Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

Wargames

One Of The Last Real Ones To Do It
Daps
Reppin
New York City
:scust: At that whole trailer and Jesus of course the black woman had to act like that while the white women are congratulating each other for being geniuses and PHD's..... We're looking at a fantastic four flop here boys and it deserves it.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I dont hate women so Im having trouble understanding the outrage

I love women.

In fact I'm a fan of these women individually. Melissa Mcarthy is dope as fukk, she killed spy. Leslie Jones is dope comedian that's been around forever putting in work and I"m happy to see her eat. Kristen Wig is dope, she done some legendary shyt on SNL and the other lady has some cool bits on there now. So it ain't about them, or women...it's about the movie, or at least what I've seen/know about it.

But the lines are horrible. The effects are kinda wack as well. They don't seem to have chemistry and with no connection to the original, it may sound nitpicky but wtf...And they def got Leslie looking like a stereotype but like I said I'm happy to see her being put on.

They played Winston in the original, he was supposed to have more screen time and not just be nikka who showed up, but they doing her even worse IMO.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
:ohhh:

Bill Murray, Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, and Sigourney Weaver all have cameos in the movie. Aykroyd confirmed a cameo appearance on his facebook and Twitter pages, although the post was later deleted. Hudson and Weaver's cameos were confirmed by director Paul Feig on Twitter, after the first two cameos leaked to the press. Rick Moranis was also offered a chance to cameo, but declined.
98 of 103 found this interesting | Share this
In an October 2015 Entertainment Weekly article, Dan Aykroyd confirmed that the film's cameo appearances by the original cast have them playing different characters. This is in line with director / co-writer Paul Feig's comments before filming, in which he stated that he did not want to make a film in a universe where people were already used to seeing ghosts (such as the "original" Ghostbusters (1984) timeline).

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
So it ain't about them, or women...it's about the movie, or at least what I've seen/know about it.
Maybe for you it is, but not for most of the people saying its the worst thing they've ever seen, etc. Those type of outlandish comments dont come from a place of fair criticism.

I thought the trailer was decent, bit too much slapstick for my tastes but Im sure it'll be funny. The trailer was a pretty normal reboot-type trailer to me...not great like Force Awakens but not terrible like Robocop/TMNT. It was better than the BvS trailers except the last one. Yet this has unprecedented hate/thumbs down/"controversy"

They were clearly trying to pay homage to the chars of the original w/ LJones in the Winston role, and yeah they could've done a better job switching that up. But lets be honest, if they had made her a scientist and one of the white women subbed in as the non-scientific everywoman, MOST of the people complaining about this would hate it even more and complain about that switch as another PC Lib agenda move just like the female cast itself. I mean lets keep it a hundred, thats what this is.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
The issue isnt that its a women led cast, that should be dope.

The problem is it seems like a lazy frame by frame remake which just genders reversed

Jx2

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

56db1d511500002a000b141f.jpg

She seems mad that people are calling a spade a spade

Conz

Superstar
Daps
Leslie Jones's entire schtick is she's the loud black woman, why get mad when people point that out? we knew from the day she was cast that character would be along those lines, the fukk were people expecting, her to play a British princess and Chris Hemsworth's love interest?

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Maybe for you it is, but not for most of the people saying its the worst thing they've ever seen, etc. Those type of outlandish comments dont come from a place of fair criticism.

I thought the trailer was decent, bit too much slapstick for my tastes but Im sure it'll be funny. The trailer was a pretty normal reboot-type trailer to me...not great like Force Awakens but not terrible like Robocop/TMNT. It was better than the BvS trailers except the last one. Yet this has unprecedented hate/thumbs down/"controversy"

They were clearly trying to pay homage to the chars of the original w/ LJones in the Winston role, and yeah they could've done a better job switching that up. But lets be honest, if they had made her a scientist and one of the white women subbed in as the non-scientific everywoman, MOST of the people complaining about this would hate it even more and complain about that switch as another PC Lib agenda move just like the female cast itself. I mean lets keep it a hundred, thats what this is.

I don't hate women either and literally told one of my sisters I would take her to see this just prior to watching that horrible ass trailer. This shyt looks disrespectful to black women with how they are portrayed in comparison to white women. The fukk I look like taking my sister to see that shyt.
:dahell:

All the women involved in this have done great films/projects but outside of Wig I don't think this was the right vehicle for any of them. It just looks horrible and I'm offended at you assuming me having good movie taste means I hate women.

:rudy:

Having paid attention to this film from conception to now it made every mistake it could from start to end. Pointing fingers at people and saying "your hating just to hate" is some bullshyt. The studio should of made a better movie because they knew people didn't want this to succeed to begin with.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
I don't hate women either and literally told one of my sisters I would take her to see this just prior to watching that horrible ass trailer. This shyt looks disrespectful to black women with how they are portrayed in comparison to white women. The fukk I look like taking my sister to see that shyt.
:dahell:

All the women involved in this have done great films/projects but outside of Wig I don't think this was the right vehicle for any of them. It just looks horrible and I'm offended at you assuming me having good movie taste means I hate women.

