Disgustya Stallone

Man Who Owns 2 Microwaves
Daps
As far as all the other shyt....I don't really give a fukk about realism in fiction obviously...."Breaking Bad" is my favorite show....but I do care about internal logic. And there wasn't much this episode.

90% of the complaints about how long Jon and crew were stranded, how long the raven took, how long Dany took, etc. could've been cleared up with one of them commenting on only having 2-3 days worth of rations before they headed out....then towards the end, on the frozen lake, show they're out of rations. Boom, we know 2-3 days passed without explicitly saying it. Freeze to death? Use the fire swords for warmth.

I'm not gonna sit here and write 15 paragraphs about how the show fell off but there was a few....bizarre choices in the writing this episode that could've been cleared up with literally a line of dialogue, or a 10 second throwaway scene. Other stuff like Benjen I could let slide, and the other point of contention (Arya vs Sansa) I'm gonna reserve criticism until I see how it plays out.

And for the record there was some questionable writing in season 5 too. I don't know how nuanced it was in the books but the whole "Cersei is taken captive in her own city" was probably the WOAT story arc for this show.

Fred.
5 star post

• Dap
Reactions: hex

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
A fight requires two or more people. This is more like mockery. Sansa haters are to be pitied and ridiculed, but never taken seriously or even listened to.

Show watchers like Sansa (mostly because of the actress). Book readers either can't stand Sansa or are apathetic towards her.

That says everything that needs to be said about the topic :francis:

Inadvertently get your dad killed, your brother and your mom killed due to the fallout and aftermath of your dad's death, cause your two brothers and your sister to flee for their lives after said fallout and get your pet and sister's friend killed as well and then ask why people don't like you.

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
Way too much for me to read through so this has probably been discussed already.

The NK can obviously communicate with the wights since they all encircled Magnificent 7 and waited. Going off of that, perhaps he can see and hear through wights similar to what Bran does. If so then its possible he heard Jon tell Gendry to run back to Eastwatch and knew they had backup coming. Still doesn't account for being ready to pull Viserion out the water but :manny: works for me.
I was thinking maybe the Night King can see/hear through the wights, and he gonna spy on the meeting in KL :lupe:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
Inadvertently get your dad killed, your brother and your mom killed due to the fallout and aftermath of your dad's death, cause your two brothers and your sister to flee for their lives after said fallout and get your pet and sister's friend killed as well and then ask why people don't like you.

Blame all of that on a 13-year-old girl, brehs. JOFFREY was the one who executed Ned Stark much to the horror of every-fukking-body. But yeah, that was all Sansa's fault for obeying the queen and her future mother-in-law with a scroll that fooled absolutely nobody.

How many people have to die for your pride?

That was a deep moment from Tormund. I wonder if more of the wildlings thought like him. Mance died for pride - and in doing so, arguably killed a while lot of people. I wonder what he would've done if someone like Tormund begged him to bend the knee.

Last edited:

daze23

Siempre Fresco
Daps
And so I didn’t spend a lot of time last week talking about how the “Kidnap a Wight” plan made no sense, because I wanted to wait and see how the plan manifested in the episode where it’s put into action.

Yeah, it still doesn’t make any sense.
yep. the plan seemed so stupid, but I wanted to see how it would play out. but it just turned out to be a convoluted plan to basically give the NK a dragon. no more questions about what Benjen's doing, and RIP Thoros

Bran and The Hound saw the dead headed for Eastwatch, so why not set up a strong defense at Eastwatch? the dead still coming that way, but they abandoned that shyt to go show Cersei a zombie :dahell:

Stop_It_5

Veteran
Daps
Show watchers like Sansa (mostly because of the actress). Book readers either can't stand Sansa or are apathetic towards her.

That says everything that needs to be said about the topic :francis:

blame a barely in her teens girl for acting like a barely in her teens girl, on top of other shyt she couldn't control brehs

Arya being a low-key crazy person and acting accordingly is why that winterfell angle kinda sorta works. People who've actually followed the books/show and know all the context of Sansas story yet still hate her for it might be WOAT status.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Watching the scene of Viserion getting hit again, I wish Emilia would have made more of a reaction. People like to shyt on her acting, and I usually think her acting is fine given the character who is supposed to project an air of confidence at all times. But it would have been added more 'umph' to the death if she could have given more of a horrified reaction, perhaps something similar to when Elaria saw Oberyn get crushed.

Her scream is what always sells that scene for me.

Just like Cat screaming when she saw her son die sold that scene.

And Cersei screaming when she watched her son die sold that scene.

Both were horrified and vulnerable and destroyed.

As it stands, Emilia's understated sadness looks no more devastating than any of the other people looking at the dragon die.

