Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

DaylitoJames

#SnitchGang Elite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sneak Nation
This movie is an ABOMINATION to the original series.... :ufdup::pacspit: they keep fukking up the classics to make a little blatant cash grabs on our nostalgia and childhood.

I would applaud the trailer if what they shown me could surpass the original series but thus far it has not... :mindblown::ufdup:

:snoop:I'm so tired of this shyt... Remember when they was gonna remake the crow with bradley cooper???:mjpls::bryan:

You see why I'm so pissed off not because of the all female aspect it's because hollywood has no respect for the Original material. This would have made more sense if they got the OG team back together and made the girls be related to them in some form. a passing of the torch if you will. But no... :snoop:
:wtf:The Crow with Bradley Cooper?! They serious was about to do this?! :wtf:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
:wtf:The Crow with Bradley Cooper?! They serious was about to do this?! :wtf:
5658422343630848.png

Nikkas thought i was joking?!!?:francis::pachaha:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Maybe for you it is, but not for most of the people saying its the worst thing they've ever seen, etc. Those type of outlandish comments dont come from a place of fair criticism.

I thought the trailer was decent, bit too much slapstick for my tastes but Im sure it'll be funny. The trailer was a pretty normal reboot-type trailer to me...not great like Force Awakens but not terrible like Robocop/TMNT. It was better than the BvS trailers except the last one. Yet this has unprecedented hate/thumbs down/"controversy"

They were clearly trying to pay homage to the chars of the original w/ LJones in the Winston role, and yeah they could've done a better job switching that up. But lets be honest, if they had made her a scientist and one of the white women subbed in as the non-scientific everywoman, MOST of the people complaining about this would hate it even more and complain about that switch as another PC Lib agenda move just like the female cast itself. I mean lets keep it a hundred, thats what this is.

:dwillhuh:

Cacs might, but I'd personally be :blessed:

The racism is definitely the worst thing about this movie.

Like, if they had remade this with 4 dudes, and cast Kevin Hart as an ex-barbershop employee who "knows New York" or some shyt, I'd be just as mad.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
I missed the part in Ghostbusters where Ray gets possessed by a ghost and his neck spins around in a slapstick way and Winston has to comedically slap the possession out of him. :comeon:

If anything it seems like it strays too far and doesnt have the serious/scary/deadpan tone of the original, which is another criticism Ive heard that is actually legit. Its anything but a "frame-by-frame remake."

Frame by Frame remake with the exception of worse comedic beats by bad, just to clarify

BlackSexyllence

Yeah No
Daps
look can anyone provide me with a working link to the 1984 original. I can't find one for shyt