:rudy:

Having paid attention to this film from conception to now it made every mistake it could from start to end. Pointing fingers at people and saying "your hating just to hate" is some bullshyt. The studio should of made a better movie because they knew people didn't want this to succeed to begin with.
Please list all the mistakes the film has made from conception to now, since you've been paying attention. Having the original film's director involved as a producer on set? Hiring SNL alumni like the original? Paying homage with little wink-wink references to the original like every sequel/reboot does? Please explain to me because you can act indignant and say its not because of the gender swap all you want, but make no mistake that that IS by far the #1 reason for the unprecedented backlash from the majority of these neckbeards, and you're standing right there alongside them cosigning.

"They should've made a better movie" - Again, this is not unbiased analysis. You have no idea about the quality of the movie until you see it.

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
The issue isnt that its a women led cast, that should be dope.

The problem is it seems like a lazy frame by frame remake which just genders reversed
I missed the part in Ghostbusters where Ray gets possessed by a ghost and his neck spins around in a slapstick way and Winston has to comedically slap the possession out of him. :comeon:

If anything it seems like it strays too far and doesnt have the serious/scary/deadpan tone of the original, which is another criticism Ive heard that is actually legit. Its anything but a "frame-by-frame remake."

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I missed the part in Ghostbusters where Ray gets possessed by a ghost and his neck spins around in a slapstick way and Winston has to comedically slap the possession out of him. :comeon:

If anything it seems like it strays too far and doesnt have the serious/scary/deadpan tone of the original, which is another criticism Ive heard that is actually legit. Its anything but a "frame-by-frame remake."
Why are you caping for this movie so fukking hard tho.... :what: :mindblown:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Why are you caping for this movie so fukking hard tho.... :what: :mindblown:
Ive posted my thoughts, I said it seemed ok, not great, have some concerns. It only seems to you like Im going hard for it because Im not going with the bandwagon of violently shytting on it for dubious reasons. Clarifying simple matters of fact is not caping.

Wargames

Daps
Reppin
New York City
Please list all the mistakes the film has made from conception to now, since you've been paying attention. Having the original film's director involved as a producer on set? Hiring SNL alumni like the original? Paying homage with little wink-wink references to the original like every sequel/reboot does? Please explain to me because you can act indignant and say its not because of the gender swap all you want, but make no mistake that that IS by far the #1 reason for the unprecedented backlash from the majority of these neckbeards, and you're standing right there alongside them cosigning.

"They should've made a better movie" - Again, this is not unbiased analysis. You have no idea about the quality of the movie until you see it.

First major mistake, no real PR campaign for something that is damn near made for silly/spooky stuff. They had the stars visiting sick kids in hospitals out of the blue and not for nothing ghostbusters visiting a hospital full of sick children near death is sort of tone death at best. So when people pointed it out they said "your sexist Iron man does it!"

Add to that releasing this in July like its a summer blockbuster when they should of released it in October to get Halloween money.

You said it yourself about how they missed the "the serious/scary/deadpan tone of the original" in spite the original director working as a producer (which to me always sounded like a hey "we're trying" decision). Disconnecting it from the main universe because its not like all the money making films are using continuity.

Also having the originals in it as easter eggs but then not having them in their main roles and that leaking to the press so the surprise is gone,

We now can add bag CGI, and stereotypes (cause Winston might of been cut down to a speck of a role but at least he was the "normal down to earth one" not the "loud black stereotype one") to it.

I haven't heard a smart decision except casting wig who showed she could lead a female ensemble. McCarthy I was on the line on since I thought she could of been the slapstick one and it looks like they try to throw that in with the possession but even that didn't look funny. Like to me it seemed they wanted to get Women viewers to go see this, but its also clear they wanted to have the fans of the orignal like it as well. A smarter movie would of had a female lead a team of multi gender and races instead of trying to be a female gimmick and accuse fans of hating women. Then to always accuse anyone who questioned any move being made on the film as Sexist was the worse move at all. This film needed fan support and its probably gonna be actively avoided by fans at this point.

Last edited:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Ive posted my thoughts, I said it seemed ok, not great, have some concerns. It only seems to you like Im going hard for it because Im not going with the bandwagon of violently shytting on it for dubious reasons. Clarifying simple matters of fact is not caping.

This movie is an ABOMINATION to the original series.... :ufdup::pacspit: they keep fukking up the classics to make a little blatant cash grabs on our nostalgia and childhood.

I would applaud the trailer if what they shown me could surpass the original series but thus far it has not... :mindblown::ufdup:

:snoop:I'm so tired of this shyt... Remember when they was gonna remake the crow with bradley cooper???:mjpls::bryan:

You see why I'm so pissed off not because of the all female aspect it's because hollywood has no respect for the Original material. This would have made more sense if they got the OG team back together and made the girls be related to them in some form. a passing of the torch if you will. But no... :snoop: