Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Decided to binge watch season 1 since the leak of episode 6.

A noticeable difference :wow:

I mean I love this season, but its in a I'm just having fun with it kind of way.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the episode's director on the timeline of the rescue:

‘Game of Thrones’ Director Alan Taylor Breaks Down Timeline in ‘Beyond the Wall’

essentially:

jay-z-not-the-prez-big.jpg
Basically:dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead::dead:

"Straining plausibility":deadmanny::deadmanny::deadmanny:

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I think GRRM has an ending and told D&D what he saw as an ending.. I'm positive that ice dragons were always going to come into play, he has a book titled Ice Dragon, which I've never read but it makes sense they would go there with it.

I do not think GRRM has an idea of how all the parties eventually arrive to their destinations. I doubt that's all been worked out so D&D were left with scraps and this is what we get. You can't fault D&D because they have to get this shyt done. They don't have the luxury to sit around for 6 years and do nothing like GRRM.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
I think GRRM has an ending and told D&D what he saw as an ending.. I'm positive that ice dragons were always going to come into play, he has a book titled Ice Dragon, which I've never read but it makes sense they would go there with it.
there's mentions of "ice dragons" in the books, but they're basically a different kind of dragon, and not some sort of undead dragon (afaik)

we still don't know if undead Viserion will breath fire, blue fire, or ice

usually the Night King can raise the dead by just raising his arms (maybe he doesn't even need to do that). but he turned Craster's sons into White Walkers by touching them (NOMJ). he also 'turned' Viserion by touching him. the difference is Craster's sons were still alive when they were turned. so do yall think Viserion is a White Walker Dragon or just Wight Dragon? :patrice:

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's all cuz Tommen was a p*ssy. Who was supposed to break her out without orders to break her out? She had no friends. No loyal servants. Jamie is probably the only one in the Seven Kingdoms who'd do that and he had one hand and I believe was not in the city at the time.

Nah breh I dont care how they tried to spin that storyline it was weak as shyt. I agree that Tommen's weakness was to blame in the show, but the Faith Militant did in a matter of weeks what everyone else has been trying to do for years now. They should've been building them up since at least the end of season 3 for the amount of power they attained to be believable and it could've added a much needed element of seeing commoners before that horrendous Ed Sheeran cameo.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
Aside from everything they have rushed (and the list is long) it's worth noting that they chose to cut a lot of source material.

They chose to completely gut the Dorne politics and plotting.

They chose to completely gut the Ironborne politics and plotting.

They chose to completely gut the Riverlands world building and plotting.

They chose to completely gut the Northern Conspiracy politics and plotting.

They chose not to include a storyline from the books that affects Dany and her claim.

Some might chalk that up to them removing the fat/filler. But there was still story to tell and characters to introduce that they chose not to adapt. I guess it's up to opinion on if those decisions were for the best.

Most of that is book 4 and 5 boringness. A lot of stuff in those books add characters and plot lines that really only expand a world that needs constricting at that point, it doesn't advance the plot in a meaningful direction. The Dany claim portion in particular didn't need to be included as it doesn't change the core story. The Northern Conspiracy is the same imo, a cool tidbit for fans to speculate over but isn't necessary to the core story.

The story was at its best when it was concise and focused on the core characters and story. The bloat from books 4 and 5 and trying to tie that shyt together in a neat fashion is the reason GRRM won't live to finish the series.

Last edited:
Daps
Nah breh I dont care how they tried to spin that storyline it was weak as shyt. I agree that Tommen's weakness was to blame in the show, but the Faith Militant did in a matter of weeks what everyone else has been trying to do for years now. They should've been building them up since at least the end of season 3 for the amount of power they attained to be believable and it could've added a much needed element of seeing commoners before that horrendous Ed Sheeran cameo.

The power was given to them by Cersei, tho. They were just radical nobodies until Cersei thought she could use them.

I can't believe you wanted more screen time for the faith militant. While I liked the arc, they were boring, def didn't need to see them. fukk the commoners, I don't wanna see them unless a revolution is brewing.

Lifer11

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The power was given to them by Cersei, tho. They were just radical nobodies until Cersei thought she could use them.

I can't believe you wanted more screen time for the faith militant. While I liked the arc, they were boring, def didn't need to see them. fukk the commoners, I don't wanna see them unless a revolution is brewing.

I didn't want more screen time for them as written, but for the amount of the story that they took up in season 5 there should've been much more development, not just Cersei giving them weapons and an episode later they've conquered King's Landing that's complete bullshyt. That and Dorne were the only other glaringly weak storylines until this atrocious capture a wight idea.

And the Faith Militant WAS a revolution brewing that's my whole point it would've been dope to see that develop over a few seasons. From the time they threw mud at Joffrey it could've slowly built up.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
next season gotta be pure fire every episode for this to still have a chance at that goat spot.
:manny:
Except that last season overall was the 2nd best season to date, and up until last episode S7 was still damn good.

So I'm not sure why so many panties are twisted. There is still not a more entertaining show on TV, and isn't it about entertainment?

Imagine if The Coli was popping back when The Wire was going live. I would have been going at S5 just as hard as people are going after GOT right now. Does that disquslify The Wire? Breaking Bad had only one GOAT-level season.

Funny, the only show that was consistently GOAT level for 95% of its run was Lost. And it aint mentioned at all.

There is no scorecard.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
there's mentions of "ice dragons" in the books, but they're basically a different kind of dragon, and not some sort of undead dragon (afaik)

we still don't know if undead Viserion will breath fire, blue fire, or ice

usually the Night King can raise the dead by just raising his arms (maybe he doesn't even need to do that). but he turned Craster's sons into White Walkers by touching them (NOMJ). he also 'turned' Viserion by touching him. the difference is Craster's sons were still alive when they were turned. so do yall think Viserion is a White Walker Dragon or just Wight Dragon? :patrice:
Ice Dragons have not been explained in the books, however GRRM has a story called "The Ice Dragon" in which they are indeed made of ice and freeze everything with frozen breath. Its his best short story IMO and I would highly recommend reading it.

It has been confirmed that that story is NOT in the ASOIAF universe though, so he can still do whatever he wants.

I am 90% sure that what we will be getting in the show will not be the same as what eventually shows up in ASOIAF though. I saw an interview with the special effects supervisor and he mentioned having D&D change the dragon due to difficulty in doing the effects. My educated guess is that they wanted a full on Ice Dragon but he convinced them to change it to a wight.

But who knows:yeshrug:

Last edited: