pickles

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
#Byrdgang
Where you see the homie @obarth reviews at? I used to post his reviews on a tennis forum I'm a member of.

With full credit to the author by the way :whoa:

I don't remember, maybe all hip hop forums and then it would lead me to Lipstickalley. I wasn't a member of those forums, but I wanted to read all of his reviews. People would copy and paste his reviews. I think he did Homeland reviews too, but I don't remember and they would copy and paste that too. Finally I just googled his whole review and thecoli came up. And I joined simply so I could read all of his reviews.

And this amazing thread happened soon after I joined, and that is when I knew this place was something special.

http://www.thecoli.com/threads/one-of-our-fellow-posters-has-made-it-in-life.144631/

Obarth bringing people together outchea.

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Quick observation about the writing

That scene where Jon/Sansa het the news of Cersei being queen keeps sticking out to me.

The way they glossed over that shyt was lazy

So you get a note saying that Cersei is now Queen, which means ALL THOSE people died, and it doesn't even get a reaction?:dahell:

Nah they just go straight into "Well how do we fight her"

This is where I see the need for the books for a leg to stand on for help. Having the main plot points and the ending is great but let's not rush to get there
Jon gives 0 fukks what's happening in the South. If it ain't about White walkers, he's not tryna hear it. Plus I'm sure there's a lot of information being given to characters off screen. We don't need to see Jon and Sansa getting caught up with everything going on in Kings landing.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Just read 4-5 pages of nikkas talking about hair color like we back in season 1. :francis: ole "Seed is strong" ass nikkas.

All in all good episode, hope the pace picks up fast with only 7 EPs this season. I want to see some characters reunite or meet for the first time. Dany & Jon, Arya/Sansa & the Hound, Tyrion, Cersei, & Jamie, and especially Jon & Bran. Also where the homie Bronn at. A Tyrion/Bronn reunion would be dope.

Next meeting between any or all of the three is gonna be flames.

King Slayer Vs Mother of Dragons. Tyrion is gonna catch feelings.

When Cersei meets Tyrion that conversation alone is going to be legendary.

I imagine Tyrion and Jamie will just give each other hi fives.

Bron is a lord banging some rich chick now but im hoping for a Tyrion,Bron,Pod reunion somehow as well.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm gonna take a break from putting my golden boots on your throats and ask a serious question. What's a satisfying finish to this show? For a show that subverts fantasy tropes, Dany and Jon teaming up against the white walkers sort of betrays the central premise of the show. Handsome hero and beautiful queen destroying the undead army doesn't fit on a show where honour gets you killed, the machiavellian dwarf is the hero, and damsel in distress controls the dragons instead of getting rescued from them. Long story short, I feel like we are running towards a typical fantasy ending on a show that made its bones by bucking those traditions.

For me, the following things could make the end interesting:

1. dany and jon in conflict w/ tyrion choosing the winner
2. white walkers humanized (not a faceless 'bad guy')

Anything else? How do we see this all playing out?

Daps
All in all good episode, hope the pace picks up fast with only 7 EPs this season. I want to see some characters reunite or meet for the first time. Dany & Jon, Arya/Sansa & the Hound, Tyrion, Cersei, & Jamie, and especially Jon & Bran. Also where the homie Bronn at. A Tyrion/Bronn reunion would be dope.

I'm really expecting Euron to kidnap Tyrion and bring him back to Cersei. Jamie claims Tyrion is dead to him for killing his father, but I don't believe him, I think he ends up killing the Mad Queen to save his brother.

Last edited:

Apollo Kid

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Boom Bap Era
Littlefinger plotting against Jon and is using Sansa as a proxy and she doesn't even know it. :francis:

It'll be interesting to see if Dany would be willing to give the Dragon glass to fight the WW. I'm guessing Tyrion will persuade her to take her troops to the North where the real battle is.

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
Where you see the homie @obarth reviews at? I used to post his reviews on a tennis forum I'm a member of.

With full credit to the author by the way :whoa:
:gucci:

Its been quoted like 15 times
EDIT: nevermind, misread your post. Didnt realize you were asking about where he saw them on a different forum

Love me some obarth reviews but jesus christ people, you don't have to keep quoting the long ass full text repeatedly. Just give him a tag or something
:pachaha:

Daps
Reppin
Des Moines, IA
I'm gonna take a break from putting my golden boots on your throats and ask a serious question. What's a satisfying finish to this show? For a show that subverts fantasy tropes, Dany and Jon teaming up against the white walkers sort of betrays the central premise of the show. Handsome hero and beautiful queen destroying the undead army doesn't fit on a show where honour gets you killed, the machiavellian dwarf is the hero, and damsel in distress controls the dragons instead of getting rescued from them. Long story short, I feel like we are running towards a typical fantasy ending on a show that made its bones by bucking those traditions.

The idea the GRRM subverts fantasy tropes is exagerrated a bit

I have read a lot of his work, the ending of this being Jon and Dany teaming and winning would not be out of his wheelhouse.

However, the journey to get there would certainly be rough and costly. He certainly does not like clean endings. If the hero wins, there is a cost.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm really expecting Euron to kidnap Tyrion and bring him back to Cersei. Jamie claims Tyrion is dead to him for killing his father, but I don't believe him, I think he ends up killing the Mad Queen to save his brother.

Yeah, this sounds likely. Could also be one or more the sand snakes. Revenge for Mycella would make cersei pretty happy! This would also allow Dany's coalition to break up (Dany wants to go north, Dornish and Tyrells want revenge on Cersei - something like that) which basically has to happen for this shyt to be interesting.

