Official Ghostbusters (2016) Thread

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
So i guess you won't torrent then:mjlol:
Lol.

Honestly though...the media is going to be dying to give this the benefit of the doubt. And not just because of the feminist/social justice aspect either. Sony is basically trying to kickstart a "Ghostbusters Cinematic Universe" so they have a lot riding on this.

Lots of people need or want this to succeed....

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Obviously she's trying to take off in Hollywood and make the dollars so can't expect her to be honest about the system and bite the hand that feeds.

Also, that user she responded to in the first two tweets was a fan who said she was going to support the film and her, but she did have reservations about the way the character is portrayed. Leslie just snapped on her unnecessarily. I hate when celebs attack the fans who have good intentions and mean well. Not a good look.

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Should have had the new young ghostbusters team.... With the OG team as the mentors!!!! :stopitslime:

extreme_ghostbusters.jpg

Ninjaz In Paris

ehyeh ašer ehyeh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Arcturus
If it had the OG's in there as Mentors I could see this movie doing decent numbers... they kinda shot themselves in the foot from this angle but I'll wait until after the reviews come out... :francis:

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
I dont hate women so Im having trouble understanding the outrage

Its not so much them, but the rebooting of a classic franchise with an ALL female crew.

Lets list my problems with it...

It looks unfunny...
The original crew had great chemistry/ amazing comedic timing this crew do not.
The trailer is supposed to wow us, i felt underwhelmed
the original is a classic this is just a money grab
the original had great special fx and visual fx for it's time this overblown with too much cgi

:yeshrug:

GoddamnyamanProf

Countdown to Armageddon
Daps
Its not so much them, but the rebooting of a classic franchise with an ALL female crew.

Lets list my problems with it...

It looks unfunny...
The original crew had great chemistry/ amazing comedic timing this crew do not.
The trailer is supposed to wow us, i felt underwhelmed
the original is a classic this is just a money grab
the original had great special fx and visual fx for it's time this overblown with too much cgi

:yeshrug:
Yeah its an all-female crew, and? Original was all men...and? Based on the outrage I thought they were gonna be screaming about female empowerment and making tampon jokes. Based on the trailer there's literally nothing pointing out that they're women other the fact they're women. Again Im confused why this would piss anyone off unless you just have a problem with women in general.

I dont know how you came to all those conclusions about the movie without seeing it...

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY
Yeah its an all-female crew, and? Original was all men...and? Based on the outrage I thought they were gonna be screaming about female empowerment and making tampon jokes. Based on the trailer there's literally nothing pointing out that they're women other the fact they're women. Again Im confused why this would piss anyone off unless you just have a problem with women in general.

I dont know how you came to all those conclusions about the movie without seeing it...

Again I'm basing all of this off the trailer, We've known this reboot was in the works for a minute. the point of a trailer is to hype me up, make me want to see this. the trailer has done NOTHING to pique my interests. and i say that with all due respect.

Fact also remains, people are kinda tired of reboots they took a classic movie series and like i said is using it as a blatant cash grab.

THE TRAILER WAS fukkING UNFUNNY AS fukk!!!!! :pacspit: