daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
He was chilling at a castle with a kid that can see past events like its notbing. After fukking over starks numerous times, he should have got the fukk out winterfell the second bran revealed his powers.

He failed the game hard
clearly he underestimated Bran's power. he seems like the type that would just think it was some kind of parlor trick, or lucky coincidence (Bran saying "chaos is a ladder"). his whole M.O. has been about getting, and manipulating, info 'the old fashion way'. Bran's power completely circumvents everything he does

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
Bran been looking high all season

C1xeEC1.png
that weirwood loud pack got him leaning. 3ER passed him the blunt, told him you about to be smacked off this indica. couch lock, you wont be able to walk, but you will fly. this shyt gonna have you thinking you a bird staring at trees all day

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Lol @ calling it safe 67 episodes in :mjlol:

This is hilarious, cuz I distinctly remember people in season 4 complaining they were overdoing it with the surprise kills, now the narrative is they're "scared".
i'm calling the story safe for the past couple seasons, and i don't care what "people" said, you're talking directly to me - one person in particular who happens to never have espoused those views. :dahell:

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps
Jamie should've been got by Drogon this season. But he has a higher purpose I can see that. He's gonna kill Cersei I believe.

The thing is if Jamie was killed by Drogon there is NO WAY that Cersei would meet with Danerys also Tyrion would never be able to convince her. Jamie couldn't be captured because he would be killed for refusing to bend the knee.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Jamie should've been got by Drogon this season. But he has a higher purpose I can see that. He's gonna kill Cersei I believe.
here's my issue, if you don't want to kill him - cuz yes, we see there is an arc they are setting up for him - don't put him in ridiculous situations and pull these magic saves. to me, that's the epitome of being safe as fukk - the magical "out" or rescue. they keep doing it to jon as well and it's like we know you're not killing him so stop with the pump fakes that don't get anyone but the most basic viewer to blink an eye :camby:

Daps
i'm calling the story safe for the past couple seasons, and i don't care what "people" said, you're talking directly to me - one person in particular who happens to never have espoused those views. :dahell:

The story ain't a 'couple seasons' long tho so that's silly. They're telling a story. Shows get scared to kill off certain characters when they feel the need to keep people around to keep the show good as they continue writing it. D&D has known the endgame for this show for a long time now. It wasn't fear that kept Cersei alive through this season, it was the fact that her story ain't finished.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Ain't got nothing to do with being "scared" to kill characters off...they're telling a story. How about we just let them tell it before judging?:heh:
I don't really have an issue with them not killing off main characters, it's the artificial way they keep saving them that is starting to draw attention to itself. The fake out almost deaths.

Like, being dumb used to mean a death sentence on this show, but the consequences for being dumb or making a mistake don't always manifest anymore. As much as I would have hated it, I still feel like Bron should have died in Spoils of War when he chose to be heroic instead of running off.

I get that they aren't going to kill Arya or Jaimie, for instance, but that doesn't excuse having Arya get poked up in a really stupid death fake out at the end of an episode, or Jaimie floating in a river about to drown after being last minute saved by Bron.

Joanna from the Game of Throne podcasts laid the argument out better than I can, as I was pretty much about to summarize her points.

---------

Our most important heroes are again and again put into death-defying positions only to have them . . . defy death. This happened twice to Jon Snow in last season’s “Battle of the b*stards.”

99y39or.gif

And to Arya after multiple and terrible stab wounds to the gut in “The Broken Man.”

arya-walk.gif

And again to Jaime Lannister in this year’s “Spoils of War.”

jaime-tilt.gif

When giving interviews about the battle between Bronn/Jaime and Daenerys/Drogon, showrunners Weiss and Benioff proudly pointed out that they had arranged a showdown (between Jaime and Daenerys) where viewers would be upset if someone on either side died. But that kind of tension feels cheap if neither side actually suffers. Jaime wasn’t captured or even singed for his troubles. And, no, we won’t count the death of dikkon Tarly as a major loss in that battle when people weren’t even sure what his name was for most of the season.

That brings us to tonight’s episode where, again and again, heroes whom the show had no intention of killing off were put in impossible-to-escape situations. Whether it was Tormund buried in wights. . .

tormund-drag.gif

. . .or Jorah dangling off the side of Drogon.

jorah-fall.gif

The most egregious of all, again, was Jon Snow, who seemed to drown in an icy lake being pulled down by an army of wights. Even the King in the North couldn’t seem to believe his luck when, once again, he defied all odds and, with zero explanation as to how, emerged unscathed.

jon-survives.gif

But unbelievable survival seems to be the new world order on Game of Thrones, where we would surprised if a battle episode didn’t end in a deus ex machina like the Knights of the Vale, a lunging Bronn, Daenerys and her dragons, or Benjen and his fiery flail. Instead, in this episode, it was up to the red shirts (a.k.a. the unnamed wildlings) joining Jon on this foolish quest to make up the “good guy” body count. The fact that every single one of them died this week is unsurprising but also very boring storytelling.

redshirt.gif

If Jon Snow is basically unkillable at this point, then the show needs to stop pretending it might off him and start killing off other major characters in the meantime.

