Daps
doesn't matter why.. didn't you hear the whole scene. the northerners made the same point. "she claims to be queen of the 7 kingdoms, the north is one of those kingdoms" there is no way to be the king of the north and bowing down to the queen of the 7 kingdoms. you aren't really a king to be bowing down to any damn body.. and you definitely ain't the king of the north if there's a queen of the north and the other 6 kingdoms

Yes, no shyt, he wouldn't be King in the North anymore....so what?

The Night King and his army of the dead is the priority right now. Why they seceded absolutely matters, cuz if it was cuz they had fundamental issues with being a part of the Seven Kingdoms, then it could make sense to dig their heels, but if it's strictly because of issues with current leadership, then a coup serves the same purpose. Dany is that coup.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
If I'm Jorah Mormont, you're not cutting my fukking scales off with just rum to numb the pain. :whoa:

I'd be like "Where's my milk of the poppy, bytch?!" :damn:

:russ: I didn't even stop to think about that. Shouldn't the Maesters have a whole room of that shyt? Probably on lockdown like a pharmacy.

Daps
The main reason is that he would completely undermine his own control over the North, which is more important in that fight.

He is King, period. No swearing fealty to Danaerys. The idea is ludicrous. You are on your own on this one.

He'd have to talk sense into the northern lords as he has had to do in the past as well. If they can't see the truth he's talking, then they deserve to die.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
He'd have to talk sense into the northern lords as he has had to do in the past as well. If they can't see the truth he's talking they deserve to die.
The same could be said about Dany in reverse. If she can't see the truth he's talking then she deserves to have her kingdom destroyed and everyone killed

I'm going to go back to pretending I didn't read this now :hubie:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'm with @R.E.N. Spells Ren on this one. At this moment isn't Dany with all the guns? Dragonglass and Dragons? Jon Snow should fall in. The North seceding in the first place was a bad idea and got Robb killed and even Stannis wasn't about to campaign for a split up kingdom.

Daps
The same could be said about Dany in reverse. If she can't see the truth he's talking then she deserves to have her kingdom destroyed and everyone killed

I'm going to go back to pretending I didn't read this now :hubie:

It most certainly could be said of Dany, but that's irrelevant, cuz we're talking about what Jon should do. Plus it's more potent to Jon cuz he's actually witnessed the Army of the Dead, he doesn't have to believe second hand tales.

Last edited:

Jards

All Star
Daps
You need to clarify. Do you mean "bend the knee" out of fealty and submission, or out of respect?

If you just mean out of respect, then I guess I don't care either. It aint that serious. But if you mean out of submission to her rule, then HELL NO for a lot of reasons
What's the difference? :jbhmm:

Bending the knee is bending the knee - if he bends the knee out of respect he's still submitting to her rule.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
What's the difference? :jbhmm:

Bending the knee is bending the knee - if he bends the knee out of respect he's still submitting to her rule.
There may not be a difference. I was just trying to clarify it to make sure there was no miscommunication. Because the idea was so ridiculous that I had to make sure I was reading it right

If Jon bends the knee and allows Dany reign over the North, he is dead to me. Simple as that. Because if she doesn't give up the dragonglass, then she is not a worthy queen anyway. Her holding the dragonglass hostage would be so asinine and self-defeating that she shouldn't even be allowed to run a banana stand, let alone 7 kingdoms.

Jards

All Star
Daps
There may not be a difference. I was just trying to clarify it to make sure there was no miscommunication. Because the idea was so ridiculous that I had to make sure I was reading it right

If Jon bends the knee and allows Dany reign over the North, he is dead to me. Simple as that. Because if she doesn't give up the dragonglass, then she is not a worthy queen anyway. Her holding the dragonglass hostage would be so asinine and self-defeating that she shouldn't even be allowed to run a banana stand, let alone 7 kingdoms.
Okay cool. Hold this rep.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
One final analogy for @R.E.N. Spells Ren so maybe he can get his head straight

IF (and only if) Dany held back the dragonglass, it would be a Donald Trump level of stupidity.

Imagine if Canada had a crisis that required a natural resource to combat that was only available in the United States. That crisis would eventually spread south, but by the time it got to the United States, it would be far too late for our abundant resource to make any difference and the United States would be wiped out too.

So the Canadian Prime Minister asks Trump to supply the resource. Trump tells him no, unless the Prime Minister pledges loyalty and submission to him and grants Trump dominion over Canada.

It would make life-saving sense in this scenario for the Prime Minister to bend the knee. But the mere scenario is so ungodly ludicrous and self-defeating from Trump. Should Canada submit to him?

Daps
One final analogy for @R.E.N. Spells Ren so maybe he can get his head straight

IF (and only if) Dany held back the dragonglass, it would be a Donald Trump level of stupidity.

Imagine if Canada had a crisis that required a natural resource to combat that was only available in the United States. That crisis would eventually spread south, but by the time it got to the United States, it would be far too late for our abundant resource to make any difference and the United States would be wiped out too.

So the Canadian Prime Minister asks Trump to supply the resource. Trump tells him no, unless the Prime Minister pledges loyalty and submission to him and grants Trump dominion over Canada.

It would make life-saving sense in this scenario for the Prime Minister to bend the knee. But the mere scenario is so ungodly ludicrous and self-defeating from Trump. Should Canada submit to him?

Not the same cuz Canada was never under the dominion of the U.S. If, in an alternate reality, they were a part of the U.S. and had recently seceded cuz they felt disrespected by things Obama did, but otherwise had no problem being a part of the U.S., then yes, Canada should submit to Trump's demands.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Not the same cuz Canada was never under the dominion of the U.S. If, in an alternate reality, they were a part of the U.S. and had recently seceded cuz they felt disrespected by things Obama did, but otherwise had no problem being a part of the U.S., then yes, Canada should submit to Trump's demands.
Now lets add to the reality that Canads just went through a bloody civil war, but in the end everyone came together and bestowed top power unto the Prime Mimister because of how great of a leader he was.

And also in that same reality, Trump's father had viciously murdered and tortured the Prime Minister's uncle and grandfather

.....my last post in this. I can't even....

Daps
Now lets add to the reality that Canads just went through a bloody civil war, but in the end everyone came together and bestowed top power unto the Prime Mimister because of how great of a leader he was.

And also in that same reality, Trump's father had viciously murdered and tortured the Prime Minister's uncle and grandfather

.....my last post in this. I can't even....
This analogy is becoming silly.

Yes they'll have to overcome the deeds of the Mad King. She'll have to sell Jon on the fact that she's not like the Mad King, and he'll have to sell this to the North. It's a hurdle, but one they must clear to beat the Night King.

And Jon just got through preaching about not holding sons and daughters responsible for the actions of their fathers, Sansa disagreed and the coli went at her throat. So I ask again, is it oochie wally, or is it one mic?:francis: