Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
Some of these folks not built for social media

The whole world has access to you and a lot of disturbed people out there wanna bring you down

Its easy to say ignore the trolls ignore the haters but not everybody has a thick skin to this shyt
Yeah thing is the people who are "built" for social media can be a bunch of ass backwards idiots most of who hide behind the anonymity of the internet. Then they go back to bytching about another franchise that has females in it all day. Yeah thick skin :heh:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
To say nothing of the fact that she's actually smart in the movie and adds to the plot and is pretty well read
Yeah, but people have taken issue with her roles for some time. They were not going to give her the benefit of the doubt. I have no doubt that there is more to her role, but it is what it is. As for the attacks she got on social media, I don't care what you think about her, anyone cool with a black woman being disrespected like that by white people is suspect. Everyone isn't built for social media though and you can tell it brought back bad feelings of things said about her before.

Konnan

Undisputed Jack in the Box Parking Lot Champion
Daps
Reppin
#UGA #BirdBrehs #DSGB #StarkSet
Yeah thing is the people who are "built" for social media can be a bunch of ass backwards idiots most of who hide behind the anonymity of the internet. Then they go back to bytching about another franchise that has females in it all day. Yeah thick skin :heh:
The lowest common denominator typing mean stuff to successful people :manny:

The internet is for the most part a lawless place so this shyt gonna always happen

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Think about this...........she's a black woman playing in a big franchise. THAT is the reason she is getting targeted. They hate the movie but they singled her out the worst outta the rest even creating fake accounts in her name and slandering her name. She doesn't deserve any of this at all.

She thought making a career out of being a disgusting mammy would give her a pass (she was shytting on Black People for attacking her "brand of comedy"), now she knows. Maybe she'll smarten up and drop the schtick.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The lowest common denominator typing mean stuff to successful people :manny:

The internet is for the most part a lawless place so this shyt gonna always happen

That's true but it doesn't make the shyt right. I mean everyone has a breaking point and you can only ignore shyt but for so long. we're all human

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah, but people have taken issue with her roles for some time. They were not going to give her the benefit of the doubt. I have no doubt that there is more to her role, but it is what it is. As for the attacks she got on social media, I don't care what you think about her, anyone cool with a black woman being disrespected like that by white people is suspect. Everyone isn't built for social media though and you can tell it brought back bad feelings of things said about her before.

Yeah I get it and I know people are in the business of judging books by their cover even when it makes them look foolish. But cats in here who've actually seen the movie have had no issue with her role especially since it didn't go into stereotypical territory at all and she was not only of value to the team but it was her idea that saved the day. But anyway, your bottom line is on point. I'm not cool with a black woman getting dissed like this or any woman for that matter, especially by people who wouldn't have the balls to say it to their faces

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
Yeah I get it and I know people are in the business of judging books by their cover even when it makes them look foolish. But cats in here who've actually seen the movie have had no issue with her role especially since it didn't go into stereotypical territory at all and she was not only of value to the team but it was her idea that saved the day. But anyway, your bottom line is on point. I'm not cool with a black woman getting dissed like this or any woman for that matter, especially by people who wouldn't have the balls to say it to their faces
I mean, that is marketing 101. You don't get many chances to make second impressions. If I knew nothing about her or Ghostbusters and I see the trailer, what am I thinking? The attacks on her are st0rmfr0nt shyt though. The fact that her costars haven't gotten her back yet is questionable.

wire28

Blade said what up
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang #TheColi
I mean, that is marketing 101. You don't get many chances to make second impressions. If I knew nothing about her or Ghostbusters and I see the trailer, what am I thinking? The attacks on her are st0rmfr0nt shyt though. The fact that her costars haven't gotten her back yet is questionable.
you thought they would? :mjpls:

thats too bad for her but i was never a fan of her brand of "comedy" anyway. perpetuating stereotypes to get some laughs is never a good look

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

The director has. repeatedly. And her co stars have on the red carpet and in magazines. To my knowledge, she and Feig are the only one of the main people involved who have active twitter accounts but I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me. But yeah Paul Feig has had her back on Twitter both times this was a news story and gotten into wars with people over it. As he should do.

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps

That wake up call just keeps on giving :wow:

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
The director has. repeatedly. And her co stars have on the red carpet and in magazines. To my knowledge, she and Feig are the only one of the main people involved who have active twitter accounts but I'm sure if I'm wrong someone will correct me. But yeah Paul Feig has had her back on Twitter both times this was a news story and gotten into wars with people over it. As he should do.
I saw him and no one else, but then again, that could be because I'm on Twitter.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I saw him and no one else, but then again, that could be because I'm on Twitter.
yeah lol I think Melissa is the only one who has a twitter account and she uses hers on and off seemingly just to promote shyt which reeks of someone else operating her account. Kristin and Kate aren't on and thats probably a smart thing on the real.