I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
MK's a better made flick overall but the fukkery of SF :wow:

giphy.gif

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Murray and MacNicols alone make that movie solid. Whoever wrote that is clearly overcompensating.

But Murray hates it and admits he slept through it lol so what are we saying here. Also this writer isn't the only one to say this. And like I pointed out earlier, damn near everyone involved with that movie says it's a miss while Murray came out and said its a terrible flick and the main reason he wasn't game for ghostbusters 3

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Sorry but most 80's Babies love Ghostbusters 1 and 2 and The Real Ghostbusters Cartoon. With that said, "Ghostbusters 2" was clearly a step down from the original. Yes I think a lot of Males are hating just cause they are Women which is pretty sad. For me the movie just doesn't look that good and I'm a life long Ghostbusters fan. Also why is the Black Female Character not a scientist but the other 3 girls are? I mean not only is that stereotypical but one could argue that's a racist choice by the writers and casting. I want Leslie to succeed so I'm happy she's getting blockbusters but she should of spoke up. All 4 of them should of been scientist. It prepetuates the myth that Black People aren't smart. But I won't fully judge until I see the final product. But trying to spin it as "Better than Ghostbuster 2" isn't going to change anything because "Ghostbuters 2" still has the original cast so people watch it reguardless.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Sorry but most 80's Babies love Ghostbusters 1 and 2 and The Real Ghostbusters Cartoon. With that said, "Ghostbusters 2" was clearly a step down from the original. Yes I think a lot of Males are hating just cause they are Women which is pretty sad. For me the movie just doesn't look that good and I'm a life long Ghostbusters fan. Also why is the Black Female Character not a scientist but the other 3 girls are? I mean not only is that stereotypical but one could argue that's a racist choice by the writers and casting. I want Leslie to succeed so I'm happy she's getting blockbusters but she should of spoke up. All 4 of them should of been scientist. It prepetuates the myth that Black People aren't smart. But I won't fully judge until I see the final product. But trying to spin it as "Better than Ghostbuster 2" isn't going to change anything because "Ghostbuters 2" still has the original cast so people watch it reguardless.

I'm an 80s baby through and through breh but again, I don't let nostalgia cloud my judgement at all lol. The first few seasons of the cartoon are beyond dope and I'll take those along with the video game over ghostbusters 2. It was my shyt when I was a kid but once I got to college it just didn't work for me anymore. And watched it recently a couple months ago and again, still didn't work. I don't give a shyt how my younger self felt about it when I was 3. I'm not 3 anymore lol. I loved Howard The Duck when I was a kid too, doesn't mean it's worth a damn.

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I'm an 80s baby through and through breh but again, I don't let nostalgia cloud my judgement at all lol. The first few seasons of the cartoon are beyond dope and I'll take those along with the video game over ghostbusters 2. It was my shyt when I was a kid but once I got to college it just didn't work for me anymore. And watched it recently a couple months ago and again, still didn't work. I don't give a shyt how my younger self felt about it when I was 3. I'm not 3 anymore lol. I loved Howard The Duck when I was a kid too, doesn't mean it's worth a damn.

"Howard The Duck" is basically 80's babies guilty pleasure. We all know everyone hates it, it's a box office bomb, critical failure, even Lucas disowns it but it's apart of our childhood (I was shocked to recently find out "Willow" got horrible reviews, another one of our films). Maybe "Ghostbusters 2" falls in that category. Nobody runs around calling it a Classic but it's not the worst sequel ever just they tired to hard to remake the original again instead of going fully into a new direction. My point is some reviewers are trying to defend the film by trashing "Ghostbusters 2", well that's not a good sign because if the remake was that good you wouldn't have to bring up either "Ghostbuster" Film to defend it.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
"Howard The Duck" is basically 80's babies guilty pleasure. We all know everyone hates it, it's a box office bomb, critical failure, even Lucas disowns it but it's apart of our childhood (I was shocked to recently find out "Willow" got horrible reviews, another one of our films). Maybe "Ghostbusters 2" falls in that category. Nobody runs around calling it a Classic but it's not the worst sequel ever just they tired to hard to remake the original again instead of going fully into a new direction. My point is some reviewers are trying to defend the film by trashing "Ghostbusters 2", well that's not a good sign because if the remake was that good you wouldn't have to bring up either "Ghostbuster" Film to defend it.

It's definitely not the worst sequel ever but it's also not a good flick. Cats just calling it like it is. Plus, again, the cats who made the movie have been calling it trash for years so I don't see why this is news or something to revolt against.