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
I'm worried about the gift - I'm assuming it'll be one of the Sand Snakes, but it could be Olenna or Tyrion.:sadbron:

Actually, I've changed my mind... doesn't he have the dragon horn?

Throwing an early chip on Cersei dying after blowing the horn.

Last edited by a moderator:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The idea the GRRM subverts fantasy tropes is exagerrated a bit

I have read a lot of his work, the ending of this being Jon and Dany teaming and winning would not be out of his wheelhouse.

However, the journey to get there would certainly be rough and costly. He certainly does not like clean endings. If the hero wins, there is a cost.

I see your point, but we are talking about the show here. And on the show, handsome hero and pretty queen destroying undead army would be a pretty boring and atypical conclusion given everything else we have seen.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps

I've thought about this a lot. And that's probably the problem. I've read so many theories and considered so many endgames that I'm almost to the point where I'll take anything other than the bold. That's probably a disservice to the story, as GRRM never intended for his ending to be speculated on for so long.

The Dany and Jon team up was probably fresh and riveting in his mind when he first thought it up in the early 90s, and I know he only intended for the original story to last like 2 or 3 books. But as the story has expanded, I guess so too has a desire for something grandeur among the people speculating and theorizing.

Unfortunately, I agree with you that it does appear that we're headed towards a traditional ending that doesn't subvert the genre expectations or have a compelling narrative theme other than the straightforward "it's a song of ice and fire" theme. I'm not looking for a twist for the sake of a twist, just something that is as thought out and logical as the big events that made the story so engrossing to begin with. But it's starting to look like it'll just be the Hardhome battle and Battle for Mereen battle mixed together - which will be fine spectacle and fun to watch, but still...

Hopefully I've just been lulled to sleep and they have something more satisfying up their sleeve.

George has said it'll be bittersweet. And one of the bitter elements appears to be the complete destruction of the major houses of Westeros, by the hands of the houses themselves, and not the White Walkers.

House Martell is dead. (Kinslaying helped to do it)
House Baratheon is dead. (Kinslaying helped to do it)
House Tyrell is dead.
House Bolton is dead. (Kinslaying helped to do it)
House Arryn is nearly dead (Kinslaying helped to do it)
House Mormont is nearly dead.
House Lannister is nearly dead.
House Greyjoy is nearly dead (Kinslaying helped to do it)

I wouldn't be surprised if "the wheel" that Dany described truly is broken, and all of the major houses are wiped out at the end.

Whatever they do, I hope they have an epilogue or sort and that it just doesn't end at the climax of battle. I really would like to see what happens to all of the regions and characters after the battle is over.

Last edited:

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've thought about this a lot. And that's probably the problem. I've read so many theories and considered so many endgames that I'm almost to the point where I'll take anything other than the bold. That's probably a disservice to the story, as GRRM never intended for his ending to be speculated on for so long.

The Dany and Jon team up was probably fresh and riveting in his mind when he first thought it up in the early 90s, and I know he only intended for the original story to last like 2 or 3 books. But as the story has expanded, I guess so too has a desire for something grandeur among the people speculating and theorizing.

Unfortunately, I agree with you that it does appear that we're headed towards a traditional ending that doesn't subvert the genre expectations or have a compelling narrative theme other than the straightforward "it's a song of ice and fire" theme. I'm not looking for a twist for the sake of a twist, just something that is as thought out and logical as the big events that made the story so engrossing to begin with. But it's starting to look like it'll just be the Hardhome battle and Battle for Mereen battle mixed together - which will be fine spectacle and fun to watch, but still...

Hopefully I've just been lulled to sleep and they have something more satisfying up their sleeve.

George has said it'll be bittersweet. And one of the bitter elements appears to be the complete destruction of the major houses of Westeros, by the hands of the houses themselves, and not the White Walkers.

House Martell is dead. (Kinslaying helped to do it)
House Baratheon is dead. (Kinslaying helped to do it)
House Tyrell is dead.
House Bolton is dead. (Kinslaying helped to do it)
House Arryn is nearly dead (Kinslaying helped to do it)
House Mormont is nearly dead.
House Lannister is nearly dead.
House Greyjoy is nearly dead (Kinslaying helped to do it)

I wouldn't be surprised if "the wheel" that Dany described truly is broken, and all of the major houses are wiped out at the end.

Whatever they do, I hope they have an epilogue or sort and that it just doesn't end at the climax of battle. I really would like to see what happens to all of the regions and characters after the battle is over.

The more I think about it, the more I think Dany and Jon teaming up is very "anti GoT" to begin with.

If he's a Stark, he's part of the family that rebelled against her family and almost destroyed it. In her eyes, he has to go just like the Baratheons and the Lannisters. If he's a Targaryan, he's a direct threat to her claim on the throne. In all reality, he's both and a pretty poor fit for any sort of alliance with her.

If she's there to smash on the great houses of Westeros, why would she listen to Jon's white walker warnings. If she's there to be a noble queen and protect the realm against it's most significant threat, how does she keep her tyrell/greyjoy/martell mutual revenge pact alliance together?

Hopefully the end game incorporates some of these fault lines.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yes. She's taken every L there is.

She would've been sucking Tyrion's dikk too if he wasn't sprung over a double-agent prostitute.

Sansa ain't done shyt other than look like her mama. And Tully's are straight retarded.

Wrong. She saved John in the b*stard bowl. On top of that, she's seen all the backstabbers, double talkers, and how they operate. Sansa knows this game is played on another level.

Last edited: