Official Godfather Trilogy thread. Plus info on why Sicilians called Michael "Migueleh"

Realest nikka from the GF trilogy?

• Vito Andolini Corleone

• Miguele Corleone

• Fredo Corleone

• Santino Corleone

• Constanzia Corleone Rizzi

• Mama Corleone

• Vinzenzo Mancini Corleone

• Pete Clemenza

• Tessio

• Luca Brasi

• Moe Greene

• Hyman Roth

• Tom Hagen

• Johnny Fontaine

• Joey zaza

Results are only viewable after voting.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
You dumb motherfukker, that's his real name in Italian. I speak Italian, retard. I know more about these movies than prolly any1 else here. Those are the names Vito gave them when they were born, their real names.

@Dr.HannibalLecter you too are a retard. Be ignorant of Godfather canon, brehs.

You're on a predominantly black forum and expect people to know who the fukk Miguele Corleone is? :mjlol:

I thought you had an extended director's cut and Vito had a b*stard kid.

GTFO CAC. :camby:

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
Vito.

Exhibit A: When he gets fired because of Don Fanucci, and the manager is breakin it down he's like "Don't worry about it, it is what it is, you still looked out for me so i'll never forget that." I'm that kinda dude so when I saw that I was clapping like "that's a real nikka right there.":salute:

Exhibit B: When he steps down as Don and Michael takes over, and he lets that guy know "my son is in charge now, you speak with him" that was another moment of real character.
Loyalty, is everything to me. Very few actually are.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Young Vito...I always check out the Fredo couch scene though.
It's the way pop wanted it
It AIN'T The WAY I WANTED IT. I can handle things..I'm smart. Not dumb like everyone says but SMART. And I want RESPECT:laugh:

Quarterback

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCOaI06zAvg
Daps
Reppin
Where many murders occur
No he didn't, fakkit. Prove it, I bet you can't...

You can't just translate names across languages :laugh:
How come you got no problem with Sonny and Connie's real names up there. In pt 2, Vito calls Miguele by his real name on the steps after he kills Fanucci. The Turk calls him by his real name in part 1, in the restaurant. The Catholic dude calls him by it in the ceremony at the beginning of pt 3.

Vito was proud of his culture, he did not like anglos. He did not want Mig to join the army and c00n it up for WASPs. He gave all his kids Italian names, it wasn't till after they assimilated into WASP society that they turned Santino into Sonny, Fredo into Freddy, etc. Sonny, Connie and Michael are actually nicknames, their Italian names are their real government names.

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
Exactly. That shyt makes you a loner.
That is real spit. I have very few friends, by choice. And not because I'm not sociable or a hermit, but because I simply don't fukk with people like that. I associate with people and participate in conversation, but I simply dont trust anybody for as far as I can see them. I learned long ago, people really only want you around to get something. The 2 real homies I do have, I don't refer to as friends, but family. It takes years to earn my trust too. I know one dude I met a few years ago, who is earning his way into my circle. Solid dude all the way around. But I just don't trust people, and it's kept me safe. I'd rather be alone with very few and not have to worry about being compromised than being surrounded by many and not knowing who is lurking and waiting for you to slip.

Kyle Barker

Superstar
Daps
How come you got no problem with Sonny and Connie's real names up there. In pt 2, Vito calls Miguele by his real name on the steps after he kills Fanucci. The Turk calls him by his real name in part 1, in the restaurant. The Catholic dude calls him by it in the ceremony at the beginning of pt 3.

Vito was proud of his culture, he did not like anglos. He did not want Mig to join the army and c00n it up for WASPs. He gave all his kids Italian names, it wasn't till after they assimilated into WASP society that they turned Santino into Sonny, Fredo into Freddy, etc. Sonny, Connie and Michael are actually nicknames, their Italian names are their real government names.
:patrice:
You sure they were calling him "Miguele"? Sicilians often pronounce the letter C as a G, so it might have just sounded something like Miguel. Plus, I can't find anything that suggests his real name was "Miguele", and as far as I know Miguel is a Spanish name. I'm going to have to watch those scenes over.

Last edited: