Daps
Don't take this the wrong way but I don't know who you're talking to. Or talked to....which is why I gave the other short answer. I never said anything about bending the knee prior to that one post....it seemed blatantly obvious it was a pissing match/foreplay between Jon and Dany. And fans ate it up, as such. If cats were in here writing dissertations on why the Northern lords would react like whatever....I don't know nothing about that.

Fred.

Yes, I am responding to the responses I got to this posts....
Set wars aside, why should we care if Jon bends the knee? He has no interests in the Iron Throne (well his only bit of interest would be wanting to see Cersei off of it), and is focused on the Night King. The Starks bent the knee to Aegon without bloodshed likely in part because they knew they had bigger issues to worry about North of the wall. He's knelt before Mance, he's knelt before Stannis, who cares if he kneels before Dany? Especially if that helps convince her to shift strategies away from King's Landing and towards what's happening on the wall.

It should also be noted that it was Melissandre who convinced Stannis to take his eyes of King's Landing and head north from Dragonstone, and she's lamped up in Dragonstone at the moment.

Most of #StarkSet was vehemently against Jon bending the knee at all. Now most seem to be ignoring he actually bent it :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Episode 7 title is "The Dragon and the Wolf"

I would have been much more excited about this episode title back before Jon bent the knee

#NotMyKing

Hope we get more Lyanna and if the moon lines up with the sun I hope we get more Howland GOAT Reed

EDIT: Actual title is "The Long Night"

EDIT 2: Its unclear which is the real title

Last edited:

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
Episode 7 title is "The Dragon and the Wolf"

I would have been much more excited about this episode title back before Jon bent the knee

#NotMyKing

Hope we get more Lyanna and if the moon lines up with the sun I hope we get more Howland GOAT Reed
:whoa: he hasn't actually bent the knee yet. words are wind, anything could happen.

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
You continually hold shyt against Sansa that she didn't do. This ain't the book thread.

nikkas act like Sansa snitched for the intentions of seeing her father killed, as opposed to snitching because she was an 11-year-old child who wanted to get her way. That same child knelt before the king to beg for mercy once the consequences of her actions went down. And that part didn't even happen in the books, so why people keep bringing it up, I have no idea. Unless Sansa knew that what she did was going to lead to the death of innocents, it's a stupid thing to keep bringing up. Not to mention all this disdain at Sansa wanting pretty dresses and a handsome king, when that was arguably the highest position a woman could achieve at that time.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I was thinking maybe the Night King can see/hear through the wights, and he gonna spy on the meeting in KL :lupe:

That would actually be dope. :ohhh:

yep. the plan seemed so stupid, but I wanted to see how it would play out. but it just turned out to be a convoluted plan to basically give the NK a dragon. no more questions about what Benjen's doing, and RIP Thoros

Bran and The Hound saw the dead headed for Eastwatch, so why not set up a strong defense at Eastwatch? the dead still coming that way, but they abandoned that shyt to go show Cersei a zombie :dahell:

Because (presumably) they don't have enough men to hold Eastwatch. They don't have enough men to hold off the White Walkers anywhere, which is why they need the support of King's Landing.

Not to mention they'd be able to focus on the Night's King 100% without worrying about the Lannisters plotting some fukk shyt.

The "kidnap a wight" idea is still terrible in it's execution....but I get what they were going for. :manny:

Fred.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Director Alan Taylor on the episode

http://uproxx.com/tv/game-of-thrones-season-7-timeline-beyond-the-wall/3/

“We were aware that timing was getting a little hazy. We’ve got Gendry running back, ravens flying a certain distance, dragons having to fly back a certain distance…In terms of the emotional experience, [Jon and company] sort of spent one dark night on the island in terms of storytelling moments. We tried to hedge it a little bit with the eternal twilight up there north of The Wall. I think there was some effort to fudge the timeline a little bit by not declaring exactly how long we were there. I think that worked for some people, for other people it didn’t. They seemed to be very concerned about how fast a raven can fly but there’s a thing called plausible impossibilities, which is what you try to achieve, rather than impossible plausibilities. So I think we were straining plausibility a little bit, but I hope the story’s momentum carries over some of that stuff.”

In other words, Taylor admits they “fudged” the timeline and “strained plausibility.” Taylor, however, is not concerned because the ratings are good?

“It’s cool that the show is so important to so many people that it’s being scrutinized so thoroughly. If the show was struggling, I’d be worried about those concerns, but the show seems to be doing pretty well so it’s OK to have people with those concerns.”

It sounds like what Taylor is saying is that if the show wasn’t as popular, they’d have made more of an effort not to strain plausibility, but since everyone watches the show and loves it, it doesn’t matter that much. We are, after all, complaining about the timeline in a show where a zombie killed a dragon by throwing an ice spear 1,000 feet into the air, a feat even The Walking Dead was impressed with.

Ridiculous? Sure. But fun? Absolutely!
lol, basically the "who cares, dragons!!!" crowd is who they're catering to...nice for them to admit that and hopefully that crowd sees that complaints from the other side are valid :ld:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I forgot but why the fukk did they only order 13 more episodes? Budget? This could have easily been 3 more full-fledged seasons. There are way too many storylines to close :why: Where the fukk is Euron at? :why:

Yeah, the budget. The closer it gets to ending the more large scale battles, the more scenes with dragons, etc. and I doubt HBO wanted to pay for 20 more episodes across 2-3 more seasons. Not to mention the most important actors make like $2 mill an ep now.

Fred.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, the budget. The closer it gets to ending the more large scale battles, the more scenes with dragons, etc. and I doubt HBO wanted to pay for 20 more episodes across 2-3 more seasons. Not to mention the most important actors make like $2 mill an ep now.

Fred.
Nah HBO definitely wanted more seasons. They were practically begging the showrunners to do more seasons but D&D just didn't want to do it. They said they only had 13 episodes left.

That comes from an interview that HBO programming president Michael Lombardo gave to Entertainment Weekly, in which he admitted that Thrones showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss would probably rather end their show after seven, but he’d prefer it to go on for 10. “If they weren’t comfortable going beyond seven seasons,” he told EW, “I trust them implicitly and trust that’s the right decision—as horrifying as that is to me.” He also added that he doesn’t want to “have a show continue past where the creators believe where they feel they’ve finished with the story.” So Lombardo would like the show to go on forever, but he’ll let Benioff and Weiss end it sooner if that’s what they really really really want.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
sansa caping:scusthov:

If that bish didn't have stark as her last name :russell:

EDIT: I will admit, when Arya was going off on her about not doing nothing during their fathers execution, and she was like "you aint do nothing either bish:pachaha:"

Nah HBO definitely wanted more seasons. They were practically begging the showrunners to do more seasons but D&D just didn't want to do it. They said they only had 13 episodes left.

That comes from an interview that HBO programming president Michael Lombardo gave to Entertainment Weekly, in which he admitted that Thrones showrunners David Benioff and Dan Weiss would probably rather end their show after seven, but he’d prefer it to go on for 10. “If they weren’t comfortable going beyond seven seasons,” he told EW, “I trust them implicitly and trust that’s the right decision—as horrifying as that is to me.” He also added that he doesn’t want to “have a show continue past where the creators believe where they feel they’ve finished with the story.” So Lombardo would like the show to go on forever, but he’ll let Benioff and Weiss end it sooner if that’s what they really really really want.

I thought that was cause that's as much material GRRM gave them to work with?

Last edited:

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
DH18y4IW0AE7c8_.jpg
Now y'all know where they got the chains from

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

:dahell:

Well then this is confusing as fukk to me because there's no reason to shorten the seasons. They could've gotten new show runners for 2-3 more seasons. Granted, it's possible the show might've fallen off for other reasons in season 8, 9, or 10 but as of right now ending it in 13 episodes doesn't seem like a good idea.

Fred.