Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Exactly I've been sick my whole life watching mafia/mob shows and black folks are looked at as dumb, slow, can be bullied and outsmarted
Malcolm x wasn't scared of no cracka and neither was bumpy

even on the tv show power/snowfall/etc. the mafia/cartels are still these old boogeyman that black folks are scared of :mjlol:
Chalky did his thing in standing up against the mob too. (He was actually based on a real life de factor black mayor of Atlantic City’s black population)

“Actor Michael K. Williams, known for his role on The Wire plays savvy gangster Albert “Chalky” White on the program. Jeffrey Wright, who plays the distinguished yet mysterious Dr. Valetin Narcisse, joins him.

On the show, White is the de factor “mayor” of Atlantic City for the Black community and handles certain tasks for the notorious Nucky Thompson.

According to Wright, Narcisse is said to be modeled after Harlem number-running kingpin Casper Holstein. Holstein was a millionaire who used his illegal earnings to give back to the community-at-large.

There are also flourishes of scholar Dr. W.E.B. Du Bois and Pan-Africanist Marcus Garvey in the character. Like White, Dr. Narcisse lives by a certain code to get the things he wants.

In real life, Black gangsters in Atlantic City would surface much later in the ’70s and 80s. During the timeline in the show, many Blacks were forced to dwell in the city’s Northside section and away from much of the action.

Also of note is that the city itself was largely built on the backs of Black people, as noted by author Nelson Johnson in his book, “The Northside.”

Chalky had a lot of influence

Rollie Forbes

Drapetomaniac.
Daps
Del is one of my favorite characters, but he messed up big time on this episode. I don't want him to die (he's loyal, professional, and a damn good lieutenant), but he started a war & ruined Bumpy's money by disobeying Bumpy.

The only saving grace is that Chin might go to war with Bonano at the same time & be spread too thin to hurt Bumpy much.

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
Del is one of my favorite characters, but he messed up big time on this episode. I don't want him to die (he's loyal, professional, and a damn good lieutenant), but he started a war & ruined Bumpy's money by disobeying Bumpy.

The only saving grace is that Chin might go to war with Bonano at the same time & be spread too thin to hurt Bumpy much.
This. That "never ran, never will" shyt only sounds good....sometimes, you gotta carry your ass. :francis:

Ol girl looked like a girl I went to high-school with who had a thing for me but was fukking annoying so I kinda blew her off. She actually turned out to be fine as hell and I kick myself for rejecting her :francis:

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin

Del is reactionary, but real thorough and loyal. Can’t put a price on loyalty but unfortunately business is business. Without Bumpy putting food on the table, nobody eats - people become desperate when they start starving. That’s the scenario Bumpy was trying to avoid. Del acts before he thinks but Chin isn’t shyt for going back on his word. Chin and Bumpy were going to fall out eventually bc Chin is still a racist mafioso at the end of the day- I think Bumpy wanted to get all of his deals in order before striking back bc he’s more calculated but his muscle was too impatient.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
This is easily one of the best scenes of the series. :wow:
It was - I like how they were able to put aside their petty beefs and differences to where Purnsley was able to become a confidante, counselor and bodyguard to Chalky.