Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
- book readers, can yall explain why rhaegar had to name his son aegon? what's the significance of this name

-anyone know what hound was alluding to by telling mountain he know what'ts coming to him? is there some prophecy about them/this?

I think there is some prophecy about that name. Which is why he named both his kids that. I might be mis-remembering.

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
- book readers, can yall explain why rhaegar had to name his son aegon? what's the significance of this name

-anyone know what hound was alluding to by telling mountain he know what'ts coming to him? is there some prophecy about them/this?
It's the hound saying he's not afraid of his brother anymore and probably gonna burn his face off like the mountain did to him

OmegaZero

Zero
Daps
When the Night King called out his Kyurem and made him use Ice beam on the wall, I was like :whew:
tumblr_onapubGWtL1tgjlm2o1_500.gif

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Targ Set, including Jon, we probably had the biggest fukk up in the series :dead:
nah nah nah, you heard what SnowMan told reek, yeah your names Greyjoy but STARKS raised you, you're STARKSET now and forever:banderas:

It wasn't a Targ that kept SnowMan safe from the world at birth and held a life altering secret, it was uncle Ned. It wasn't a Targ that came through when the Boltons had him beat, it was the Vale via cousin Sansa. It wasn't no damn dragon that saved Jon when death was staring him in the eye, it was uncle Benjen.

We don't acknowledge that Aegon name, it's Jon Snow of House Stark King in the North, STARKSET till we die :pacspit:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal

he thought it was a name fit for w king. we still don't know jon's name in the books and "aegon" that was killed by the mountain is possibly still alive.

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
The depths of twisting and backtracking people will go through in order to complain about this show year after year is amazing. Ever since the show first aired you had tons of book readers shytting on it saying the writing was awful, the changes make the story unrecognizable, and they refuse to continue watching. Now those same people are saying this season sucks and doesn't compare to the "masterful writing and storytelling" on display in the first two seasons.

Hold up so when the first two seasons aired they were trash and you would quit watching the show, but now they are masterpieces and the reason you kept watching the show and NOW the show is trash.

Some people just have such a meager existence they have to watch a show they clearly don't like just so they can have something to talk about on a message board.
It's also an invalid argument because season 6 was not based on a book and it is arguably the best season along with s4. You had nerds calculating the flight time of ravens this season to find something to complain about.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps

Rhaegar was all caught up in the prophecy of "The Prince That Was Promised". the story was that he was basically a nerdy bookworm, but one day he read something and decided he needed to be a warrior. at one point it was thought that he was said prince. then one of his children. the quote "the dragon has three heads" came up a lot, and he thought he needed three children. after Elia had their second child, the maesters told Elia she couldn't have any more children. but Rhaegar still thought he needed that third child to fulfill the prophesy

I'm not sure how exactly this ties into him naming two of his kids "Aegon" though. maybe he thought that was the name for the PTWP, but he miscalculated with the first Aegon

I assume it means Cleganebowl. The Hound always been salty about his brother burning him. he was always on that "fukk a knight"/"I'm no 'ser'" shyt, and I think a lot of that had to do with his brother