Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I only defend them because I'm a writer and I feel like cats who aren't get real emotional about stuff that there's no need to and of course I'll defend the people who get paid to do what I get paid to do. I know what its like to have people who don't know you throw shyt at you just because you disagree with them or take a stance that they feel is unpopular. Or people saying you're "paid off" all because you have the audacity to like something or dislike something. I've written shyt on Uproxx and had people in comments section try to feed me my lunch all because they couldn't disagree on some civil shyt. I have no patience or time for that man. There's a way to discuss film and a way to be disrespectful and way too much on the internet we tend to be disrespectful.

Plus also, there's nothing wrong with having a different opinion. Criticism is inherently about how a movie affects you on a personal level and then you break it down academically. But how it affects you is a personal thing. If 70 people like something and 10 people don't, it doesn't mean those 10 are wrong and those 70 are right. It means that it all hit them differently and those differences can be discussed and should be discussed. But that doesn't mean that they should be discounted either
Link to your articles. Don't worry I don't fukk with the comment sections.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Good shyt, my b. Complete brain fart on my part. But does China allow those type of horror flicks to be shown there?

I don't know but probably not. What is weird though is that a lot of Chinese mythology is based around demons and deities and they make movies about that shyt all the time.:russ:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I don't know but probably not. What is weird though is that a lot of Chinese mythology is based around demons and deities and they make movies about that shyt all the time.:russ:

Man that's so odd. I figured they just wouldn't show ghostbusters because they've got that whole prejudice against women thing but I didn't know they were on some superstitious shyt. Learn something new every day

spencerforhire

All Star
Daps
Just came back from watching it and it wasn't that great. It was just corny not funny.

Yes original cast do make appearances as unrelated characters.

Give it 6/10. And I'm being generous.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
Breh...these are the same criticisms the people who made the movie had tho. This is what I don't get about this argument. You're acting as if these are new criticisms or that the movie needs defending. Whether it's the directors, the writers, or the starts, everyone has admitted that they were lazy on it and didn't put the focus on it that it deserved and that it probably shouldn't even exist. I can't go to bat for a flick like that on some ride or die shyt

I love Hook. Love it to death. But Spielberg doesn't and he's the guy who created it. I'm not going to defend it vehemently when the man who created it isn't a fan of it nor does he feel like it needs defending. That's just me. Same with Ocean's 12. I like it a lot but everyone involved feels like it's a turd that they made just so they could vacation overseas and stay at George's villa lol. Why do I need to defend something when the people who made it don't even believe in it?
*Jay-Z voice*

That's where you're wrong :ufdup:

:troll:

Hook for life though pleighboi :birdman:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
*Jay-Z voice*

That's where you're wrong :ufdup:

:troll:

Hook for life though pleighboi :birdman:

How thew hell did I skim over that stupid-ass comment by @MartyMcFly. Better stop praising the old Star Wars films too buddy since even Lucas felt it was necessary to change everything about them in them special editions.:troll: