FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
One final analogy for @R.E.N. Spells Ren so maybe he can get his head straight

IF (and only if) Dany held back the dragonglass, it would be a Donald Trump level of stupidity.

Imagine if Canada had a crisis that required a natural resource to combat that was only available in the United States. That crisis would eventually spread south, but by the time it got to the United States, it would be far too late for our abundant resource to make any difference and the United States would be wiped out too.

So the Canadian Prime Minister asks Trump to supply the resource. Trump tells him no, unless the Prime Minister pledges loyalty and submission to him and grants Trump dominion over Canada.

It would make life-saving sense in this scenario for the Prime Minister to bend the knee. But the mere scenario is so ungodly ludicrous and self-defeating from Trump. Should Canada submit to him?
Starkset seeing the writing on the wall :mjgrin:

its either bend the knee or have the NightsGawd all up in them guts :mjgrin:

the NightsGawd also hopes jon doesnt bend the knee :mjgrin:

#WalkerGang
0uZWRFO.png

Daps
Well....you gotta look at it from the North's point of view.

The North follows the Old Gods....the South follows the Faith of the Seven.

IRL, this is like Christians and Muslims sharing a country. There's a huge culture divide off that alone.

The North bent the knee because Aegon came through with 3 big ass dragons but, really nothing changed for them. Aegon allowed The North (and Dorne) to essentially be quasi-Kings. Lords from the North almost never came down to the South. For example, the Lannisters, people from the Reach, the Riverlands and the Stormlands were much, much, much more involved in King's Landing. Even, the Dornish eventually got back involved in King's Landing after they married into the royal family. But The North however, with the exemption of Cregan Stark, almost NEVER went down south.

So the North asked themselves why on Earth were they a part of the Seven Kingdoms when they shared nothing in common. Oh yea, them big ass Dragons.

But eventually the Dragons died off and there was nothing keeping the North from seceding because without Dragons, the South cannot take the North with a regular army. But since they had been in the Seven Kingdoms for 300 years, they just stayed because they had been in it for so long.

Then.....Aerys the Mad King boiled their ruler alive....Ned's father (Southern Ambitions though!). And then killed the North's heir, Ned's older brother.

So while the North was still wondering why they were still fukking with these nikkas....the South did them mad flagrant by killing Rickard and Brandon :dahell:

But alas, Ned and Robert killed the Mad King. The Rebellion was successful....their deaths were avenged....all was forgiven and things went back to normal.

The Starks went back to the North to their own peaceful lives again. Staying in the Kingdom but, not fukking with the South.

Except 20 years later, Ned, the next Lord of Winterfell got killed by them too :dahell:

Plus Robb :dahell:

And Catelyn too :dahell:

So from the North's perspective, the South has killed four of their leaders within 20 years (Rickard, Brandon, Ned, Robb), they have no connection to the South having a different culture & religion and without Dragons keeping the Starks/North in line, there's nothing the South can do to keep the North from seceding.

Jon needs the Dragonglass. He'll probably need Daenerys' dragons too. But that's gonna be a tough sell getting the North to ever go back to the 7 Kingdoms. I personally don't see Dany or her dragons making it out the war. She's a Conqueror. Not a Ruler. Dany and her dragons will die helping to save Westeros from the White Walkers.

Those are all fair points. I get all that. But what people seem to be glossing over is the fact that the reemergence of white walkers has changed the fukking game! 20 years of the South being treacherous? How about thousands of years of fighting, murdering, thievery, and pure hatred? That's what Jon had to have the wildlings and the night's watch and the northerners overlook so that they could face the greater enemy. He asked people to literally break bread with and help the very people (as in the same human beings, not just descendants or people with the same blood) who had killed their brothers. He asked a young kid who had his entire family, his entire village, likely everyone he's ever known in life killed by a raiding party led by Tormund to just put that behind him and look at Tormund walking around a free man with gifted lands south of the wall (lands wildling invaders had ravaged making them vacant in the first place) all cuz the Night King and his army of the dead was too big of a threat. And when Ollie rejected that deposit the coli roundly shyt on him be being disloyal to Jon!

Now y'all acting like it's off limits to ask the northern lords to return to a country after overthrowing the current regime. A country they've never had a problem being a part of (in terms of abiding by its rules). :what:

Last edited:
Daps
yo rewatching, why the fukk was randyll tarly even entertaining cersei and Jamie?
:why: these nikkas killed your liege Lord, wtf?

when ned stark got beheaded all them up north so icy boys was ready to ride.:win:

this nikka out here accepting summons and considering joining them.
:hhh:

#starkset last real nikkas alive. :blessed:

Yea, that's a great point.

Scust @ the Tarly's :scust:

Jax

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#Targset,#Heatgang,#Byrdgang
About the HBO Go/Now thing...Am I the only one that posts my reactions while the EP is airing and come back to read the thread later? It's so easy to miss things if you're reading or even just posting while the show is on.
It's just unfortunate that the vast majority gotta get shyt spoiled cause people watching on HBO GO/NOW can't comprehend that they're ahead.
Doing what you do is what I recommend. Me personally, I just stopped posting during the episodes because I read peoples comments after I post.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
About the HBO Go/Now thing...Am I the only one that posts my reactions while the EP is airing and come back to read the thread later? It's so easy to miss things if you're reading or even just posting while the show is on.
I mainly post and got back to watching, but usually a couple posts will load and I can't help but read them since they're short, and yea, sometimes it's spoilers. :shaq2:

MalikX

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Worldwide Entertainment
@MalikX Good assessment, but...

Ned and Robert killed the Mad King, did they?

Vc7tBgL.jpg

Slip of words. Stand corrected lol....Jaime stabbed him in the back :russ:

Robert caved in Rhaegar's chest :mjcry:

Ned killed Arthur Dayne or at least that's all the story people need to know :mjpls:

And Tywin made sure #TargSet almost went extinct