Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Yeah, exactly. And it wouldn't even take 20 years. People figured out Walt poisoned Brock in "Breaking Bad" before it was revealed. People figured out a major "Mr. Robot" season 2 plot point before it was revealed....people figured out the "Westworld" twist before it was revealed. The only way to avoid that is to stay away from any show discussions on the 'net.

Fred.

Glad I got to binge Westworld with no time to discuss online. Those twist and turns with no expectations were :ohlawd:

Same thing with Breaking Bad actually. Damn I may have to stop choppin it up with yall :pachaha:

The internet is def ruining things in this regard

On one hand its good that people are using their brains, on the other everybody ends up spoiling and exhausting themselves.

R + L=J is a great example. Nikkas been talking about/deducing an ice dragon for years so when it happens you're excited, but ultimately are like :yeshrug:

Still, predictable events are excused when the delivery is on point. It's the lazy approach thats :francis:

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
:dahell:

Well then this is confusing as fukk to me because there's no reason to shorten the seasons. They could've gotten new show runners for 2-3 more seasons. Granted, it's possible the show might've fallen off for other reasons in season 8, 9, or 10 but as of right now ending it in 13 episodes doesn't seem like a good idea.

Fred.

It's most likely that GRRM didn't leave them much to work with for the final seasons so someone would essentially have to craft pure filler stories in between what actually happens and they weren't interested in that. GRRM has already admitted to seeing how the audience reacts to certain events in the show so he would know if he needs to change something so you know he didn't give them detailed notes on what actually will happen because he doesn't know his damn self.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Because (presumably) they don't have enough men to hold Eastwatch. They don't have enough men to hold off the White Walkers anywhere, which is why they need the support of King's Landing.

the thing that doesn't get talked about is how the undead are gonna make it past the wall (a physical and magical barrier). as show watchers, we have some clues dealing with Bran's "mark", but I don't know if that will be a factor (they haven't really alluded to it since it happened). and of course now they have a fukking dragon, but that's the fault of this stupid 'capture a wight' plan

from their perspective, the wall should be the strongest defensive position. according to legend, it was built to keep the White Walkers out. it definitely should be better than trying to meet them in the open field, or being held up in a conventional castle

now perhaps part of the plan was to convince Dany of the threat. but it's like she didn't want to see for herself, then Jon/Gendry sends a raven, and she goes to see for herself. seems like they could have just cut to the chase, but whatever

anyway at this point she does know (cost a dragon), and commits to fighting the Night King. but they still head south to convince backstabbing Cersei. who does Cersei even have again? Dany burnt up and took a good portion of her army. they could have had all the northmen, The Unsullied, and the Dothraki teleport travel to Eastwatch

I know I'm overthinking all this, and there are problems with my suggestions, but I really feel like it all could have been handled better. the episode is receiving a lot of criticism, even from people that usually defend or don't care

Not to mention they'd be able to focus on the Night's King 100% without worrying about the Lannisters plotting some fukk shyt.

as long as Cersei is alive, they'll have to worry about some Lannister fukk shyt. not to mention any of these other "chaos is a ladder" schemers that are waiting for an opportunity

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
It's most likely that GRRM didn't leave them much to work with for the final seasons so someone would essentially have to craft pure filler stories in between what actually happens and they weren't interested in that. GRRM has already admitted to seeing how the audience reacts to certain events in the show so he would know if he needs to change something so you know he didn't give them detailed notes on what actually will happen because he doesn't know his damn self.
they have so much they're leaving on the table tho. they're just being lazy...the tyrion jamie scene should have been longer, the meeting of the magnificent 7 at eastwatch could've been longer, we should be checking back in with euron, yara, theon (especailly since this has been set up as a plot point) and KL for longer periods of time, the arya/sansa beef escalated too quickly, bran is sidelined, sam just quits the citadel grabs some random shyt and bounces :dahell:. they have a lot to work with, especially this season - maybe it makes sense for a shorter season 8 - but to me, even if GRRM gave them five words and a peanut butter sandwich, yall got this staff of creators and writers who can't employ their imagination to fill in the gaps or elongate stories?

that's either unacceptable or lazy IMO. i can go to hundreds of places on the internet where fans have basically written out whole storylines simply based on a combination of what has been established in the show and their imaginations, but a paid professional team cant? :rudy:

