Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
see I don't have any type of issue with females as the lead in anything but what's fukked up is if you say you didn't like the trailer then people assume it's because they are women. When in reality, I feel more like having an all-female cast is more forced than the hate they have received from the trailer.

My own opinion on it is I was somewhat looking forward to it and the trailer didn't do anything for me. I might still watch it but I didn't like the trailer. I hope the next one is better.

Brozay

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
this looks extremely disappointing ... which was to be expected

the original is a certified classic ... why did they have to do this?

Double J

Banned
Daps
I'm not gonna play the pc game: I thought the idea of having female Ghostbusters was lame since day one and I still do. Women just aren't funny or interesting and it ruins the idea of Ghostbusters to me:manny:

With that said, I was willing to give this movie a chance but it looks terrible. Way too over the top with the humor. The original's humor was much more subtle and nonchalant. And not only that but the original wasn't strictly just a comedy, it also had very strong elements of drama and horror. This new movie doesn't seem to have any of the feel/atmosphere that made the original so great.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
shyt was catching hell cause of the all woman cast since the movie was announced
And maybe that's true. I haven't followed the movie that heavily, and only saw a few production stills. But all that aside, what about the people that think the movie looks lame because it doesn't feel like a Ghostbusters film in tone? Like, not at all. Maybe the response could be, "well a reboot doesn't have to feel the same as the original." In which case, I'd say, "Fine, but it should at least feel funny or cool." I watched the trailer at work with 3 other people, one that was a big Ghostbusters fan, and 2 that just fondly remember the movie but don't really care. None of the 4 of us laughed or smiled at the trailer. Not even once. 2 of these people didn't even know a new one was coming out. So are they just also hating because it's an all female cast?

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
If you guys thought it was a bad trailer(I wasn't much a fan of it either) then that's perfectly fine. It's just laughable to deny that there was a contingent of people who had it out for this film ever since it was announced to have an all woman cast. I mean, fukk, we even saw the racism peppered rage that swept predominately white forums in response to MBJ being cast as Johnny Storm over a year ago and the controversy that came from the idea of Idris as Bond. Not hard to guess the revealing of this cast would cause neckbeards across the globe to chuck their keyboards across their basements and it did.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
And maybe that's true. I haven't followed the movie that heavily, and only saw a few production stills. But all that aside, what about the people that think the movie looks lame because it doesn't feel like a Ghostbusters film in tone? Like, not at all. Maybe the response could be, "well a reboot doesn't have to feel the same as the original." In which case, I'd say, "Fine, but it should at least feel funny or cool." I watched the trailer at work with 3 other people, one that was a big Ghostbusters fan, and 2 that just fondly remember the movie but don't really care. None of the 4 of us laughed or smiled at the trailer. Not even once. 2 of these people didn't even know a new one was coming out. So are they just also hating because it's an all female cast?
it was all over the news

and to t he people that think the movie looks lime cause it dont feel like a ghostbusters movie... well that statement aint for them
its for the people who hateded the movie from jump because its an all woman cast and will find anyway to shyt on it cause of that fact

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
Nah this movies script didn't hit at all those jokes were trash nothing to do with women.
wasnt just talkng bout the trailer. was talking about the overall hate the movie had been getting
yeah the trailer was flat af and borderlined sucked but who knows i thought that trailers for spy were dumb af but that movie was hilarious

Last edited:

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching
The haters for this and Fantastic Four were to be expected. The easiest way to silence them is to make a good movie and FF failed at that, now it's GB time to try.

But yeah, it looks like Pixels.

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
The haters for this and Fantastic Four were to be expected. The easiest way to silence them is to make a good movie and FF failed at that, now it's GB time to try.

But yeah, it looks like Pixels.
F4 got more hate because it is a trash series that needs to be abandoned. There was a small pocket of racists that hated on Michael b.

Those tmnt remakes are trash too.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
F4 got more hate because it is a trash series that needs to be abandoned. There was a small pocket of racists that hated on Michael b.

Those tmnt remakes are trash too.

HEY those TMNT remakes have done what no other remake has done before....................... They gave given us Bebop and Rocksteady.
tumblr_m1lp143uRi1rso7exo1_500.gif

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
people really hate women
:snoop:

Yeah, that's why people hated Kill Bill. That's why nobody fukked with Xena: Warrior Princess.

Sigourney Weaver in the Alien franchise?
Jamie Lee Curtis in the Halloween franchise?
Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor in Terminator 1 and 2?
Pam Grier in Coffy, Foxy Brown and Jackie Brown?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
Wonder Woman?
Agent Scully?
Princess Leia?

All of that stuff has fans, "people really hate women" is an excuse.