FAH1223

Go Wizards, Go Terps, Go Packers!
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WASHINGTON, DC
just kind of skimming thru the thread. I don't think there is some conspiracy with ayra and sansa to "setup" little finger. I think they both don't trust him, but I think I they will figure out he's trying to play them against each other. it will happen just out of circumstance.
it is pretty clear tho, that little finger will be killed once they figure it out. my question tho is how do they keep the knights of the vale afterwards? what will robin think/do?

I'd think Robin would believe his cousins.

Spliff

Godzilla got busy.
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
If it wasn't clear the Lord of Light is in direct opposition to whatever empowers White Walkers, it should be now.

Almost feels Matrix-esque. Like this is planned history, part of the checks-and-balances of eternal war between the two "gods." Archmaester's convo with Sam, along with previous Melisandre scenes, made this very clear.

1:22

And since "The Door" (my favorite), I've wondered how much of history is left up to fate? With 10+ gods being worshiped, only one delivers? ...and for very specific reasons that involve steps toward protecting the realm? :mjpls::jbhmm:

I only have theories but the potential for a GOAT mindfukk is there.

Next week will undoubtedly be :banderas::banderas:

Disclaimer: I have not read books, scripts or spoilers. Don't shoot. :hubie:

Jards

All Star
Daps
Tormund the MVP of this episode :mjlol:

"Which queen do we have to convince - the one with the dragons or the one who fukks her brother? :jbhmm:"

:russ:

"Did you bring the big woman?:feedme:"

:dead:

That being said - this plan is fukking stupid. Not so much the plan - we gathered from the trailers they were going beyond the wall to capture a wight (although some c*nt probably read the spoilers and tried to pass it off as speculation :beli:)

Its understandable if this is a Winterfell plan but TargSet's involvement in the plan is absolutely :mindblown: to me - mid war you're gonna suspend hostilities when you finally get on top after getting you've been getting that work and expect Cersei to form like voltron to defeat the White Walkers? From a story telling perspective it completely undermines the stakes in this war. fukk showing Cersei - Cersei and the White Walkers are the two biggest threats to the realm that need to be removed. What happens after the white walkers? They press start and continue? :camby:

There's the political level of GoT and the then the mystical level. This feels like they're trying to shoe horn Cersei into the mystical aspect when Cersei is a political player and is redundant on the mystical level. Lena Heady has been killing it this season but she should've been wiped out of the story so the story can move onto the White Walkers fukking shyt up.

I hope this isn't the ep where the show jumps the shark but fukk it - at least we're getting a classic next ep.

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
it really does seem that way when you look at it from the perspective that he left his wife and kids to run off with a younger girl

I'm not sure how it works, but I don't think Aegon and Rhaenys can lose their 'trueborn' status. but I'm not sure how it works beyond that

I think we should consider that his marriage with Elia was arranged, and maybe he really didn't like her :ld:

Rhaegar was also all caught up in the prophecy of "The Prince that was Promised", so he may have thought that what he did was for the greater good. if Jon 'saves the world' maybe Rhaegar was on the right path

That's kinda what annulment means tho. Divorce means this was a thing and now its not a thing anymore. Annulment means this was never a thing and thus, the kids are illegitimate.

I cant say what they're going to do in the story but, in history, that's what it meant. King Henry VIII was divorcing bytches left and right smh and when the marriages were annulled, his kids were basically b*stards.

It's very foul when you remember that Elia was brutally killed, raped and saw her kids brutally killed before that....all while her husband was divorcing her, writing her kids out the will and smutting out Lyanna somewhere :francis:

Kunty McPhuck

Scust Szn has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Books and Pencils

"Which queen do we have to convince - the one with the dragons or the one who fukks her brother? :jbhmm:"

That being said - this plan is fukking stupid. Not so much the plan - we gathered from the trailers they were going beyond the wall to capture a wight (although some c*nt probably read the spoilers and tried to pass it off as speculation :beli:)

Its understandable if this is a Winterfell plan but TargSet's involvement in the plan is absolutely :mindblown: to me - mid war you're gonna suspend hostilities when you finally get on top after getting you've been getting that work and expect Cersei to form like voltron to defeat the White Walkers? From a story telling perspective it completely undermines the stakes in this war. fukk showing Cersei - Cersei and the White Walkers are the two biggest threats to the realm that need to be removed. What happens after the white walkers? They press start and continue? :camby:

There's the political level of GoT and the then the mystical level. This feels like they're trying to shoe horn Cersei into the mystical aspect when Cersei is a political player and is redundant on the mystical level. Lena Heady has been killing it this season but she should've been wiped out of the story so the story can move onto the White Walkers fukking shyt up..

