hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
As far as all the other shyt....I don't really give a fukk about realism in fiction obviously...."Breaking Bad" is my favorite show....but I do care about internal logic. And there wasn't much this episode.

90% of the complaints about how long Jon and crew were stranded, how long the raven took, how long Dany took, etc. could've been cleared up with one of them commenting on only having 2-3 days worth of rations before they headed out....then towards the end, on the frozen lake, show they're out of rations. Boom, we know 2-3 days passed without explicitly saying it. Freeze to death? Use the fire swords for warmth.

I'm not gonna sit here and write 15 paragraphs about how the show fell off but there was a few....bizarre choices in the writing this episode that could've been cleared up with literally a line of dialogue, or a 10 second throwaway scene. Other stuff like Benjen I could let slide, and the other point of contention (Arya vs Sansa) I'm gonna reserve criticism until I see how it plays out.

And for the record there was some questionable writing in season 5 too. I don't know how nuanced it was in the books but the whole "Cersei is taken captive in her own city" was probably the WOAT story arc for this show.

Fred.

Daps
It would be childish as fukk to argue "I ain't gotta bend the knee" when she already compromised. She gave him what he wanted, he has no reason to hold out at that point.

shyt makes no sense whatsoever, and would be counterproductive to their partnership.

I'm :dead: at people somersaulting through the thread talking about :blessed: "Starks bent the knee" but literally not one person pointing out Dany caved first, rendering that conflict a moot point. I like arguing about this show same as anyone else, but this is a non-factor.

Fred.

LMAO @ how the narrative is changing. Dany agreed to help him several episodes ago....if he bent the knee, so the "she caved first" rhetoric doesn't make sense. Prior to today, all I heard was how he couldn't bend the knee for anything and how people would disown him if he did, now you're tryna sell me on this having been just a pissing match to see who caved first. :dead:

If that's the case, that makes him not bending the knee earlier much worse. How can you condone playing this stupid game whilst the Night King marches on the wall?

FTR, I said the knee bending conflict was a non-factor from the get, and got roundly bashed cuz of it.

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
As far as all the other shyt....I don't really give a fukk about realism in fiction obviously...."Breaking Bad" is my favorite show....but I do care about internal logic. And there wasn't much this episode.

90% of the complaints about how long Jon and crew were stranded, how long the raven took, how long Dany took, etc. could've been cleared up with one of them commenting on only having 2-3 days worth of rations before they headed out....then towards the end, on the frozen lake, show they're out of rations. Boom, we know 2-3 days passed without explicitly saying it. Freeze to death? Use the fire swords for warmth.

I'm not gonna sit here and write 15 paragraphs about how the show fell off but there was a few....bizarre choices in the writing this episode that could've been cleared up with literally a line of dialogue, or a 10 second throwaway scene. Other stuff like Benjen I could let slide, and the other point of contention (Arya vs Sansa) I'm gonna reserve criticism until I see how it plays out.

And for the record there was some questionable writing in season 5 too. I don't know how nuanced it was in the books but the whole "Cersei is taken captive in her own city" was probably the WOAT story arc for this show.

Fred.
Worst thing this season was how Jamie and Bronn escaped capture after almost dying to Drogon's fire. They swam out of harms way like it was nothing when they were supposed to be in chains.

Brock Landers

AKA Tyler Hands-thorough
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Torrance, CA
I just know Bran is going to come and fukk everything up in a big way brehs...I CAN FEEL IT :damn:The man can control the past for gods sake!

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
LMAO @ how the narrative is changing. Dany agreed to help him several episodes ago....

I need to cut you off right there because she only agreed to help him if he bent the knee. She reiterated this point several times.

She changes her stance and agrees to help him anyway = "I won't bend the knee" is a moot point.

Again, arguing over the show is fun but this ain't that hard to follow breh.

Fred.

Daps

Fred.

I must be the only one who liked that arc. Made perfect sense to me and I thought they explained it well. A power vacuum was created with Tywin's death plus there was a weak ruler on the throne. And I believe Jamie was out of the city. They didn't walk into the Red Keep and snatch her up, they just didn't let her leave when she went to gloat to Margery.

It took a confluence of circumstances to allow that to happen, but the pieces all fit together.

I think my only gripe from the first 6 seasons is the wildlings just trusting Jon's word for how many men were at Castle Black when they coulda just used wargs for scouts.

Daps
I need to cut you off right there because she only agreed to help him if he bent the knee. She reiterated this point several times.

She changes her stance and agrees to help him anyway = "I won't bend the knee" is a moot point.

Again, arguing over the show is fun but this ain't that hard to follow breh.

Fred.

Maybe if you read the rest of what I wrote you wouldn't need to cut me off...that was literally my next sentence.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
What was your issue with that?

Just....didn't make much sense the way it was presented. Any other point in the series Cersei has 10-15 goons with her for no reason....well, the reason being she's the "queen"....but she goes and meets with a religious cult in the slums of King's Landing with literally not one guard? shyt was
q3rB2c3.png
as hell. Then the fall out with Tommen not lifting a finger to help her....I realize he's a bytch and I'm not a book reader so the whole thing was probably done a lot better and more subtly in the books....but I thought the whole thing was written terribly on the show.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I must be the only one who liked that arc. Made perfect sense to me and I thought they explained it well. A power vacuum was created with Tywin's death plus there was a weak ruler on the throne. And I believe Jamie was out of the city. They didn't walk into the Red Keep and snatch her up, they just didn't let her leave when she went to gloat to Margery.

It took a confluence of circumstances to allow that to happen, but the pieces all fit together.

I think my only gripe from the first 6 seasons is the wildlings just trusting Jon's word for how many men were at Castle Black when they coulda just used wargs for scouts.

I don't dislike it per se....just how it was presented. And even if I could let it slide that they'd be able to kidnap a person who is for all intents and purposes the queen....them keeping her more or less uncontested, and for so long, was a bridge too far.

Not saying it's impossible to sell any of this with better writing but it felt truncated as hell on the show.

Fred.