Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I gotta admit, I feel the same way :patrice:

Tyrion is one of my favorite characters, but when he got appointed Hand to Kelly C, I was :gucci:

what did he do to deserve being Hand? his political stuff messed up and he almost got her whole city murked

like seriously. He's my dude and I believe he should be Hand, but they should have shown him racking up some W's to prove his worth before he got that appointment is all I'm saying :hubie:

Besides his fukks ups there were other little things he did (mostly off screen) that impressed Dany.

Biggest example I can think of is when he had Jorah banished.

Besides that he's not so enamored with her that he won't disagree or give her another viewpoint. When she wasn't talking about killing all of the slavers and burning their ships it was Tyrion who counseled against killing ALL of them and using the ships to her advantage.

Even his "fukk ups" aren't because of poor planning. He just got outwitted by Jamie

BAMBA

The Menace
Supporter
Daps
This banker that was talking greasy to Cersei....exactly what kind of military backing do they have to collect these debts? Cersei is willing to go to war against dragons but she can't tell Citibank to f*ck off? And if these dudes got juice like that, how come they don't just put someone on the throne?

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
This banker that was talking greasy to Cersei....exactly what kind of military backing do they have to collect these debts? Cersei is willing to go to war against dragons but she can't tell Citibank to f*ck off? And if these dudes got juice like that, how come they don't just put someone on the throne?
faceless men and supporting the north and dany

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
They can send out several mercenary military armies that are in essos. And they have the faceless men.

I'm not sure the show has ever done a good job of properly explaining their power, but just know that even Tywin was shook of not paying them back.

But traditionally, what the Iron Bank chooses to do to someone that doesn't pay them back is financially empower a different regime/ruler so that they can overthrow the ruler that has defaulted on their loan. And it's understood that the new ruler will assume the debt of the crown AND pay back their own loan. That is what they did with Stannis. It's how the Iron Bank continues to get rich throughout the world.

But if funding other rulers doesn't work, they'll just have to get their hands dirty and send out the assassins:ufdup:

Last edited:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
Tyrion knew there wasn't shyt there. Especially not Gold. He was the fukking Master of Coin at one point.

Cersei wouldn't keep anything of worth at Casterly Rock. She'd want all of her power close to her. She wanted Casterly Rock but Tywin wouldn't give it to her. But since her kids and her sat on the throne, who cares about Casterly Rock?

Jaimie didn't want anything to do with Casterly Rock, but Tywin desperately wanted him to go there and run things.

Hell, from a purely strategic standpoint, Casterly Rock is on the west coast, clear across the continent. Meanwhile, Dragonsbane is pratically on King's Landing's doorstep.

Only reason Tyrion wanted it was because it was the one thing Tywin told him he could never ever have.
It holds no real strategic value but it's bad PR to lose your ancestral home. Remember Robb had no reason to take the Rock either but that was his plan until the Freys and the Boltons switched up on him.
:dead:@ Citibank