Official Godfather Of Harlem Season 2 Thread

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
They're trying to draw the parallel between Bumpy & Chin. Both about money, family & loyalty...and dealing with the b.s. that comes with it

Crazy thing is, the mob respects the way Bumpy handles business, but he's Black. Meanwhile they don't respect the way Chin earned his spot, but since he's Italian.. he's ok

Was kinda worried for Teddy's mother.

The writers pulled that Intersectionality stuff from social media. The word 'Intersectionality' was brought to the forefront in the late 80s by a Black woman named Kimberlé Williams Crenshaw.

...but i still understand where they were going with the white feminist/civil rights movement

The look on Betty's face when Malcolm walked in was hilarious. She wanted to see his reaction to Elise

Here's something for yall.

Malcolm, MLK & James Baldwin appeared in this 1963 PBS interview/doc 'The Negro and the American Promise' produced by Henry Morgenthau III

Yes, he's the brother of Robert Morgenthau

Leaders of the Civil Rights Movement | Explore Black History | PBS

After watching the segment a viewer wrote that he was shocked "that such a blatant display of racial prejudice could be aired."

You know the type of person who made that comment in '63 :mjpls:

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Some people in a couple of whatsapp groups thanked me for putting them on to this show, because so many still hadn't heard of it.

What I like about GOH apart from the gems lowkey being dropped, is the fact that unlike that other show featuring Italian mobsters, the black characters aren't written like buffoons, are strong, intelligent and stand up for themselves and don't just sit there and take every L handed to them like punching bags looking all stuck on stupid. Of course the racism in GOH is heavier, but black folks aren't being mocked under the guise of simply telling a story.

Every character is written well whether you love or hate them. Suffice to say this is my fav American show of recent years.

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
After watching that documentary about the NOI and Malcolm X, I learned the NOI was nothing about Islam as much as it was about a man worshipping cult. NOI has nothing to do with Allah.

I've been side eyeing Louis Farrakhan's ass for a long time too when there's rumors of him having Mexican baby mommas and he supports Scientology and have members from there.

That's the danger when you have any group where you can't even criticise or disagree with the leader and have to keep your thoughts to yourself if you want to live another day.

No one can deny the good NOI has done, however that type of fanaticism holding up another human being as 'The One' (when there's no such thing) is what led not only to Malcolm's murder but also the Hanafi killings which was horrendous. Surely Allah and truth can defend itself without attack dogs willing to kill just because someone expresses something they don't like?

Peruvian Connect

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some people in a couple of whatsapp groups thanked me for putting them on to this show, because so many still hadn't heard of it.

What I like about GOH apart from the gems lowkey being dropped, is the fact that unlike that other show featuring Italian mobsters, the black characters aren't written like buffoons, are strong, intelligent and stand up for themselves and don't just sit there and take every L handed to them like punching bags looking all stuck on stupid. Of course the racism in GOH is heavier, but black folks aren't being mocked under the guise of simply telling a story.

Every character is written well whether you love or hate them. Suffice to say this is my fav American show of recent years.
The show is about Bumpy Johnson how you gonna have a series based on a weak lead character? Bumoy is probably the most famous black gangster ever. "Hoodlum" is a personal classic,

dat aint da same sandwich

links wid dem grits
Daps
Reppin
NJ
That's the danger when you have any group where you can't even criticise or disagree with the leader and have to keep your thoughts to yourself if you want to live another day.

No one can deny the good NOI has done, however that type of fanaticism holding up another human being as 'The One' (when there's no such thing) is what led not only to Malcolm's murder but also the Hanafi killings which was horrendous. Surely Allah and truth can defend itself without attack dogs willing to kill just because someone expresses something they don't like?

true dat, I been saying this about the NOI

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
It's called, "Who Killed Malcolm X" on Netflix. It's good sh_t.

People need to read about Cointelpro. Feds always picked a certain part of our own kind and black mail if we didn't do what they wanted.
Been trying to bring awareness to people but you know how that goes- small minds think small; if only people read to educate themselves.

Reposting this here: (it’s heavy reading but it’s worth the knowledge).
https://www.thecoli.com/threads/cointelpro-history-of-and-resources.819339/#post-41062231

Straight from the FBI vault- things can only be state secrets but for so long.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

Exactly I've been sick my whole life watching mafia/mob shows and black folks are looked at as dumb, slow, can be bullied and outsmarted
Malcolm x wasn't scared of no cracka and neither was bumpy

even on the tv show power/snowfall/etc. the mafia/cartels are still these old boogeyman that black folks are scared of :mjlol:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4

screw the noi, membership before malcolm x was just a little drizzle. I put the death of malcolm x solely at their feet.