The Christmas Truce in 1914

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
That's kinda what annulment means tho. Divorce means this was a thing and now its not a thing anymore. Annulment means this was never a thing and thus, the kids are illegitimate.

I cant say what they're going to do in the story but, in history, that's what it meant. King Henry VIII was divorcing bytches left and right smh and when the marriages were annulled, his kids were basically b*stards.

It's very foul when you remember that Elia was brutally killed, raped and saw her kids brutally killed before that....all while her husband was divorcing her, writing her kids out the will and smutting out Lyanna somewhere :francis:

The only thing I can think of is that Rhaegar was in line to be king, and kings can legitimize whoever they want. So at best, his plan was to have Jon as a trueborn son and legitimize his other children from the dissolved marriage as well. But even then, I could see that being the prelude to a future civil war where certain factions believe Jon should be first in line to inherit the throne and others believe Aegon should be.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Is it just me or is this season whack because things are progressing too quickly. George Martin needed to finish that book before this season came out.
I don't think it's wack, but last night was and it made me give credence to some of the other nitpick convos/interactions that people have wanted to see in earlier episodes. You can't build GOT on intricate characters then just go Cliff Notes in the 7th season. I doesn't take that much effort to shoot characters driven episodes that - the sets and people are there and there is no need for heavy CGI/efx like the battle or dragon episodes.

Last night was easily the WOAT episode of GOT to me due to how spastic it was.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
jon got burned when saving mormont from the white walker.

I'm reasonably assuming that you gotta be pure Targ(white hair) to be fireproof

Otherwise Jon being half means his blood ain't too diluted, which us why he gets the dog treatment from Drogon

shyt like this is the reason Targs were incestuous. They didn't want to breed out the dragon blood

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland

There's the political level of GoT and the then the mystical level. This feels like they're trying to shoe horn Cersei into the mystical aspect when Cersei is a political player and is redundant on the mystical level. Lena Heady has been killing it this season but she should've been wiped out of the story so the story can move onto the White Walkers fukking shyt up.

I hope this isn't the ep where the show jumps the shark but fukk it - at least we're getting a classic next ep.
They can easily tie the two together...seems perfect IMO. Cersei still playing politics while the world is dying only for her to be left with nothing...or get killed by white walkers or have everyone turn against her for not protecting them...lots of ways this plays out. In the words of Tywin, Cersei's not as smart as she thinks she is

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
I'm reasonably assuming that you gotta be pure Targ(white hair) to be fireproof

Otherwise Jon being half means his blood ain't too diluted, which us why he gets the dog treatment from Drogon

shyt like this is the reason Targs were incestuous. They didn't want to breed out the dragon blood
It's not really explained, but I don't think all Targs are fireproof, just somehow Dany is. Viserys wasn't.

Chris Cool

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
So Cal
We can do that? :lupe:
Cause Im Starkset cause Jon Snow the realest nikka living but he full Targ so does that mean I'm Targset now? I always thought them dragons were dope :patrice:
yeah you could do it.

tenor.gif

cause you not starkset no more. :pacspit:

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only thing I can think of is that Rhaegar was in line to be king, and kings can legitimize whoever they want. So at best, his plan was to have Jon as a trueborn son and legitimize his other children from the dissolved marriage as well. But even then, I could see that being the prelude to a future civil war where certain factions believe Jon should be first in line to inherit the throne and others believe Aegon should be.
This is mostly true. Rhaegar was next in line, but nikkas thought there wasn't gonna be a King's Landing for much longer fukking around with Aerys

When Aerys went crazy, Rhaegar conspired a takeover with other lords in the kingdom. They were supposed to meet at a tourney at Harrenhall to discuss plans

Aerys found out somehow(Varys:youngsabo:) and came to the tournament to everybody's shock

Look it up. Aerys fukkery was on 1000

Last edited: