The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Set wars aside, why should we care if Jon bends the knee? He has no interests in the Iron Throne (well his only bit of interest would be wanting to see Cersei off of it), and is focused on the Night King. The Starks bent the knee to Aegon without bloodshed likely in part because they knew they had bigger issues to worry about North of the wall. He's knelt before Mance, he's knelt before Stannis, who cares if he kneels before Dany? Especially if that helps convince her to shift strategies away from King's Landing and towards what's happening on the wall.

It should also be noted that it was Melissandre who convinced Stannis to take his eyes of King's Landing and head north from Dragonstone, and she's lamped up in Dragonstone at the moment.
how you the king of the north when you bowing to the would be queen of westeros

that's like asking if it would have been ok for abraham lincoln to bend the knee to the southern president during the civil war

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
That's a terrible analogy. Lincoln had jurisdiction over the South. :dahell:
They left the union. He was not their president

I guess it's backwards but same principle. The north has left the 7 kingdoms, as did the south of America. They have declared themselves their own nation and put forth their own leader, as did the south.

Now all the sudden Jon goes and bows down to who is supposed to be the new leader of the SEVEN kingdoms. Not 6. All 7.

It would be like Jefferson Davis going to bow down to Lincoln while the southerners are still in open rebellion

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
If that happens, Jorah might as well kill Jon. This nikka took your bytch AND your ancestral sword AND your daddy's old job AND got your whole island bowing down and calling him daddy king :wow:
:why::dahell: do you nikkas watch the show or scheme through it, Jon is Danys nephew, he aint fukking her, the incest is only exclusive to Cersie and Jamie

Daps
They left the union. He was not their president

I guess it's backwards but same principle. The north has left the 7 kingdoms, as did the south of America. They have declared themselves their own nation and put forth their own leader, as did the south.

Now all the sudden Jon goes and bows down to who is supposed to be the new leader of the SEVEN kingdoms. Not 6. All 7.

It would be like Jefferson Davis going to bow down to Lincoln while the southerners are still in open rebellion

Davis bowing to Lincoln makes more sense, but still isn't the same. It would be same if Jon was to bend the knee to Cersei, who he's actually in rebellion against.

Plus, the South left the Union because they no longer wanted to abide by the Union's rules. The North isn't crying about taxes or following the rules of the Seven Kingdoms. They left cuz the current regime killed their Liege Lord.

Daps
I'm gonna pretend that I didn't just see #StarkSet general @R.E.N. Spells Ren imply that its OK for Jon to bend the knee.
:francis:

This ain't back in the day. Torrhen Stark can kick rocks. We on our own now.

Sansa got raked over the coals for worrying about insignificant squabbling in the South, yet folks are encouraging Jon to lose out on dragonglass and potentially more men (and dragons) in the fight against the Night King?

Is it oochie wally or one mic? :jbhmm:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Sansa got raked over the coals for worrying about insignificant squabbling in the South, yet folks are encouraging Jon to lose out on dragonglass and potentially more men (and dragons) in the fight against the Night King?

Is it oochie wally or one mic? :jbhmm:
You need to clarify. Do you mean "bend the knee" out of fealty and submission, or out of respect?

If you just mean out of respect, then I guess I don't care either. It aint that serious. But if you mean out of submission to her rule, then HELL NO for a lot of reasons

Daps
You need to clarify. Do you mean "bend the knee" out of fealty and submission, or out of respect?

If you just mean out of respect, then I guess I don't care either. It aint that serious. But if you mean out of submission to her rule, then HELL NO for a lot of reasons

I suspect Dany is going to demand the North be included in her country, so yes, bend the knee as in the North goes back to the way it was before Ned was beheaded, once she takes the throne.

You're gonna have to list all those reasons refusing that would be better than losing out on much needed help against the army of the dead.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Davis bowing to Lincoln makes more sense, but still isn't the same. It would be same if Jon was to bend the knee to Cersei, who he's actually in rebellion against.

Plus, the South left the Union because they no longer wanted to abide by the Union's rules. The North isn't crying about taxes or following the rules of the Seven Kingdoms. They left cuz the current regime killed their Liege Lord.
doesn't matter why.. didn't you hear the whole scene. the northerners made the same point. "she claims to be queen of the 7 kingdoms, the north is one of those kingdoms" there is no way to be the king of the north and bowing down to the queen of the 7 kingdoms. you aren't really a king to be bowing down to any damn body.. and you definitely ain't the king of the north if there's a queen of the north and the other 6 kingdoms

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I suspect Dany is going to demand the North be included in her country, so yes, bend the knee as in the North goes back to the way it was before Ned was beheaded, once she takes the throne.

You're gonna have to list all those reasons refusing that would be better than losing out on much needed help against the army of the dead.
The main reason is that he would completely undermine his own control over the North, which is more important in that fight.

He is King, period. No swearing fealty to Danaerys. The idea is ludicrous. You are on your own on this one.