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
:whew::whew:

wisnu-tan-20901023-10154581359252105-6544141178777482564-o.jpg

Suicide Mission, Wisnu Tan

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
they have so much they're leaving on the table tho. they're just being lazy...the tyrion jamie scene should have been longer, the meeting of the magnificent 7 at eastwatch could've been longer, we should be checking back in with euron, yara, theon (especailly since this has been set up as a plot point) and KL for longer periods of time, the arya/sansa beef escalated too quickly, bran is sidelined, sam just quits the citadel grabs some random shyt and bounces :dahell:. they have a lot to work with, especially this season - maybe it makes sense for a shorter season 8 - but to me, even if GRRM gave them five words and a peanut butter sandwich, yall got this staff of creators and writers who can't employ their imagination to fill in the gaps or elongate stories?

that's either unacceptable or lazy IMO. i can go to hundreds of places on the internet where fans have basically written out whole storylines simply based on a combination of what has been established in the show and their imaginations, but a paid professional team cant? :rudy:
Aside from everything they have rushed (and the list is long) it's worth noting that they chose to cut a lot of source material.

They chose to completely gut the Dorne politics and plotting.

They chose to completely gut the Ironborne politics and plotting.

They chose to completely gut the Riverlands world building and plotting.

They chose to completely gut the Northern Conspiracy politics and plotting.

They chose not to include a storyline from the books that affects Dany and her claim.

Some might chalk that up to them removing the fat/filler. But there was still story to tell and characters to introduce that they chose not to adapt. I guess it's up to opinion on if those decisions were for the best.

BuddahMAC

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the episode's director on the timeline of the rescue:

"We were aware that timing was getting a little hazy. We’ve got Gendry running back, ravens flying a certain distance, dragons having to fly back a certain distance…In terms of the emotional experience, [Jon and company] sort of spent one dark night on the island in terms of storytelling moments. We tried to hedge it a little bit with the eternal twilight up there north of The Wall. I think there was some effort to fudge the timeline a little bit by not declaring exactly how long we were there. I think that worked for some people, for other people it didn’t. They seemed to be very concerned about how fast a raven can fly but there’s a thing called plausible impossibilities, which is what you try to achieve, rather than impossible plausibilities. So I think we were straining plausibility a little bit, but I hope the story’s momentum carries over some of that stuff."

‘Game of Thrones’ Director Alan Taylor Breaks Down Timeline in ‘Beyond the Wall’

essentially:

jay-z-not-the-prez-big.jpg

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Aside from everything they have rushed (and the list is long) it's worth noting that they chose to cut a lot of source material.

They chose not to include a storyline from the books that affects Dany and her claim.

Some might chalk that up to them removing the fat/filler. But there was still story to tell and characters to introduce that they chose not to adapt. I guess it's up to opinion on if those decisions were for the best.
Based on the way the writers sabatoged Stannis and Dorne I can 100% believe they saw all those plot points in the book like :rudy: and just scrapped it like fukk this boring shyt

Last edited:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

i can get that, there's only so many characters an audience will care about (i think i read there are 6000+ named characters in the books and 500+ have been in the show :merchant:), schedules you want to manage, etc. maybe including some would help now. but just taking into consideration what it is that they did build, they're skimping on that.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
i can get that, there's only so many characters an audience will care about (i think i read there are 6000+ named characters in the books and 500+ have been in the show :merchant:), schedules you want to manage, etc. maybe including some would help now. but just taking into consideration what it is that they did build, they're skimping on that.

True. They definitely can't include everyone and everything, as the show already has a large (though smaller than what it was) cast.

But the things they could have adapted didn't necessarily call for more characters than what we already have.

Instead of casting 3 sand snakes, cast one Arianne Martell and keep Doran around as a ruler with a plan.

They already introduced the brotherhoodand had Brienne traveling through the riverlands, so that could have been adapted without adding more characters.

The northern conspiracy would have involved more castings of northern lords, but it would have been so sweet to most fans wanting to see Stark justice, that I think even casuals would have invested immediately in a plan to install a Stark as King in the North.

Just adding those things, (with some obvious restructuring of season 5 and 6) along with not rushing the other things you mentioned, would amount to full length seasons across 7 and 8.

But I get it. The showrunners just aren't feeling it. They wanted to converge the storyline as quick as possible and the budget and filming restrictions are tougher with the big set pieces. I just wish they would say that instead of pretending like it's all about a lack of story.

Last edited:

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
. they have a lot to work with, especially this season - maybe it makes sense for a shorter season 8 - but to me, even if GRRM gave them five words and a peanut butter sandwich, yall got this staff of creators and writers who can't employ their imagination to fill in the gaps or elongate stories?

Lol at the bolded. But for real, I heard that D&D (and one other guy) are the only writers of the show now. I don't if that's true or not.