Official Godfather Of Harlem Season 2 Thread

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
This was a great episode!
-Mayme called Bumpy's mistress a dusty ass cracka! :russ:

-Bro. Malcolm was getting threats from the FBI & the NOI, but he wanted NO SMOKE with his Black queen!:whoa:

-Speaking of Dr. Betty Shabazz, there are some beautiful sisters on this show.
:ohlawd:

-The mob messed up when they killed Bumpy & Chin's men. So far, it looks like Bumpy & Chin are a unit.

-Keep your good eye om Chin though, Bumpy.
:ufdup:

-Adam Clayton Powell clashes with Bumpy & Malcolm, but he's down to ride whenever they need him to make things happen.
:myman:

-The scene with Elise & Betty was :wow:

-Mayme's words on white feminists trying to co-opt the civil rights movement. :wow:

-That snubnose made Teddy's mom hit the:damn: real quick!

-Bro. Charles "I'mma kill Malcolm" :birdman:
-Malcolm said :boss:
-Bro. Charles ":sadbron:"

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
This was a great episode!
-Mayme called Bumpy's mistress a dusty ass cracka! :russ:

-Bro. Malcolm was getting threats from the FBI & the NOI, but he wanted NO SMOKE with his Black queen!:whoa:

-Speaking of Dr. Betty Shabazz, there are some beautiful sisters on this show.
:ohlawd:

-The mob messed up when they killed Bumpy & Chin's men. So far, it looks like Bumpy & Chin are a unit.

-Keep your good eye om Chin though, Bumpy.
:ufdup:

-Adam Clayton Powell clashes with Bumpy & Malcolm, but he's down to ride whenever they need him to make things happen.
:myman:

-The scene with Elise & Betty was :wow:

-Mayme's words on white feminists trying to co-opt the civil rights movement. :wow:

-That snubnose made Teddy's mom hit the:damn: real quick!

-Bro. Charles "I'mma kill Malcolm" :birdman:
-Malcolm said :boss:
-Bro. Charles ":sadbron:"
"Getcho ass outta my car :camby:"

WesCrook

Veteran
Daps
Every so-called Black Feminist out here needs to watch this scene with Mayme dropping gems:

Amy: "Why shouldn't I compare the Civil Rights movement to the feminist movement?"

Mayme: "Because when you get your women's rights, I'll still be Black."

Amy: "But when you get your Civil Rights, won't you still be a woman?"

Mayme: "A Black woman.....that's the problem, Amy. We lose either way."

Amy: "Have you read 'The Feminine Mystique' by Betty Friedan?"

Mayme: "I have, and it makes a lot of good points, but amazingly, it didn't change the color of my skin."

Amy: :hubie:

....and this is in 1964 :salute:

20210510-092927.jpg

Last edited:

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
The sister who plays Elise is killing her role man.. every scene she’s in, she bodies :wow:
Yeah she is a great actress, she has very powerful scenes. What she said about Malcolm to the NOI when she was summoned was what Elijah and so many members felt about him at that time. It boiled down to jealousy more than anything...

Man, this was the BEST episode of the entire show so far! :banderas::banderas::banderas:

GOH just gets better and better. :whew:

I said the same thing.. That was without a doubt the best episode of the entire series so far. I will let Snowfall be good for what it is. But the acting in this show is far superior.

I would have never thought chin & bumpy would be such strong Allies together, it definitely works.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
The sister who plays Elise is killing her role man.. every scene she’s in, she bodies :wow:
They gave her a lot more depth to her role. I love how she has evolved from such a dark place where she was in last season, to dominance.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Yeah she is a great actress, she has very powerful scenes. What she said about Malcolm to the NOI when she was summoned was what Elijah and so many members felt about him at that time. It boiled down to jealousy more than anything...

I said the same thing.. That was without a doubt the best episode of the entire series so far. I will let Snowfall be good for what it is. But the acting in this show is far superior.

I would have never thought chin & bumpy would be such strong Allies together, it definitely works.

The only thing stronger than Black or white is green and Chin knew Bumpy knew how to make it.

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
To me this is the most entertaining show out right now. Every episode holds my attention and the show usually seems like it is just beginning when the end credits show up on screen. That's how i judge if i'm really into a show or not. And GOH is it for me right now.