Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
what the fukk has she done lol.

Sansa survived Ramsay Bolton. That in and itself is a MAJOR accomplishment. Lemme guess - that doesn't count b/c she didn't do anything, so to speak.

Sansa also escaped from Ramsay. Lemme guess - doesn't count b/c of Theon.

Sansa also successfully lied to protect Littlefinger, which eventually led to the Knights of the Vale being pledged to House Stark. Lemme guess - doesn't count b/c they're Littlefinger's men.

In other words, anything she has done doesn't count because it's Sansa. But when Arya has her hand held all the way to her arrival to Winterfell, it's because she's such a warrior. Put her in a real battle and she'll be hanging on a ship's mast just like the Sand Snakes.

Fair-weather Starkset is pathetic. "She didn't use her free kills" foh.

And if that had been Sansa, we wouldn't have heard the end of it.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
ITA. The show is becoming way too predictable. And the biggest cliche is the Jon/Dany love story.

The Jon/Dany thing was going to happen, regardless of anything else. Fans been talking about that shyt more or less since day 1. Not a book reader but that's been a topic for years.

Fred.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Watching the scene of Viserion getting hit again, I wish Emilia would have made more of a reaction. People like to shyt on her acting, and I usually think her acting is fine given the character who is supposed to project an air of confidence at all times. But it would have been added more 'umph' to the death if she could have given more of a horrified reaction, perhaps something similar to when Elaria saw Oberyn get crushed.

Her scream is what always sells that scene for me.

Just like Cat screaming when she saw her son die sold that scene.

And Cersei screaming when she watched her son die sold that scene.

Both were horrified and vulnerable and destroyed.

As it stands, Emilia's understated sadness looks no more devastating than any of the other people looking at the dragon die.

RSqKLai.jpg

Jon had more of an angry reaction, which makes sense because he probably feels guilty for getting her dragon killed but I guess I just feel now would have been the time for Emilia to give a performance that isn't so muted, especially since this is one of her "children" being killed.

zqYEUdf.gif

She gave the muted performance when she sent Jorah away, and gave the muted performance when she finally made it to Dragonstone. Feels like a horrified anger would have been a better direction for that particular scene. And then they could have fell back on sadness when she reflected on the boat with Jon.

Last edited:

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
The Jon/Dany thing was going to happen, regardless of anything else. Fans been talking about that shyt more or less since day 1. Not a book reader but that's been a topic for years.

Fred.

The meeting and bond needed to happen. But it doesn't need to be a love story. They are turning GOT into Twilight.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Watching the scene of Viserion getting hit again, I wish Emilia would have made more of a reaction. People like to shyt on her acting, and I usually think her acting is fine given the character who is supposed to project an air of confidence at all times. But it would have been added more 'umph' to the death if she could have given more of a horrified reaction, perhaps something similar to when Elaria saw Oberyn get crushed. As it stands, her understated sadness looks no more devastating than any of the other people looking at the dragon die.

RSqKLai.jpg

Jon had more of an angry reaction, which makes sense because he probably feels guilty for getting her dragon killed but I guess I just feel now would have been the time for Emilia to give a performance that isn't so muted. She gave the muted performance when she sent Jorah away, and gave the muted performance when she finally made it to Dragonstone. Feels like a horrified anger would have been a better direction for that particular scene. And then they could have fell back on sadness when she reflected on the boat with Jon.

Great fukking point.

I think she might've had a more emotional response if it were Drogon. I think it calls back to what Cersei said earlier in the season about parents not supposing to have favorites but still secretly having one anyway.

But in any regards, they missed an opportunity to humanize Dany in the eyes of Jon and his entourage, which would have made his decision to bend the knee all the more powerful. Even though her risking her life and those of her dragons to save them was effective enough, still having Dany show more emotion and trauma in THAT moment would have added more weight and greater context.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The meeting and bond needed to happen. But it doesn't need to be a love story. They are turning GOT into Twilight.

I'm saying people called it being a love story years ago. It's not as if it came out of left field.

Fred.

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
As far as all the other shyt....I don't really give a fukk about realism in fiction obviously...."Breaking Bad" is my favorite show....but I do care about internal logic. And there wasn't much this episode.

90% of the complaints about how long Jon and crew were stranded, how long the raven took, how long Dany took, etc. could've been cleared up with one of them commenting on only having 2-3 days worth of rations before they headed out....then towards the end, on the frozen lake, show they're out of rations. Boom, we know 2-3 days passed without explicitly saying it. Freeze to death? Use the fire swords for warmth.

I'm not gonna sit here and write 15 paragraphs about how the show fell off but there was a few....bizarre choices in the writing this episode that could've been cleared up with literally a line of dialogue, or a 10 second throwaway scene. Other stuff like Benjen I could let slide, and the other point of contention (Arya vs Sansa) I'm gonna reserve criticism until I see how it plays out.

And for the record there was some questionable writing in season 5 too. I don't know how nuanced it was in the books but the whole "Cersei is taken captive in her own city" was probably the WOAT story arc for this show.

Fred.
It’s all a slap in the face to be honest.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I'm saying people called it being a love story years ago. It's not as if it came out of left field.

Fred.

And that's exactly what makes it cliche. The fact that everyone figured that out. This is exactly how LOST failed for me. Don't bring me through season after season when the end game is some cliche, a seven year old could've created that ending, BS.

RoidJonesJr

Superstar
Daps
I went on a Reddit page and it had a countdown on the right side of the page, small little spoiler for next week I think :francis:

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Seems like the show has run into the same problem the books did. Too big of a story that's taken too long to develop.

now that the end game is here, there's too many players to focus on. Lannisters should have been cleaned off the chessboard if they weren't going to be useful