Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

Lord Beasley

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
469 x 972 x 702
:snoop:

Yeah, that's why people hated Kill Bill. That's why nobody fukked with Xena: Warrior Princess.

Sigourney Weaver in the Alien franchise?
Jamie Lee Curtis in the Halloween franchise?
Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor in Terminator 1 and 2?
Pam Grier in Coffy, Foxy Brown and Jackie Brown?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
Wonder Woman?
Agent Scully?
Princess Leia?

All of that stuff has fans, "people really hate women" is an excuse.
:salute: #factsonly

That locker room outcast is out of line

Apollo

Music & Arts
Daps
Reppin
Nootropics
Watching the trailer again and that possession scene is cringeworthy, it looks like it belongs in Scary movie 2, that is the vibe I am getting from this whole thing as being a spoof of Ghostbusters.:scust:

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the low end. southside chi
:snoop:

Yeah, that's why people hated Kill Bill. That's why nobody fukked with Xena: Warrior Princess.

Sigourney Weaver in the Alien franchise?
Jamie Lee Curtis in the Halloween franchise?
Linda Hamilton as Sarah Connor in Terminator 1 and 2?
Pam Grier in Coffy, Foxy Brown and Jackie Brown?
Buffy the Vampire Slayer?
Wonder Woman?
Agent Scully?
Princess Leia?

All of that stuff has fans, "people really hate women" is an excuse.
I guess i just made that all up when this movie was first announced it was getting shat on cause of the all woman cast. I mean, it's not like it wasnt a big news story or anything

Or the excessive misogynistic comments on the official trailer page

Shadow

Enjoy your life and loved ones.
Daps
I guess i just made that all up when this movie was first announced it was getting shat on cause of the all woman cast. I mean, it's not like it wasnt a big news story or anything

Or the excessive misogynistic comments on the official trailer page
Probably because it was random as fukk.

I think it was fans of the original who didn't want a remake by just inserting women in the film. It just feels lazy, instead of just creating something new for the women to star in they just insert them into a pre-existing franchise which already has a fanbase. This also came close to the news of an all female Ocean's 11. It's random as hell, just come up with a movie idea for the women to take center stage.

I love strong female characters. It felt like an agenda being pushed to many people. Those people don't necessarily 'hate' women.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Probably because it was random as fukk.

I think it was fans of the original who didn't want a remake by just inserting women in the film. It just feels lazy, instead of just creating something new for the women to star in they just insert them into a pre-existing franchise which already has a fanbase. This also came close to the news of an all female Ocean's 11. It's random as hell, just come up with a movie idea for the women to take center stage.

I love strong female characters. It felt like an agenda being pushed to many people. Those people don't necessarily 'hate' women.
Idk bout that

Don't think it's lazy at all if they wanna remake oveans the with like an all female cast
Ocean's 11 was already a remake

We remade the wizard of Oz and the wiz is >>>>>>> wizard of oz

SAJ!!

Straight Shooter
Supporter
Daps
Yoooo....these dingbats just fukked up an official classic...this shyt should end their already minor careers, shyt is racist, got three white chick scientist and a black chick TOLL BOOTH WORKER...fukk outta here:camby:

And fukk these weak ass ninjas that do whatever for the bread....SNL lost because they racist, they'll NEVER win...:myman:
Lorne Michaels does not understand black humor.

Never has.
Never had.
Never will.

SNL deserves to lose. Eddie Murphy saved that show anyway.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Lorne Michaels does not understand black humor.

Never has.
Never had.
Never will.

SNL deserves to lose. Eddie Murphy saved that show anyway.
I think Eddie got to write his own sketches

Cause Chris Rock one of the funniest dudes on the planet and his shyt wasn't funny on snl
But he was slaying it on the Chris Rock show

Shadow

Daps
Idk bout that

Don't think it's lazy at all if they wanna remake oveans the with like an all female cast
Ocean's 11 was already a remake

We remade the wizard of Oz and the wiz is >>>>>>> wizard of oz
I know the Clooney Ocean's was a remake too. The roles in The Wiz were mostly the same though right? Sex wise.

It wasn't something random like making Dorthy a boy.

It feels lazy to me because I'd rather they make good roles for females instead of just throwing them into *insert movie here* in replacement of the male roles. I think people felt like it was an agenda being pushed.

I want good female roles but I don't want them to just replace males with females. Come up with good material for the females. Create their own franchise of ghost hunters, be a little more creative than "The Ghostbusters are all women."

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
I know the Clooney Ocean's was a remake too. The roles in The Wiz were mostly the same though right? Sex wise.

It wasn't something random like making Dorthy a boy.

It feels lazy to me because I'd rather they make good roles for females instead of just throwing them into *insert movie here* in replacement of the male roles. I think people felt like it was an agenda being pushed.

I want good female roles but I don't want them to just replace males with females. Come up with good material for the females. Create their own franchise of ghost hunters, be a little more creative than "The Ghostbusters are all women."
Changing the race is the same as changing the sex of a character

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Yoooo....these dingbats just fukked up an official classic...this shyt should end their already minor careers, shyt is racist, got three white chick scientist and a black chick TOLL BOOTH WORKER...fukk outta here:camby:

And fukk these weak ass ninjas that do whatever for the bread....SNL lost because they racist, they'll NEVER win...:myman:

Ehhh. fukk Leslie Jones though. :manny:

Shadow

Daps
Changing the race is the same as changing the sex of a character
:patrice:Is it though?

James Bond could be black and still be James Bond.
Hercules could be black and still be Hercules.

I think by changing the sex of the character in some circumstances it messes up the dynamic the preexisting character already has.

I don't want it to be an "either or" situation. I want Hercules and Xena. I want Hulk and She-Hulk. I don't want one sex to replace the other in a show/movie, I want both sexes to be written well.

Notorious 1 E.Y.E.

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
:patrice:Is it though?

James Bond could be black and still be James Bond.
Hercules could be black and still be Hercules.

I think by changing the sex of the character in some circumstances it messes up the dynamic the preexisting character already has.

I don't want it to be an "either or" situation. I want Hercules and Xena. I want Hulk and She-Hulk. I don't want one sex to replace the other in a show/movie, I want both sexes to be written well.

Why can't a woman be James bond ?
They made thor a woman

Shadow

Daps
Why can't a woman be James bond ?
They made thor a woman
My thing is why not just make a spy series staring a woman instead? I don't want a woman to take over a role written for a guy and vice versa. I'd rather women have their own character who was written to be a woman originally.

I want people to be more creative than "Okay lets do another James Bond...this time James Bond is a woman."

An all female cast shouldn't feel like a gimmick.