The reason reviewers are bringing up Ghostbusters 2 is because fanboys are saying this movie will "ruin the franchise" and how it's "unnecessary" and how it'll "rape childhoods" and they're saying that Ghostbusters 2 already showed the franchise can go low and is already a movie that didn't need to be made and was made purely for people to buy houses and yachts

doublex

Pro
Daps
Deadpool was banned in China too, but it seemed to fair pretty well. We'll see though. :manny:

Deadpool only had a $58 million budget though.

That's only about a 1/3 of what they spent to make this new Ghostbusters, not counting promotional costs which are going to double their expense.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
China blocked it :wow: it's over Box Office wise

'Ghostbusters' Denied Release in China
China doesn't really mess with paranormal supernatural shyt which is why Doc. Strange will be interesting. Personally I'd be like fukk China just off GP on how they treat movies with black people l. Deadpool reinsured you don't need them when a movie is good:pacspit:

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
China doesn't really meas with paranormal supernatural shyt which is why Doc. Strange will be interesting. Personally I'd be like fukk China just off GP and how they treat movies with black people l. Deadpool reinsured you don't need them when a movie is good:pacspit:

:ohhh: didn't know that. Fukked up

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
It's definitely not the worst sequel ever but it's also not a good flick. Cats just calling it like it is. Plus, again, the cats who made the movie have been calling it trash for years so I don't see why this is news or something to revolt against.

The reason reviewers are bringing up Ghostbusters 2 is because fanboys are saying this movie will "ruin the franchise" and how it's "unnecessary" and how it'll "rape childhoods" and they're saying that Ghostbusters 2 already showed the franchise can go low and is already a movie that didn't need to be made and was made purely for people to buy houses and yachts

The "Ruin the Franchise" people definitely are bias. I also hate the term "Rape my childhood". None of these remakes or sequels can "Rape my Childhood" because the originals are the foundation. But I understand where they are coming from a bit with Hollywoods obession with remaking films and them not living up (Total Recall, Conan, Point Break etc). My only beef with this new story (Outside the scientist thing) is it should of tied directly to the previous 2 films and be a direct sequel. It would make more sense with them finding the original firehouse and all the equiptment. One of the characters should be related to the original characters. They could of easily wrote one of the girls as Bill Murray's daughter or niece as she leads a new team.

If you want my honest opinion Marty is a lot of people have been waiting for "Ghostbusters 3" for decades. Once Bill and the others decided to say no and Harold passed away, most of the die hards were out to get the remake from day 1. To make matters worst when everyone found out all the original cast will be making cameos, they really felt like they should of just did a true sequel and maybe added some new characters. I personally don't care that it's all women but probably should of just kept it "Ghostbusters 3" instead of trying to remake it. Just like "Independence Day: Resurregence" failed to catch most of the original ID4 fans, I'm think this should do pretty good but the original fans are clearly polarized so they will probably skip it. I don't see a Nostaliga Bump ala "The Force Awakens" or "Jurassic World". I'll check it out since of a fan of the franchsie.

Last edited:

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
The "Ruin the Franchise" people definitely are bias. I also hate the term "Rape my childhood". None of these remakes or sequels can "Rape my Childhood" because the originals are the foundation. But I understand where they are coming from a bit with Hollywoods obession with remaking films and them not living up (Total Recall, Conan etc). My only beef with this new story (Outside the scientist thing) is it should of tied directly to the previous 2 films and be a direct sequel. It would make more sense with them finding the original firehouse and all the equiptment. One of the characters should be related to the original characters.

They could of easily wrote one of the girls as Bill Murray's daughter or niece as she leads a new team. If you want my honest opinion Marty is a lot of people have been waiting for "Ghostbusters 3" for decades. Once Bill and the others decided to say no and Harold passed away, most of the die hards were out to get the remake from day 1. To make matters worst when everyone found out all the original cast will be making cameos, they really felt like they should of just did a true sequel and maybe added some new characters. I personally don't care that it's all women but probably should of just kept it "Ghostbusters 3" instead of trying to remake it.

Well lets keep it 100..the only reason the talk died is because Harold passed. Murray had no interest in doing it. And then when he did he said the script was terrible and actively bashed it in public. I'm not saying I didn't want a sequel because I love ghostbusters so I'm always going to be down, but I also recognize why Bill didn't want to do it and I'm not mad at him. And I'm also not mad that it's not a continuation. I got that story with two movies and a cartoon that I love. I'm good