is walking with his bodyguards, Fabrizio and Calo. A car drives up to them and

stops. Fabrizio opens the door for Tommasino -day

Fabrizio

[In Italian: I kiss your hand, Don Tommasino]

TOMMASINO

[In Italian: Michele, Why are you so far from the house? You know I'm responsible to your

father for your life]

MICHAEL

[In Italian: I'm with Calo and Fabrizio...]

Fabrizio (to Michael, who can't keep his eyes off of Apollonia)

Oh -- I think you got hit by the thunderbolt]

CALO (poking Michael's shoulder)

[In Italian: Michele -- In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns]

[Apollonia turns to look at Michael]

DISSOLVE TO: Vitelli's Yard. Michael, holding gifts, is introduced to each of the relatives,

then to Apollonia, after she descends the steps and sits on the bench beside her mother.

-day

VITELLI (introducing Apollonia to Michael)

E guesta mia figlia, Apollonia -- e guesto Michele Corleone [this is my daughter, Apollonia -- and this is Michael Corleone]

[Apollonia shakes Michael's hand, accepts his gift, and looks at her mother who

nods, giving her permission to open it. She unwraps a boxed necklace]

Now why would his bodyguards and one of Sicily's most respected men call him his Italian name? If his real name was Michael, they'd call him Michael. But they know him personally, Tommasino has known him all his life, his real name ain't Michael.

So vafanculo to you. Tu sei un omosessuale e ho scopato tua madre! :birdman:
:snoop:NONE of those google links have anything g to do with michael corleone or the godfather you idiot. did you even click any of them?:usure:
:francis:And everything else you wrote is just blah blah blah. Post a link to a page with anyone mentioning michael corleone being known as miguel. Just ONE :skip:You know you can't though.

Quarterback

Daps
Reppin
Where many murders occur
WTF, I just posted the fukking script you dumb mf. I proved I was right, I gave your simple ass a thoro explanation. All those google links are about the gf, but that don't matter, the SCRIPT is what proves me right.
:snoop:NONE of those google links have anything g to do with michael corleone or the godfather you idiot. did you even click any of them?:usure:
:francis:And everything else you wrote is just blah blah blah. Post a link to a page with anyone mentioning michael corleone being known as miguel. Just ONE :skip:You know you can't though.

Uncle_Ruckus

We The North
Daps
Reppin
T Dot
WTF, I just posted the fukking script you dumb mf. I proved I was right, I gave your simple ass a thoro explanation. All those google links are about the gf, but that don't matter, the SCRIPT is what proves me right.
:camby:You didn't prove shyt. First of all the script says Michele not Miguele you dumb fukking idiot.

Second.:heh:This dumb ass thinks Italian pronunciation changes Michael to Miguele. Are you Mexican?
:umad:You got proven wrong. Fake ass Italian.