Game of Thrones Really Needs to Start Killing off Its Heroes Again

Last edited:
Daps
I don't really have an issue with them not killing off main characters, it's the artificial way they keep saving them that is starting to draw attention to itself. Like, being dumb used to mean a death sentence on this show, but the consequences for being dumb or making a mistake don't always manifest anymore. As much as I would have hated it, I still feel like Bron should have died in Spoils of War when he chose to be heroic instead of running off.

Joanna from the Game of Throne podcasts laid the argument out better than I can, as I was pretty much about to summarize her points.

---------

Our most important heroes are again and again put into death-defying positions only to have them . . . defy death. This happened twice to Jon Snow in last season’s “Battle of the b*stards.”
jon-snow-b*stards.gif

And to Arya after multiple and terrible stab wounds to the gut in “The Broken Man.”

arya-walk.gif

jaime-tilt.gif

When giving interviews about the battle between Bronn/Jaime and Daenerys/Drogon, showrunners Weiss and Benioff proudly pointed out that they had arranged a showdown (between Jaime and Daenerys) where viewers would be upset if someone on either side died. But that kind of tension feels cheap if neither side actually suffers. Jaime wasn’t captured or even singed for his troubles. And, no, we won’t count the death of dikkon Tarly as a major loss in that battle when people weren’t even sure what his name was for most of the season.

dikkon.gif

That brings us to tonight’s episode where, again and again, heroes whom the show had no intention of killing off were put in impossible-to-escape situations. Whether it was Tormund buried in wights. . .

tormund-drag.gif

jorah-fall.gif

The most egregious of all, again, was Jon Snow, who seemed to drown in an icy lake being pulled down by an army of wights. Even the King in the North couldn’t seem to believe his luck when, once again, he defied all odds and, with zero explanation as to how, emerged unscathed.

jon-survives.gif

But unbelievable survival seems to be the new world order on Game of Thrones, where we would surprised if a battle episode didn’t end in a deus ex machina like the Knights of the Vale, a lunging Bronn, Daenerys and her dragons, or Benjen and his fiery flail. Instead, in this episode, it was up to the red shirts (a.k.a. the unnamed wildlings) joining Jon on this foolish quest to make up the “good guy” body count. The fact that every single one of them died this week is unsurprising but also very boring storytelling.

redshirt.gif

If Jon Snow is basically unkillable at this point, then the show needs to stop pretending it might off him and start killing off other major characters in the meantime.

They have drawn on that trope a lot recently, I agree and have pointed it out myself.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
The story ain't a 'couple seasons' long tho so that's silly. They're telling a story. Shows get scared to kill off certain characters when they feel the need to keep people around to keep the show good as they continue writing it. D&D has known the endgame for this show for a long time now. It wasn't fear that kept Cersei alive through this season, it was the fact that her story ain't finished.
and i pretty much stated that in my second reply about this topic...so why are you still going back and forth with me?

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I think season 8 is the battle and the history of the Stark’s who I believe is tied to White Walkers and magic. This shyt will end when the entire family dies.

MAGNETO.

#STARKSET #LEMONCAKEGANG #NYGBIGBLUE
Daps
Reppin
NY FOOTBALL GIANTS. #STARKSET
that weirwood loud pack got him leaning. 3ER passed him the blunt, told him you about to be smacked off this indica. couch lock, you wont be able to walk, but you will fly. this shyt gonna have you thinking you a bird staring at trees all day

:laff:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
The thing is if Jamie was killed by Drogon there is NO WAY that Cersei would meet with Danerys also Tyrion would never be able to convince her. Jamie couldn't be captured because he would be killed for refusing to bend the knee.
then don't put him in a situation where he has to swim 500 yards underwater with armor on

I mean this dude just came close to killing Dany, got saved by someone else, and went into the water right there. Drogon should have dipped his head in and fished him out. no one thought to see if they came up, or look for their bodies?

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I don't really have an issue with them not killing off main characters, it's the artificial way they keep saving them that is starting to draw attention to itself. The fake out almost deaths.

Like, being dumb used to mean a death sentence on this show, but the consequences for being dumb or making a mistake don't always manifest anymore. As much as I would have hated it, I still feel like Bron should have died in Spoils of War when he chose to be heroic instead of running off.

I get that they aren't going to kill Arya or Jaimie, for instance, but that doesn't excuse having Arya get poked up in a really stupid death fake out at the end of an episode, or Jaimie floating in a river about to drown after being last minute saved by Bron.

---------

99y39or.gif

arya-walk.gif

jaime-tilt.gif

tormund-drag.gif

jorah-fall.gif

jon-survives.gif

redshirt.gif

Game of Thrones Really Needs to Start Killing off Its Heroes Again
bingo....that's all i'm calling out with them being safe. either pull the trigger or don't do it.