Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
Game of Thrones has always been a fantasy series and now it's shifting to that part of the story in heavy fashion (dragons, ice zombies, battle for mankind, azor ahai/tptwp) which is annoying to some people because they were invested in it being a politically minded show.

Which is dumb because it was always going to end up here, people should have figured it out when they said there were 13 episodes left, they are going heavy with the set pieces and CG.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
Also, you can't get too angry with D&D. Reserve that anger for GRRM who started this story in 1996 but still couldn't finish it by 2017. That's 21 years yet, the books aren't finished. These guys were meant to adapt the books. They weren't meant to write the story for him. They were thinking he would finish the books before the show caught up like how J.K. Rowling finished the HP series before the movies caught up. Instead, there's been no new book release since 2011 :stopitslime: This is like a construction company building a skyscraper but the Architect and the design engineers left out a few crucial details in the blueprints and now the builders have to freestyle the rest of the construction to finish :russ: The show is still GOAT to me. The quality has dipped slightly but I'm still feigning for new episodes so it's obviously still my favorite show. I don't like the shortened seasons but I understand the budget has grown too large. I'm not angry with D&D though. Them dudes signed up to ADAPT the book series to television. Not to create the story out of thin air. This shyt isn't Vampire Diaries. You can't go off book with world building this detailed. And that's GRRM's fault because he failed to give them new books to adapt.

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
Also, you can't get too angry with D&D. Reserve that anger for GRRM who started this story in 1996 but still couldn't finish it by 2017. That's 21 years yet, the books aren't finished. These guys were meant to adapt the books. They weren't meant to write the story for him. They were thinking he would finish the books before the show caught up like how J.K. Rowling finished the HP series before the movies caught up. Instead, there's been no new book release since 2011 :stopitslime: This is like a construction company building a skyscraper but the Architect and the design engineers left out a few crucial details in the blueprints and now the builders have to freestyle the rest of the construction to finish :russ: The show is still GOAT to me. The quality has dipped slightly but I'm still feigning for new episodes so it's obviously still my favorite show. I don't like the shortened seasons but I understand the budget has grown too large. I'm not angry with D&D though. Them dudes signed up to ADAPT the book series to television. Not to create the story out of thin air. This shyt isn't Vampire Diaries. You can't go off book with world building this detailed. And that's GRRM's fault because he failed to give them new books to adapt.
now he focusing on NOT finishing the dunk & egg books so they can't do anything with that :rudy:

HBO money ain't enough for you? :martin:

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Which is dumb because it was always going to end up here, people should have figured it out when they said there were 13 episodes left, they are going heavy with the set pieces and CG.
people were tepid about the 13 episode announcement tho, but up until then, had no reason to mistrust the D&D process. many folks didn't expect a writing dropoff and skipping of major plot points to happen - no, i'm not talking about adding 3 episodes of traveling to the wall, i'm talking about critical conversations, or even a clever line or two to cover some of gaps/plot holes or assuage the speed of travel discrepancies.

on the past, the show showed that they thought about things in great detail prior to execution, they could still do that and keep the pace and action of this season, but they didn't. @Tasha And just gave a great example of this

The Radiant One

Superstar
Daps

This is true. GRRM missed his deadline and the only thing they know is the ending they are trying to move the story to that.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

GRRM plans to die before finishing the books.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I used to use this excuse, and even still give it some credence for the larger outlook of the series, but it still doesn't justify certain decisions that are just horrible writing choices, that even a decent TV writer should be able to spot and correct. Arya didn't have to get poked up because she was waltzing around Braavos with face changing assassins after her, for instance.

I don't blame that on Geroge, I blame that on the writers wanting a big dramatic moment to end an episode, and a chase sequence set piece, so they clumsily wrote something to get them there, character and plot be damned.

I remember reading that they spent millions of dollars, and like 2 weeks to film that chase scene, when the show would have been better had they just cut it entirely....or spent an extra hour in the writing room.

I feel like I've been more than fair to D&D, as I understand writing for this show is more difficult than writing for other shows given the time restrictions. Because of the tight schedule they have to shoot in multiple countries at one time during winter with like 4 or 5 different camera crews, while allowing enough time for pre-production (scouting locations, costumes, building the set pieces, sometimes inventing new tech just for a single scene) and post, they have to produce a script in a few months, and that first draft pretty much has to be very close to the final draft because they don't have the time to make big changes. I get it. They have a few months to write something for a huge production, and don't have the luxury of the years it takes GRRM, or even the years it takes for big budget hollywood movies to film a 2-hour blockbuster. I get it.

But some of these problems are problems only because they decided at some point not to worry about their writing making sense. A few lines of dialogue or an extra scene would "fix" a lot of the problems. But they have come to the point of just not feeling the attention to detail is worth it. And that is solely a D&D stance, which I can be angry at. It's one thing to just not be able to come up with great stories because you are meant to adapt rather than write original stories. But it's another thing to ignore consistency within your own show because being logical is now not dramatic enough.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
:mjlol:

nikkas saying he got Tommy's sword.
tumblr_mx550mbIrs1s82c3do1_500.gif

:dead: