Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

Edub

Veteran
Daps
ghostbarcast.jpeg

:usure:

Wigg and McCarthy predictable. seems like the writer watched an episode of SNL and just said "yeah sure" on the other 2

be warned, with the casting of Leslie Jones, that pretty much guarantees they wrote one of the characters to be a complete stereotype of black women
Yoooo....these dingbats just fukked up an official classic...this shyt should end their already minor careers, shyt is racist, got three white chick scientist and a black chick TOLL BOOTH WORKER...fukk outta here:camby:

And fukk these weak ass ninjas that do whatever for the bread....SNL lost because they racist, they'll NEVER win...:myman:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
She's on SNL breh. Leslie Jones. She's down with that whole cast since they're all friends so it was kind of a no brainer. Her role isn't to be "camera friendly" it's to be funny
I know funny is subjective, but Leslie jones inst funny IMO.

Anyway, the movie just looks bad. Like it either needed a stronger (younger?) cast or just be a funnier movie. Rebel Wilson easily could've been in this

Edit: would've rather seen a mixed busters crew, all these female only male only comedies are corny, the sexes can intermingle.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
majority of the hate this movie is getting is because its an all woman cast
its been like that before the trailer even came out
I disagree. This movie looks like an awful reboot. The first Ghostbusters is all dry humor. They didn't try to force all this different streotypical roles into everything. Ernie Hudson wasn't "the loud black guy" rather he was just one of the guys. They had entire jokes about just mortgage payments. The whole thing is they were friends. They had real chemistry between them.

This movie is going to fall back on Melissa Mcarthy for the slapstick and the lady from SNL for the streotypical loud black woman gags. I didn't get enough of a feel for the other 2 characters yet, but people are hating on this movie because it's billed as a sequel in the trailer, yet it all just seems like a pumped up CGI but total ripoff/cheap reboot of the events of the first movie.

Look, there;s a lot of sexism out there, and there may be some people hating on this movie because of the female cast. But there are a lot of people hating just because the comedy drama is in the shyts, they're tired of lame reboots, and they're tired of classic franchises getting rebooted in boring and unimaginative ways.

The original Ghostbusters was so unique in tone. It straddled the line between dry comedy and genuine horror, and even Dan Akyroyd wanted it to be a straight up horror flick. Turning it into a cheeseball slapstick comedy with gross out gags with the "hot at the moment" female comic actors is so transparent. I didn't even follow this new movie at all besides checking out one still picture before this trailer came out, and I have an open mind, and that was one of the most try-hard trailers I've ever seen.

I'll give the movie a shot, but I have to keep it a buck and say the trailer was a dumpster fire.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
majority of the hate this movie is getting is because its an all woman cast
its been like that before the trailer even came out

You fukking serious right now??? :dahell: Trailer looked fukking trash, does nothing to help them for butchering a classic...:stopitslime: Its not the all female crew...