The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Yes, no shyt, he wouldn't be King in the North anymore....so what?

The Night King and his army of the dead is the priority right now. Why they seceded absolutely matters, cuz if it was cuz they had fundamental issues with being a part of the Seven Kingdoms, then it could make sense to dig their heels, but if it's strictly because of issues with current leadership, then a coup serves the same purpose. Dany is that coup.
if he's not the king of the north, the northerns will no longer follow him... they either gonna say fukk this nikka and go home.. or put sansa dumb ass in charge

you don't take the roll of king, lead nikkas into a battle against the dead, leave them at home to do some shyt they told you not to, then come back like "hey guys i bent the knee, we're under targ rule again, but ummm lets still continue on with our plans"

shyt ain't gonna work fam

Daps
if he's not the king of the north, the northerns will no longer follow him... they either gonna say fukk this nikka and go home.. or put sansa dumb ass in charge

you don't take the roll of king, lead nikkas into a battle against the dead, leave them at home to do some shyt they told you not to, then come back like "hey guys i bent the knee, we're under targ rule again, but ummm lets still continue on with our plans"

shyt ain't gonna work fam

That's a silly ass ultimatum, considering what's marching on the wall. Plus this wouldn't be the first time a King in the North knelt before a Targaryean and kept place as ruler of the North.

Finally, recall the first King of the North scene... The elder Karstark proclaimed "it was the dragons we bowed to, and now the dragons are dead!"

Well now the dragons are back.:ufdup:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
DFqqh6gXsAATbqk

:dead:

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
Canada is a democracy though, Trudeau wouldnt make it out the house of commons before he'd be able to do that

Now lets add to the reality that Canads just went through a bloody civil war, but in the end everyone came together and bestowed top power unto the Prime Mimister because of how great of a leader he was.

And also in that same reality, Trump's father had viciously murdered and tortured the Prime Minister's uncle and grandfather

.....my last post in this. I can't even....

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I think if Jon's only choices are bend the knee and have unlimited dragon glass and an assist of dragons or don't bend the knee and remain king in the north but fight the walkers by yourself, Jon is gonna bend the knee. It isn't about ego with him, he wants to save the world. If that means he has to look bad to the northerners then so be it, but he's seen the army of the dead and almost nobody else has.

It's true that if Dany really holds him to those choices, she ain't shyt and isn't worth submitting to.

But Jon being Jon he's gonna bend that knee to save the world.

Daps
I think if Jon's only choices are bend the knee and have unlimited dragon glass and an assist of dragons or don't bend the knee and remain king in the north but fight the walkers by yourself, Jon is gonna bend the knee. It isn't about ego with him, he wants to save the world. If that means he has to look bad to the northerners then so be it, but he's seen the army of the dead and almost nobody else has.

It's true that if Dany really holds him to those choices, she ain't shyt and isn't worth submitting to.

But Jon being Jon he's gonna bend that knee to save the world.

I won't pretend to know what Jon will do, but I find it extremely hypocritical that folks are holding a political decree over the safety of the free world. Especially since being an independent kingdom is something no one was ever clamoring for before the Greatjohn Umber (I mistakenly called him a Karstark before) opened his big mouth (really just sucking up at that point after Robb already had to put him in his place). The Mad King wild'd out, so they overthrew him, they didn't secede. And that was during peace time where they weren't worried about a greater battle. So why is simply overthrowing the Mad Queen not enough now? Now, when they need be focused on the real threat?

And she's not just sitting on dragonglass, she has an army and 3 dragons...

beanz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DR
I won't pretend to know what Jon will do, but I find it extremely hypocritical that folks are holding a political decree over the safety of the free world. Especially since being an independent kingdom is something no one was ever clamoring for before the Greatjohn Umber (I mistakenly called him a Karstark before) opened his big mouth (really just sucking up at that point after Robb already had to put him in his place). The Mad King wild'd out, so they overthrew him, they didn't secede. And that was during peace time where they weren't worried about a greater battle. So why is simply overthrowing the Mad Queen not enough now? Now, when they need be focused on the real threat?

And she's not just sitting on dragonglass, she has an army and 3 dragons...

It's like u said before, the independence was only sought after when Ned died at the hands of joffrey/cersei after Robert had died. The north never wanted independence while under the targs or under Robert but they were sure as shyt not gonna bow down to cersei and the lannisters. If Dany comes up with dragons and saves the north from certain doom, who's to say the north won't see her as a hero anyway?

Maxine Shaw

#ColiFam gave more $ 2 my students than my school
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, N.Y.
how you the king of the north when you bowing to the would be queen of westeros

that's like asking if it would have been ok for abraham lincoln to bend the knee to the southern president during the civil war

Wouldn't Robb have bent the knee to Renly? All Robb wanted was to be the king of a free and independent North, IIRC. I think the same situation applies here.