#StarkSet

Stark till I die
Supporter
Daps
I've thought about this a lot. And that's probably the problem. I've read so many theories and considered so many endgames that I'm almost to the point where I'll take anything other than the bold. That's probably a disservice to the story, as GRRM never intended for his ending to be speculated on for so long.

The Dany and Jon team up was probably fresh and riveting in his mind when he first thought it up in the early 90s, and I know he only intended for the original story to last like 2 or 3 books. But as the story has expanded, I guess so too has a desire for something grandeur among the people speculating and theorizing.

Unfortunately, I agree with you that it does appear that we're headed towards a traditional ending that doesn't subvert the genre expectations or have a compelling narrative theme other than the straightforward "it's a song of ice and fire" theme. I'm not looking for a twist for the sake of a twist, just something that is as thought out and logical as the big events that made the story so engrossing to begin with. But it's starting to look like it'll just be the Hardhome battle and Battle for Mereen battle mixed together - which will be fine spectacle and fun to watch, but still...

Hopefully I've just been lulled to sleep and they have something more satisfying up their sleeve.

George has said it'll be bittersweet. And one of the bitter elements appears to be the complete destruction of the major houses of Westeros, by the hands of the houses themselves, and not the White Walkers.

House Martell is dead. (Kinslaying helped to do it)
House Baratheon is dead. (Kinslaying helped to do it)
House Tyrell is dead.
House Bolton is dead. (Kinslaying helped to do it)
House Arryn is nearly dead (Kinslaying helped to do it)
House Mormont is nearly dead.
House Lannister is nearly dead.
House Greyjoy is nearly dead (Kinslaying helped to do it)

I wouldn't be surprised if "the wheel" that Dany described truly is broken, and all of the major houses are wiped out at the end.

Whatever they do, I hope they have an epilogue or sort and that it just doesn't end at the climax of battle. I really would like to see what happens to all of the regions and characters after the battle is over.

I think that's why I like this show so much, they've spent what will be 7 seasons on trying to gain the throne and it's not going to matter in the end

:wow:

FrankyFourFingers

Raised in Ruins
Daps
Reppin
CA
yall aredy know the ending but dont want to acknowledge it :mjgrin:

you know #WalkerGang hitting that corner three dagger. Yall think we just some uncivilized
sWl9Gtu.png
ice demons, but fail to recognize RR martin dont fuc with one dimensional characters. the walkers will get some backstory and yall gonna recognize who the real good guys are. yall chose the wrong set. We the cure to the virus. Thats why the children made us.

NightsGawd bout to break brans ankles and hit that lay up in em AI arm sleeves. wont go seven games. we snubbin trump on that white house visit too. yall free to hit the parade tho. its gonna be to die for :mjgrin:

#WalkerGang

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
Starkset turning on Sansa, one of the last real Starks. :guccidahell2:
Looking like Kobe Stans vs real Laker fans.

Thank you! I used to hate Sansa...until I realized that she was only 13ish during all of her f0ck ups. She was the same age as Tommen ruling age but Tommen doesn't get 1/2 the flack that Sansa does.

Sansa only looks weak b/c her family is so gully in comparison. She was a teenage child dreaming & Prince Charming at the time. But she's finally catching up. Let her live. Let her grow.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
My whole thing with sansa is what does she want? A cookie? bytch thank you for the Vale helo but what the fukk you want? Jon offered your ass Winterfell, you said no.
I'm just triggered. I'm remembering I just started liking this bytch 2 seasons ago. I wish she take her ass to the Vale and use her new found cunning and take over that shyt.

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
My whole thing with sansa is what does she want? A cookie? bytch thank you for the Vale helo but what the fukk you want? Jon offered your ass Winterfell, you said no.
I'm just triggered. I'm remembering I just started liking this bytch 2 seasons ago. I wish she take her ass to the Vale and use her new found cunning and take over that shyt.
Just the Lord's chamber:whoa:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm tired of you nikkas saying this stupid shyt, so I'm going to quote you and tag LovelyOne83, Racer X and Blondie.

on #starkset watch this fukkn scene and tell me how she saved Jon?
@3:20
Sansa: I would've told you not to attack Winterfell until we get a larger force
Jon: When will we have a larger force :mindblown:
Sansa: *Knowing she spoke to Littlefinger says nothing* :francis:
Jon: We're lucky to have this many men :mindblown:
Sansa: It's not enough :francis:
Jon: I know it's not enough. It's what we have. :mindblown:
Sansa: *knowing she spoke to Littlefinger says nothing* :francis:

She never saved Jon. She never saved Winterfell. She never saved a single one of the soldiers fighting to reclaim the throne. She threw their lives away in battle when she DECIDED not to inform them of resources from the Vale.

Then she has the audacity to say, "If Ramsey wins I'm not going back there alive."

bytch IF RAMSEY WINS JON IS DEAD TOO. WHAT THE fukk YOU MEAN "YOU'RE NOT GOING BACK THERE ALIVE." bytch NOBODY IS ALIVE. :pacspit:

Sansa is the GoT version of a girl you're dating who won't tell you which restaurant she wants to eat at or a girl who purposely won't text you until you text her first, then gets mad at you for being distant.

Like bytch speak up. WE DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS.

STOP CODDLING THIS GROWN ASS FEMALE.

This bytch acts like she's muhfukkn AskJeeves. "I know him". "I know her". What do you know!? Speak specifics. :wtf:

True, men died needlessly. But they would have been wiped out completely if it wasn't for her. She learning who to trust.

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Just the Lord's chamber:whoa:
Nah, he also said you should be the Lady of Winterfell and she was like no, you are a Stark too. Should have claimed her shyt but she knows the North aint really going to follow a woman in times of war. She need to fall back and stay in her lane...

Tasha And

Superstar
Daps
Nah, he also said you should be the Lady of Winterfell and she was like no, you are a Stark too. Should have claimed her shyt but she knows the North aint really going to follow a woman in times of war. She need to fall back and stay in her lane...
Nah breh they were only talking about her taking their parents bedroom, she was just saying he can have the bedroom. :russ:

dem bath salts

To be reckoned with
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Broward
Nah breh they were only talking about her taking their parents bedroom, she was just saying he can have the bedroom. :russ:

Nah I know that scene. But before the battle when they were deciding to even do this, Jon was like you have rhe better claim. He woulda have backed her but she aint want it then. She let Little finger put this shyt in her head.