Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm an 80s baby through and through breh but again, I don't let nostalgia cloud my judgement at all lol. The first few seasons of the cartoon are beyond dope and I'll take those along with the video game over ghostbusters 2. It was my shyt when I was a kid but once I got to college it just didn't work for me anymore. And watched it recently a couple months ago and again, still didn't work. I don't give a shyt how my younger self felt about it when I was 3. I'm not 3 anymore lol. I loved Howard The Duck when I was a kid too, doesn't mean it's worth a damn.
I feel gb2 isn't as good as 1 but that doesn't mean it's bad to me . A bad movie is a uwe boll movie gb2 just isn't as good as one . It doesn't suck at all to me .
Also a lot of that articles criticisms are beyond nitpicking ohh the timeline is 5 years !!! How could all those events happen ?! You might as well comment on the horrible aim of hench men and action hero leads never running out of bullets ( unless story calls for it ) Howard the duck is a guilty pleasure but come on , comparing it to GB2 is ridiculous, it's master of the universe bad

Last edited:

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Well lets keep it 100..the only reason the talk died is because Harold passed. Murray had no interest in doing it. And then when he did he said the script was terrible and actively bashed it in public. I'm not saying I didn't want a sequel because I love ghostbusters so I'm always going to be down, but I also recognize why Bill didn't want to do it and I'm not mad at him. And I'm also not mad that it's not a continuation. I got that story with two movies and a cartoon that I love. I'm good
I'm starting to wonder if your a well known critic on the low , you seem to defend critics a lot in these types of threads

Trip

slippery slope
Daps
Reppin
FL
But Murray hates it and admits he slept through it lol so what are we saying here. Also this writer isn't the only one to say this. And like I pointed out earlier, damn near everyone involved with that movie says it's a miss while Murray came out and said its a terrible flick and the main reason he wasn't game for ghostbusters 3

Bill Murray can hate it all he wants, he's still funny in the movie because he's a good actor and he's funny. Ditto Peter Macnicols. It's obviously not the first but at least it has solid performances and is watchable.

Rick Moranis too. At least they had guys who could carry a weaker script.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I feel gb2 isn't as good as 1 but that doesn't mean it's bad to me . A bad movie is a uwe boll movie gb2 just isn't as good as one . It doesn't suck at all to me .
Also a lot of that articles criticisms are beyond nitpicking ohh the timeline is 5 years !!! How could all those events happen ?! You might as well comment on the horrible aim of hench men and action hero leads never running out of bullets ( unless story calls for it ) Howard the duck is a guilty pleasure but come on , comparing it to GB2 is ridiculous, it's master of the uniforms bad

Breh...these are the same criticisms the people who made the movie had tho. This is what I don't get about this argument. You're acting as if these are new criticisms or that the movie needs defending. Whether it's the directors, the writers, or the starts, everyone has admitted that they were lazy on it and didn't put the focus on it that it deserved and that it probably shouldn't even exist. I can't go to bat for a flick like that on some ride or die shyt

I love Hook. Love it to death. But Spielberg doesn't and he's the guy who created it. I'm not going to defend it vehemently when the man who created it isn't a fan of it nor does he feel like it needs defending. That's just me. Same with Ocean's 12. I like it a lot but everyone involved feels like it's a turd that they made just so they could vacation overseas and stay at George's villa lol. Why do I need to defend something when the people who made it don't even believe in it?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm starting to wonder if your a well known critic on the low , you seem to defend critics a lot in these types of threads

I only defend them because I'm a writer and I feel like cats who aren't get real emotional about stuff that there's no need to and of course I'll defend the people who get paid to do what I get paid to do. I know what its like to have people who don't know you throw shyt at you just because you disagree with them or take a stance that they feel is unpopular. Or people saying you're "paid off" all because you have the audacity to like something or dislike something. I've written shyt on Uproxx and had people in comments section try to feed me my lunch all because they couldn't disagree on some civil shyt. I have no patience or time for that man. There's a way to discuss film and a way to be disrespectful and way too much on the internet we tend to be disrespectful.

Plus also, there's nothing wrong with having a different opinion. Criticism is inherently about how a movie affects you on a personal level and then you break it down academically. But how it affects you is a personal thing. If 70 people like something and 10 people don't, it doesn't mean those 10 are wrong and those 70 are right. It means that it all hit them differently and those differences can be discussed and should be discussed. But that doesn't mean that they should be discounted either

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
I only defend them because I'm a writer and I feel like cats who aren't get real emotional about stuff that there's no need to and of course I'll defend the people who get paid to do what I get paid to do. I know what its like to have people who don't know you throw shyt at you just because you disagree with them or take a stance that they feel is unpopular. Or people saying you're "paid off" all because you have the audacity to like something or dislike something. I've written shyt on Uproxx and had people in comments section try to feed me my lunch all because they couldn't disagree on some civil shyt. I have no patience or time for that man. There's a way to discuss film and a way to be disrespectful and way too much on the internet we tend to be disrespectful.

Plus also, there's nothing wrong with having a different opinion. Criticism is inherently about how a movie affects you on a personal level and then you break it down academically. But how it affects you is a personal thing. If 70 people like something and 10 people don't, it doesn't mean those 10 are wrong and those 70 are right. It means that it all hit them differently and those differences can be discussed and should be discussed. But that doesn't mean that they should be discounted either
How dare you have civil discourse sir
DZTXhmC.jpg

Still won't see that movie :lolbron:

Brandeezy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
East ATL
China doesn't really mess with paranormal supernatural shyt which is why Doc. Strange will be interesting. Personally I'd be like fukk China just off GP on how they treat movies with black people l. Deadpool reinsured you don't need them when a movie is good:pacspit:

SS will be interesting too since Enchantress is a spirit possessing people and a witch with demon henchmen

Including the grudge vs the ring:russ: which I really want to see.

Isn't Grudge and The Ring Japanese?