RSqKLai.jpg

Jon had more of an angry reaction, which makes sense because he probably feels guilty for getting her dragon killed but I guess I just feel now would have been the time for Emilia to give a performance that isn't so muted, especially since this is one of her "children" being killed.

zqYEUdf.gif

She gave the muted performance when she sent Jorah away, and gave the muted performance when she finally made it to Dragonstone. Feels like a horrified anger would have been a better direction for that particular scene. And then they could have fell back on sadness when she reflected on the boat with Jon.
I also expected a bit more sadness when she's in that watchtower with Jorah, I was actually surprised that whole wait was about jon and not mourning her dragon. Same when she's in the boat cabin talking to jon on the ride back, I just needed to really see the devastation of losing one of her kids, especially since she supposedly can't have real children.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
FIRE :laff::laff::laff::laff:

You got a patreon yet?

Thanks breh. Not yet. Tryna get about 20 comics in inventory and then I'll explore ads and a Patreon. From what i've seen managing a successful Patreon requires constant fan engagement. I think if I was passive about it I'd get some beer money every now and then. :manny:

But it's definitely in the works.

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
GRRM is a pacifist and he is on record saying war should not be the deciding factor in closing out the story.

He is also against a black and white good vs. bad fantasy trope.

Hopefully we get some good surprises from here on out because unpredictability was what drew most people to this show. Once we witnessed Ned's beheading and the Red Wedding, we knew we were not watching a conventional TV series.

I think what is bugging people like myself is that the show has become Predictable and conventional....even though the action sequences and visuals are truly amazing.

I'm frustrated because some of these issues could be easily fixed with a bit of exposition.

Breh every clue from the books needs to play out the way we've seen them play out on screen or the books don't make sense. Nobody is saying that the show ends like a Hollywood film or needs to. But this much is obvious. Jon was a targ. Night King was acquiring an ice dragon. Dany and Jon were teaming up. Cersei would be oblivious to the real war going on in the north. Etc. Everything points to that.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I also expected a bit more sadness when she's in that watchtower with Jorah, I was actually surprised that whole wait was about jon and not mourning her dragon. Same when she's in the boat cabin talking to jon on the ride back, I just needed to really see the devastation of losing one of her kids, especially since she supposedly can't have real children.
Yeah it was probably a mistake to split her sadness between Jon and her dragon. But I think they really are trying to sell a Jon and Dany love story so I guess they found that more important for that scene to be about losing Jon and her dragon, rather than just a scene about losing her dragon. Shortened season...

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
blame a barely in her teens girl for acting like a barely in her teens girl, on top of other shyt she couldn't control brehs

Arya being a low-key crazy person and acting accordingly is why that winterfell angle kinda sorta works. People who've actually followed the books/show and know all the context of Sansas story yet still hate her for it might be WOAT status.

If you don't wanna be criticized, stop talking :manny:

People who actually followed the books are more objective and don't have their perceptions of the character ruined by the TV actor/actress, like you do, seeing as most of you Sansa lovers are just caught up on a hot chick playing her. 99% sure if Fat Walda played her, you wouldn't be in her caping. I damn near threw my book out the window when she snitched on her dad.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Blame all of that on a 13-year-old girl, brehs. JOFFREY was the one who executed Ned Stark much to the horror of every-fukking-body. But yeah, that was all Sansa's fault for obeying the queen and her future mother-in-law with a scroll that fooled absolutely nobody.

That was a deep moment from Tormund. I wonder if more of the wildlings thought like him. Mance died for pride - and in doing so, arguably killed a while lot of people. I wonder what he would've done if someone like Tormund begged him to bend the knee.

Stop it. Read them books again because either you forgot or you're purposely bending the truth.

SANSA WANTED TO MARRY JOFFREY.

NED WANTED TO LEAVE KING'S LANDING AFTER KING ROBERT DIED TO KEEP HIS FAMILY, HIS DAUGHTERS AND HIMSELF SAFE.

SANSA REALIZED SHE WOULD BE APART FROM JOFFREY.

SHE RAN TO FIND CERSEI TO TELL CERSEI THAT HER FATHER WAS GOING TO LEAVE.

CERSEI THEN KILLED SEPTA MORDANE.

CERSEI THEN KILLED ARYA'S TEACHER.

CERSEI HAD MOST OF NED'S SOLDIERS KILLED.

CERSEI THEN IMPRISONED NED.

JOFFREY THEN KILLED NED.

How do you defend that :gucci:

You same nikkas were ready to throw Olly into the grave for doing Jon wrong and he was about the same age but, you coppin pleas for Sansa. FOH. She caused alot of people's deaths. Mycah & Lady before that. You think Margery would ever go against her grandmother and sell her out to her family's enemies? Even at Sansa's age? No....I doubt it. Stop caping.

Last edited: