southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Funny, the only show that was consistently GOAT level for 95% of its run was Lost. And it aint mentioned at all.

There is no scorecard.

LOST was complete trash after season 5. Fans wasted years on theories that the show didn't even care to explain. More importantly that series finale was the WOAT. We invested all that time just to find out that they were in purgatory...they really thought that that was a good reveal. It's soooo cliche & im still highly annoyed by the time I wasted watching that show!!!

i didn't say goat level, i meant undisputed goat. I've always had this show over the wire but depending on how these last episodes go i might have to reconsider.

and lost ain't mentioned because that ending was garbage. :yeshrug: That's what we're afraid of

Exactly. That's the main reason why I hate the Jon/Dany love story. That is the equivalent of that shytty LOST finale. If that is the end all, be all, this show is automatically out of any GOAT conversation.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey

Only read the first few paragraphs but yea I figured this kinda theory over the Bran = Night King one. That "First Man" they turned into NK was either a greenseer or, because he was bound to the the giant weirwood tree, the 3ER powers were somehow superimposed into him during the "sacrifice." 3ER and NK are the only ones that can interact with Bran while dreaming. Jojen couldn't

There's a mindfukk here that needs to deliver in a big way. Hope this is the 3rd "wow" moment D&D said Martin shared with them.

Edit:

Wait a minute :dahell:

If NK was at the same location the Magnificent 7 was at during Bran's recon trip, how the hell all them wights not cave the lake in?

I'm in line with the premise of that link's speculation, but that ain't the best example :pachaha:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
LOST was complete trash after season 5. Fans wasted years on theories that the show didn't even care to explain. More importantly that series finale was the WOAT. We invested all that time just to find out that they were in purgatory...they really thought that that was a good reveal. It's soooo cliche & im still highly annoyed by the time I wasted watching that show!!!

Exactly. That's the main reason why I hate the Jon/Dany love story. That is the equivalent of that shytty LOST finale. If that is the end all, be all, this show is automatically out of any GOAT conversation.

This guy thinks Lost took place in purgatory:mjlol:. Might wanna marinate on that one a bit before being too critical.

But anyway....bruh I don't consider Lost part of the GOAT conversation. That was my point. 95% of the show was GOAT level and then in one fell swoop it all went to shyt and it is now not mentioned at all. Yet no other show EVER was as consistently magnificent. My point was that there is no scorecard, and only upon reflection of the whole is when it comes clear.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've been rooting for Snowman all this time but i don't like how they have handled him. It always felt like anyone could die at any moment in the GoT world so to survive this far it had to have been skill, strength, wit, and a bit of luck. Jon's survival feels cheapened by the constant plot armor he gets. He got saved at the Battle of the b*stards, resurrected from death, saved by Dany, saved by Cold Hands, fell into a freezing lake and lived, etc.

It was easy to root for him while he was the underdog but now that he's running through the game on God mode it'll feel like a story book ending if he makes it to the end alive.

Season 5 was clearly the worst season and it was all books. Let these folks tell it though it was great.

Sons of the Harpy, Aria's drawn out training, Dorne, and the embarrassing Sand Snakes fight:scust:

5917732-8059134743-giphy.gif

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Aside from everything they have rushed (and the list is long) it's worth noting that they chose to cut a lot of source material.

They chose to completely gut the Dorne politics and plotting.

They chose to completely gut the Ironborne politics and plotting.

They chose to completely gut the Riverlands world building and plotting.

They chose to completely gut the Northern Conspiracy politics and plotting.

They chose not to include a storyline from the books that affects Dany and her claim.

Some might chalk that up to them removing the fat/filler. But there was still story to tell and characters to introduce that they chose not to adapt. I guess it's up to opinion on if those decisions were for the best.
All of that stuff adds to what GRRM has called the Merenese knot and is taking so long with the books. I'm good without all of that.

Except that last season overall was the 2nd best season to date, and up until last episode S7 was still damn good.

So I'm not sure why so many panties are twisted. There is still not a more entertaining show on TV, and isn't it about entertainment?

Imagine if The Coli was popping back when The Wire was going live. I would have been going at S5 just as hard as people are going after GOT right now. Does that disquslify The Wire? Breaking Bad had only one GOAT-level season.

Funny, the only show that was consistently GOAT level for 95% of its run was Lost. And it aint mentioned at all.

There is no scorecard.
Cats seem forget about this when they say D&D are lost without Martin's writing. They forget all about show inventions. People have Hard Home as one of their top eps and that is a 100% show invention

the embarrassing Sand Snakes fight:scust:

5917732-8059134743-giphy.gif
To be fair they were only allowed to shoot at that location for 1 day.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Season 5 was clearly the worst season and it was all books. Let these folks tell it though it was great.
This ain't true. You just said that shyt just to say it:russ:

Season 5 was the first season to pass the books

There's at the most 15% book material in season 5, and that was Jon and the wildlings/death

Funny enough season 6 has more book material than season 5 does

Th3G3ntleman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This ain't true. You just said that shyt just to say it:russ:

Season 5 was the first season to pass the books

There's at the most 15% book material in season 5, and that was Jon and the wildlings/death

Funny enough season 6 has more book material than season 5 does

False, but I'm not gonna argue percentages of Books to T.V with you. It clearly had more book material than 6 or 7 and despite that it was awful compared to every other season. The whole narrative that the sacred text of Martin was the only thing holding the show afloat was/is false. Especially considering Feast and DOD kind of sucked and are filled with filler.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Only read the first few paragraphs but yea I figured this kinda theory over the Bran = Night King one. That "First Man" they turned into NK was either a greenseer or, because he was bound to the the giant weirwood tree, the 3ER powers were somehow superimposed into him during the "sacrifice." 3ER and NK are the only ones that can interact with Bran while dreaming. Jojen couldn't

There's a mindfukk here that needs to deliver in a big way. Hope this is the 3rd "wow" moment D&D said Martin shared with them.

Edit:

Wait a minute :dahell:

If NK was at the same location the Magnificent 7 was at during Bran's recon trip, how the hell all them wights not cave the lake in?

I'm in line with the premise of that link's speculation, but that ain't the best example :pachaha:
skeletons dont weigh that much, no water, fat, or muscle. they probably each weigh as much as a bulldog.
dahell2.png

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
skeletons dont weigh that much, no water, fat, or muscle. they probably each weigh as much as a bulldog.
dahell2.png

That would make sense if less than half of amount of wights didn't just cave in that lake, as opposed to the army that stood on it no problem in Brans vision. :dahell:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
False, but I'm not gonna argue percentages of Books to T.V with you. It clearly had more book material than 6 or 7 and despite that it was awful compared to every other season. The whole narrative that the sacred text of Martin was the only thing holding the show afloat was/is false. Especially considering Feast and DOD kind of sucked and are filled with filler.
I'm not arguing the narrative. I know season 5 is trash. I know season 6 is great while having majority unseen material.

You said season 5 was all books and that couldn't be further from the truth
Season 5 covers 3 major events from Dance with Dragons. The rest of that shyt is D&D.

Season 6 is majority D&D too, but has more Feast for crows material than season 5 has Dance

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I'm not gonna lie I'm enjoying the hell out of it, but this season feels like I've been trying to fukk this dime for years... snuck her number, got blocked, got a job at her place of work, killed and took her bosses face to gain her trust then convinced her on a blind date, gone to sea for 4 years in a row boat, got a second date, a lingering hand-hold.. Christmas I snuck a kiss then New Year's Eve we got fukked up on X and I was passed out fistfukking her a$$hole before the clock even struck midnight because she told me she was my fukking aunt just as I got past the last knuckle.