Propaganda

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
"this is queen daenerys stormborn of house targaryen, first of her name, queen of the andals...blah blah blah."

"uhhhh...this is jon snow." :yeshrug:

:mjlol:

so what though? sam's the only one who ever cured house of valyria by just cutting the shyt off and rubbing some lotion on it? and what's up with spymaster varys not knowing about euron building the biggest (and fastest) fleet the world ever saw and aligning with cersei? and all that shyt that was about to go down at castlery rock and highgarden?

#targset gotta be looking like :sadcormier:after this week.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
tumblr_otxrmvgDX61w47t9ro2_540.gif

tumblr_otxrmvgDX61w47t9ro1_540.gif
tumblr_otxrmvgDX61w47t9ro3_540.gif
tumblr_otxrmvgDX61w47t9ro4_540.gif

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
It's interesting that they were involved in the slave trade.

I wonder what the Iron bank feels about the white walkers

Kinda impossible not to be involved somehow with the slave trade when it was such a big part of the economy in some places. I took it as they were indirectly involved with it though, like they probably did business with cities and people that were part of the slave trade.

Second question is interesting. No debt will be payed if a whole continent gets whipped out by the army of the dead. But then again, Westeros isn't even the Iron Bank's main client, Essos is bigger, is rich in trading goods and has a whole bunch of cities and markets.

If Jon Snow went to ask them for money (for men and resources) he would probably get the :camby: because he's not a safe bet.
When did they say this? Seems silly for them to think Stannis would've been able to afford to pay that given how much the crown owed.

People are filling in the gaps themselves to defend this "Iron Bank always gets their money back" line the show is selling. All Tyrion said was that they fund your enemies if you don't pay. Seems like a terrible unsustainable lending system.

The crown is the one that owes the IB money. If Stannis got to be King and have a prosperous reign, like Davos sold them on, he would inherit that debt. I have no idea if the show made that clear though, but if you go by how they work in the books (which is still cannon):
The Iron Bank of Braavos is the most powerful banking institution in the known world, richer and more powerful than the banks of all the other eight Free Cities combined, and with a fearsome reputation when collecting debts. When princes or kings default on their debts or are foolish enough not to honor their agreements with the Iron Bank, new princes and kings appear with the Iron Bank's support. These new princes and kings then honor the previous debt along with paying back the money the bank loaned them in claiming their new power, lest they suffer the same fate as their predecessors. "The Iron Bank will have its due" is a common saying among Braavosi, almost as common as the saying "A Lannister always pays his debts" is in Westeros

I do agree the Iron Bank hasn't been well explained nor shown how important/dangerous they are on the show. We just have to "trust" what every character tells us about them and how every single one - including Tywinn fukking Lannister - is shooked about them. If that's not enough for you I understand but it's really not that big of deal :manny:

Didn't she tell Arya that they would meet again after she bought Gendry?
:jbhmm:

:sadcam: I've started to get used to the fact that Arya might not make it till the end but I'd be damned if fukking Melisandre is the cause of her death :damn:

niguez

All Star
Daps
They not getting that Stannis gold back. Like Cersei told him all they do is bet. They've won so many times they can afford to lose a few bets every now and then. Stannis was a just a bad bet.

Who said it was good? I just gave you a plausible reason as to why the cure has been sitting in the book getting ignored. Maybe you and your gf should find something new to watch since this season is so basic now:yeshrug:

for 6 seasons nikkas was mad Dany wasn't in Westeros. Now she here and things have sped up and they want shyt to slow down. I don't get it.

I'm happy cuz I just wanna see shyt and not wait but mad because of the overall piece of work seems rushed. I know the feeling people have with the pacing.

Hejdå

Inactive
Daps
If Euron really thinks Cersei is gonna marry him he's an idiot. He has all the leverage right now. I'd be like "Look bish, you either gone marry me and let me hit TONIGHT or I'm sitting this war out. You choose."
Nah everyone knows he ain't shyt. Even the iron bank knows that nikka ain't shyt :pachaha: